Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LoL PvP?

Default LoL PvP?

League of Legends. You should all know what I'm talking about here. They have progression within the actual match. Is it crazy if Age of Conan did something similar? Could we gain points through PvP objectives that we could invest in a temporary "PvP tree" that allows customization within the PvP match? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    Is it crazy if Age of Conan did something similar? Could we gain points through PvP objectives that we could invest in a temporary "PvP tree" that allows customization within the PvP match? What are your thoughts?
    would be pretty freaking wack if AoC implemented anything smart with pvp. Should have seen the PvE community go ballistic when pvpers mentioned mere stats. never silly to suggest tho

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    would be pretty freaking wack if AoC implemented anything smart with pvp. Should have seen the PvE community go ballistic when pvpers mentioned mere stats. never silly to suggest tho
    I think the hard part is creating more content without increasing the already oceanic gap between old and new players. I think temporary progression that's short enough for people not to get too attached is a decent enough idea.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    This ^ people should have been going crazy when players suggested more statistics that would show more than just kills and deaths as there's so much more to minigames than kills.

Problem is it might be hard to see real progression in a 15 minute mini. What I would like to see is perhaps when the unchained minis come out have a ranking system that grants the best players in their class and the best people at objectives and healing etc. a special set of more powerful gear for a week.

That way almost everyone has the same gear so no gear gap, and the one's that really stick out get rewarded for great teamplay
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 13th June 2013 at 16:28.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

It would be very interesting what it would do to minigames if every captured flag/skull would give a teamwide buff for x minutes (or rest of the game). My gutshot is that that it would increase the quality of minigames and people would actually start to go for the real minigame objectives instead of stupid k/d.
    Nifie @CROM

Quote Originally Posted by Conrath View Post
    It would be very interesting what it would do to minigames if every captured flag/skull would give a teamwide buff for x minutes (or rest of the game). My gutshot is that that it would increase the quality of minigames and people would actually start to go for the real minigame objectives instead of stupid k/d.
    you lost me at chasing objectives

it should be the other way round bonus for kills penalty's for pveing objectives

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post

it should be the other way round bonus for kills penalty's for pveing objectives
    That's what people are doing now! People don't have a problem chasing kills and ignoring objectives. A lot of people I mini with seem to think that every map is Team Deathmatch. But that's not what wins minigames.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post

Zone control is a perfectly valid form of PvP manifestation man. Of course, it depends on how it is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrath View Post
    id go hide in a corner when the other team has the buff

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    That's what people are doing now! People don't have a problem chasing kills and ignoring objectives. A lot of people I mini with seem to think that every map is Team Deathmatch. But that's not what wins minigames.
    it demonstrates FC chose the wrong objectives in the minigames

ppl value kills more than flags> kills rather than flags should win minis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast