Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Necro Pets

Quote Originally Posted by smacpro View Post
    1) fact is mutilators are best for highest single target because of proc x10

2) i think the debuff isn't that important for short fights and you get it also through life strike
    i would go with max dmg instead of max debuffs
    yes they are -in solo situations. once you get a properly skilled idol of set, blighted ones do more dps due to their higher procc rate of resonance. add a dt to that necros group and even life stealers will do more -> blighted one's and life stealers can an will procc aura of dread fury, mutiliators won't.
    __

as you've already mentioned: fights are short, thusly mutiliation wont procc high enough to be noteworthy. so if the base dps of all pets is nearly the same in questing situations i'd go for utility like little heal and/or debuffing. but it wont matter alot, so i suggested picking pets just out of cosmetic preferences -as long as he has at least 1 or 2 melee pets to make use of frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    your wrong arcanists are best dps mage pets.
    i just found that on entity did slightly more dps with 2 arcanists+1 blood arcanist not realy sure why, might be because your receiving spell damage, need to test it.
    Hmm, parsing Entity sounds good, problem is the randomness factor in the fight.. sometimes you won´t have to run with Photon Beam at all, sometimes you have to run once, sometimes every other time etc. Not sure, if pets are firing all the time while kiting.

Here´s the deal, we got parsers from all our main raids, but dunno if it´s kept in a form, that only pet dmg can be shown, gonna ask. Also there will be probably a slightly progress in my DPS, since I´m getting better and better gear .. or is the difference between pet combinations (4x reapers vs. 2x arcanists + 2x BA vs. 2x BA maybe?) so big, that it will be pretty obvious from the parser?

gonna post my build later, since I can´t remember now, but I see you don´t have Devourer feated in your linked specc, so 4x Reapers (2x Blood Arcanists?) might still be the best?
    Last edited by Argantes; 17th June 2013 at 09:15.

I don't think that it plays a big role if you choose reapers or arcanists. The dps of the pets are almost identical (~525 for Reapers against ~495 for Arcanist on strawman). The group wide base spell damage buff of the arcanists is surely more useful than the healing of the reapers.

My build for arcanists
    http://goo.gl/BvDcj
    (yes, I know that Dread Blight is completely useless^^)

Quote Originally Posted by MrGimbel View Post
    The group wide base spell damage buff of the arcanists is surely more useful than the healing of the reapers.
    yea, that´s most probably true.. unfortunatelly necro is the one taking the least benefit out of his own buff, what a shame
    Last edited by Argantes; 17th June 2013 at 09:30.

u can get 1800dps with reapers without trouble on entity

@arg if u kiting pb your pets hitting boss at begin but when u run too far away then just follow u

Devourer feat is feat that makes difference between reapers and other casters pets but i thought it is obvious for ppl posting on necro forum :P
    Last edited by Anecro; 17th June 2013 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Anecro View Post
    u can get 1800dps with reapers without trouble on entity
    entity only (no thrash)? can you support it with specific parser, raid setup, build? max I´ve seen was like 1,3k-ish from full or almost full T4 vets (dunno if pets or DtS, tho). usually it´s about 1-1,1k (using pets for sure)

@arg if u kiting pb your pets hitting boss at begin but when u run too far away then just follow u
    yep, that´s my theory, that they should be most likely in range, but never actually looked after them

Devourer feat is feat that makes difference between reapers and other casters pets but i thought it is obvious for ppl posting on necro forum :P
    you don´t say? the thing is, I haven´t seen its influence on Entity encounter and it´s been actually ages since I´ve seen any proper and up-to-date raid encounter parsers on these forums
    Last edited by Argantes; 17th June 2013 at 09:58.

sorry i cant share coz few weeks ago i removed all combat logs file (small files but way too many on my small ssd)

its same like on tl forum where noite trying proof that dts is way to play on entity what is not true

build i have is very universal for many diff encounters since i dont need more dps i dont have to make anything special :P

Edit: entity fight is about how long u can stay on SW - nothing more (then u can make own conclusion what do u need to stay whole fight on it and with some practice u dont realy need tos with bs on back) hf
    Last edited by Anecro; 17th June 2013 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Hmm, parsing Entity sounds good, problem is the randomness factor in the fight.. sometimes you won´t have to run with Photon Beam at all, sometimes you have to run once, sometimes every other time etc. Not sure, if pets are firing all the time while kiting.

Here´s the deal, we got parsers from all our main raids, but dunno if it´s kept in a form, that only pet dmg can be shown, gonna ask. Also there will be probably a slightly progress in my DPS, since I´m getting better and better gear .. or is the difference between pet combinations (4x reapers vs. 2x arcanists + 2x BA vs. 2x BA maybe?) so big, that it will be pretty obvious from the parser?

gonna post my build later, since I can´t remember now, but I see you don´t have Devourer feated in your linked specc, so 4x Reapers (2x Blood Arcanists?) might still be the best?
    i am aware i dont have devourer specd remamber a guildie using 3 points in devourer+4 reapers he did lower dps i did on build i linked without for "generic" all pets build remember chatting with him and he said he didnt feel dps was realy better but healing was awesomely good.

dps in entity is a bit dull to be honest you sw as much as you can keep all 3 dots time to use chill last moment and spam icestrikes, only real trouble is reacting in time to use you keybind on sw, there i experience issues with innappropriate lag and most inconvenient moment possible :P, and the annoying bug where you instead of leaving sw it refreshs sw and you cant move wich is equaly annoying.

what i found and this is for sure is given the conditions of fight, wich require lenghty sw and max single target range dps using 8 stack despoil the soul+general tree gives me better performance for continuous sw and reaching higher dps, and systematicaly i reach higher dps then using pets in that fight.

this fight makes me want to be able to see exclusively my own dots on target cause often target has 6-9 necro dots and i realy dont know wich ones are mine :P.

to back up my claims i randomly found 2 old parsers one me using 2 arcanists+1 blood arcanist, another with 8 dts stack
    http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5466/f1f.png
    http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/933/1xl.png
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Anecro View Post
    sorry i cant share coz few weeks ago i removed all combat logs file (small files but way too many on my small ssd)

its same like on tl forum where noite trying proof that dts is way to play on entity what is not true

build i have is very universal for many diff encounters since i dont need more dps i dont have to make anything special :P

Edit: entity fight is about how long u can stay on SW - nothing more (then u can make own conclusion what do u need to stay whole fight on it and with some practice u dont realy need tos with bs on back) hf
    what i know is your in coe and my buddie torilius sais your necros there are all noobs apart from some guy called radim who know how to play his necro he already showed me in tells he destroied all your necros dps using his pvp despoil the soul build reaching around same dps i actualy posted in screenshots.

so maybe ask torilius to teach you.
    Last edited by noite80; 17th June 2013 at 14:04.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    .. only real trouble is reacting in time to use you keybind on sw, there i experience issues with innappropriate lag and most inconvenient moment possible :P, and the annoying bug where you instead of leaving sw it refreshs sw and you cant move wich is equaly annoying....
    yes, this is why we rather go out of SW at every Photon (thus getting less SW stacks, damage etc.).. the fight is sometimes laggy enough to see ppl dropping to the abyss, so better be safe than sorry

gonna try the arcanist/BA setup tho

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast