Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Hehehe lurvi are far better than me to explain !

Nice one man

My opinion about T4 gear:

Classes which benefit more imho are casters, sins, rangers.
    These classes don't loose significant survivability by using T4 gear (or Kithai, in lower measure) instead of PvP gear, and gain a lot of DPS.
    Demos, necros, rangers, sins gets insane killing potential with T4 gear (Kithai DPS gear is not so far from this pov, but still it is a step down).

So are these classes OP in T4 gear?

Yes and no, because there are also other problems related to gear and class balance.

Protection on tanks PvP set for example is OP aswell.
    K/D is a bad stat imho, but generally it is the stat the most people consider when talking about "opness".
    Well, no good T4 caster can get close to a good tank K/D, at least if using same criteria in selecting minigames to play (if one player chose to play only easy games than it's crazy easy to have a good k/d on any class with basic skill..).
    The reason is that a T4 demo dies in the matter of seconds if focused properly by decent opponents.
    Very high DPS, very low survivability = priority targets, as we all know.
    Tanks get just mostly ignored (because of insane amount of protection, multiple bubbles etc.).

Another problem is about some mechanics which should be revised.
    Have you an idea of how OP is LO vs demos?
    No unless you play a demo/necro and you have played vs a skilled full T4 sin.
    Skilled sin (or even average) in T4 gear (or just kithai gear) focusing demo = demo dead in few seconds repeatedly.

So yes, Demo has OP kill potential in T4 gear, which leads sometimes to crazy minigame results (47-3, 37-2, 30-0 etc) but it also has an anti-class against which is impossible to do anything (if that class can kill you in 3 sec and is totally immune to your damage and CCs for at least 4 sec there is not much you can do, not?).

To sum my point of view: T4 gear is something "wrong" in PvP, which generates problems.
    But there are also other problems.
    All the PvP gear should be reviewed.
    If Funcom introduces Unchained minis with all classes in current PvP T3 gear it will not work.
    It will be mostly a tank farm party.

It's a bit complex to suggest how to review and change PvP gear, but a good thread topic would be "what should be the stats for a new PvP T4 set on every class, and how should be PvP T1 - T3 stats changed?".

A good start suggestion to discuss could be this: redesign PvP gear properly (fill with stats suggestions) and make PvE gear not usable in minigames (or just nerf every stat to 80% of its value when used to PvP).

Another good suggestion imo is to make PvP T1 gear (full set) available for few gold to all players from PvP lvl 0.
    Actually it is available only to buy from store, which is not good imo.
    PvP level progression at high levels should be faster (my demo is PvP 7 and my BS is PvP 8.. I promised to get PvP 10 never doing bori, but my will is falling down since it takes ages at level 8-9..).
    PvP weapons should be completely revised, and/or PvE weapons should get an automatic stat nerf similar to that one I suggested for PvE gear, considered how OP they are compared to PvP weapons (at least T3 crafted and T4 weps).
    PvP AA gain level should be increased (it is crazy low compared to PvE AA gain level).

I just wrote down first suggestions I could think of.
    These imo are good topics to discuss.

But yes, come to forum to QQ cause getting farmed by a caster in T4 gear is easier.. and when it's a tank who QQs about how a caster is resistant I should not lol and reply? LOL
    Last edited by Calore; 3rd July 2013 at 00:28.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Well you know, when a demo KB my dt and use firewave on me, i lost already like 40 - 50% My Hp.

Then he run away still blast me, and cc again with firewave.

The game is absolutely broken this is what i think, and ever more with t4 gears.

( I have a demo too, but only pvp 5 ).

And already my demo can own people so fast with fire ring (fireweave AA).

Some class are already so strong, this is the problem, look at the sin in t4 who can critical you with a detonate at 4600 - 4800 (first time i see it).

You will don't see that on pvp 10 guys, that don't exist.

We don't play the same game, those people are far more stronger.

Btw if people don't know what fire ring do :

Fireweave hit at 1 k + (minimum) every 1 second for at last 10 second.

With fire ring, you will hit every 0.5 seconde for 5 second, with more AOE radius.

So op, you do like 5 - 6 K in 5 second (KB enough for the 5 second).

When i gank people with my demo, i launch fire gehena, the two instant the lord thunder thing instant (AA).

You can remove already 3 K HP.

Use the KB who hit at last at 600.

Use fireweave, you remove 5 - 6 K HP.

Now the answer is, if i enjoy those fight ? Well i don't, but i either don't enjoy see a sin two shot my demo, or a ranger two shot him too...

So this is the first who attack.

There is alot to fix when it comes to minis... This isn't all related to gear, sure the powerful pve gear is a big culprit, but!

Biggest culprit of all = pug minis

You say you struggle with sin on demo, ok... What if you had better balanced teams? We all know current system is flawed with buggy signups and people leaving the games. No sense of team-play. There are anticlasses to the sin too.

I don't think t3 gear for all would be a bad start if you compare it with the current state of heavy pve/pvp mix. Remember melee's only recieve the very mediocre weapons.
    There would be more important things to address if simply gave everyone t3.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 3rd July 2013 at 00:54.

What is wrong with you calore...

Go play a class other than a demo in pvp then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    What is wrong with you calore...

Go play a class other than a demo in pvp then come back.
    Thx, great comment

So your point is?

Ok, you convinced me, I give up.
    Continue to QQ, I promise I will not reply anymore, I will just read and have some lol.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Just a reminder: intelligence and wisdom give protection too. So a full t4 demo has 400 protection against fire/electrical/cold damage (not counting accessories and weapons which give even more). Not so bad now, eh?
    Full pvp t3 (again, no accessories) is 700 prot (however it works against all types of magic damage including holy and unholy which makes a difference vs poms and sins)

Poms get about 450 prot (vs holy/unholy) in full t4 vs 1000 against everything in full pvp t3. That's a more meaningfull difference but poms in full t4 one shot everything with their fat crits (and they actually can handle sins pretty well with their bubbles and stuff) so you still see poms in full doing t4 doing great. Toses in full t4 are rare though.

And btw... good demos actually can kill sins in 1o1 (but it's like 50/50, not 100% ofc). Unless you think all sins on Fury are bad, which would make me laugh, I can tell you our best demos don't get facerolled CONSTANTLY by sins (since that's what you are apparently saying).

And sygma how can you say it's faster to get pvp gear - unless you mean pvp t1 gear? All raids give relics so you always get to purchase at least your minor pieces (for t3,t3.5,t4) in a relatively short amount of time if you're in a proper raiding guild. It takes a lot of won minis to get pvp t2 gear (and a ludicrous amount to get pvp t3 gear...). Ofc not taking Bori into account here.
    Last edited by kalston; 3rd July 2013 at 08:39.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Just a reminder: intelligence and wisdom give protection too. So a full t4 demo has 400 protection against fire/electrical/cold damage (not counting accessories and weapons which give even more). Not so bad now, eh?
    Full pvp t3 (again, no accessories) is 700 prot (however it works against all types of magic damage including holy and unholy which makes a difference vs poms and sins)

Poms get about 450 prot (vs holy/unholy) in full t4 vs 1000 against everything in full pvp t3. That's a more meaningfull difference but poms in full t4 one shot everything with their fat crits (and they actually can handle sins pretty well with their bubbles and stuff) so you still see poms in full doing t4 doing great. Toses in full t4 are rare though.

And btw... good demos actually can kill sins in 1o1 (but it's like 50/50, not 100% ofc). Unless you think all sins on Fury are bad, which would make me laugh, I can tell you our best demos don't get facerolled CONSTANTLY by sins (since that's what you are apparently saying).

And sygma how can you say it's faster to get pvp gear - unless you mean pvp t1 gear? All raids give relics so you always get to purchase at least your minor pieces (for t3,t3.5,t4) in a relatively short amount of time if you're in a proper raiding guild. It takes a lot of won minis to get pvp t2 gear (and a ludicrous amount to get pvp t3 gear...). Ofc not taking Bori into account here.
    Well with my **** demo, for kill a sin this is :

If i attack first (that help)

If the sin is in avatar (kite and stun)

If the sin use the anti KB general.

If he don't, i fire him, and KB him, and fireweave...

Now the problem i will surely critical him, and he will be imune to magic for a while.

And he can use pain attenuation too.

Well, sin is my nemesis.

All raids give relics so you always get to purchase at least your minor pieces (for t3,t3.5,t4) in a relatively short amount of time if you're in a proper raiding guild. It takes a lot of won minis to get pvp t2 gear (and a ludicrous amount to get pvp t3 gear...). Ofc not taking Bori into account here.
    Well, no. You re forgettin the Rare tokens / Dragon tears, and of course the more than not granted drops.

These actually DO TAKE time to acquire, far more than anything you can grab in PvP simply by winnin minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmaelle View Post
    Well, no. You re forgettin the Rare tokens / Dragon tears, and of course the more than not granted drops.

These actually DO TAKE time to acquire, far more than anything you can grab in PvP simply by winnin minis.
    Well, let's not forget that some guilds have found out how to repeat the final encounter in T4 without being locked out. I've seen so many players wearing blues, but carrying t4 weapons. It is a problem. A nasty huge bad problem.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast