Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

You need 2 miniqueues. PvP 0-4 and PvP 5-10. It wouldn't solve all problems but it would keep the progression fun in AoC. Unchained and PvP 0-10 gives 2 queue too, doesn't take skill into account though. But it could remove a major motivational factor in game
    Last edited by Monkeyy; 30th June 2013 at 06:56.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    O.k. you like competing and RL comparison, but is competing if you put some amateur basketball team in NBA league?
    Competing is when everyone has chance, if only one side have chance than its more destroying.
    And honestly, fresh player in blue gear dont stand much chance unless he is supreme player and run a lot
    Not even then. I'm not that great at PvP. I'm "decent". On my main (barb) I have some AA progress and pvp t2/t3 and mostly tigers/hyrk gear. I will ALWAYS destroy a fresh 80 barb. Doesn't matter how good they are, I will land one butcher, ATG/Decap and they are dead. No contest. That should not happen. A superior player should ALWAYS win vs a lesser skilled player. The only time gear should make a difference,(If at all) should be between 2 equally skilled players, and it should be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Not even then. I'm not that great at PvP. I'm "decent". On my main (barb) I have some AA progress and pvp t2/t3 and mostly tigers/hyrk gear. I will ALWAYS destroy a fresh 80 barb. Doesn't matter how good they are, I will land one butcher, ATG/Decap and they are dead. No contest. That should not happen. A superior player should ALWAYS win vs a lesser skilled player. The only time gear should make a difference,(If at all) should be between 2 equally skilled players, and it should be minimal.
    Exactly what happen when i meet t4 guys or some pvp 10...

And that why if no change come, i will quit the game, this is not fun to be killed because of the gear people used...

I am sure they like to be strong and own other people who don't have the gear, and say to other to l2p.

Fine, but they will play alone soon.

You guys are all wrong, minigames are about:

1. lopsided matchmaking

b. huge gear gap

3. lack of rewards

D. the better team camping the pad

Doesn't that sound fun??

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    No, the biggest problem(s) are:

1. Bugged signups where people do not know the correct procedure to get in (such as leaving the window open, joining, getting booted, resigning, getting the accept message, and then waiting 10 seconds to accept while leaving the pvp tab open)
    Since going Premium again this bug has been really getting on my tits.
    Thanks for letting me know the workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Exactly what happen when i meet t4 guys or some pvp 10...

And that why if no change come, i will quit the game, this is not fun to be killed because of the gear people used...

I am sure they like to be strong and own other people who don't have the gear, and say to other to l2p.

Fine, but they will play alone soon.
    sure its the gear that kills you not the player behind the gear
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    "Gear doesn't kill players, players kill players."

This is true, but in real life, it's damn easy for a person to get the gear to even things up a bit. (for now in the US in many states anyway) In the game, it's ridiculous. but more to the point, it's just not fun. Puppy stomping in minigames might be fun for the stomper, for a while at least. But now look how long it takes to pop a minigame these days. We have like 3 hours of "peak time", and even then the teams are almost never balanced. Fresh 80s are getting slaughtered, frustrated and ultimately turned off of pvp altogether. The few vets who stick around are bored, or nerdraged out of their minds at how terrible things are. We must be masochistic to stick around as long as some of us have. The combat system is just too good, but the other systems are just broken.

"Gear doesn't kill players, players kill players."

This is true, but in real life, it's damn easy for a person to get the gear to even things up a bit. (for now in the US in many states anyway) In the game, it's ridiculous. but more to the point, it's just not fun. Puppy stomping in minigames might be fun for the stomper, for a while at least. But now look how long it takes to pop a minigame these days. We have like 3 hours of "peak time", and even then the teams are almost never balanced. Fresh 80s are getting slaughtered, frustrated and ultimately turned off of pvp altogether. The few vets who stick around are bored, or nerdraged out of their minds at how terrible things are. We must be masochistic to stick around as long as some of us have. The combat system is just too good, but the other systems are just broken.
    in real life its extremely expensive to obtain best ranged weapons to kill your enemies, its why only the rich can afford them and war is a richmans game.
    in real life the guy with the teleguided drones with bombs wins over kalashnikoff rebels everyday.
    fortunately aoc is not real life :>.
    i been posting for years that random minigames where i cant play with friends and f2p noobs with totage gear in my team or on oposite team are boring and i can kill them in seconds.

pvp in this game is just crap, a f2p new lvl80 joins a minigame he just gets wtfpawned, all the pro pvp'ers come to minigames to farm the target wich is easiest...

you dont allow people to be together in minigames so there is no team play and most minigames are a deathmatch where soldiers focus exclusively easiest victims, wich unless there are a few full t4 mage/rogue on oposite team they run around pretty much immortall to do so, and most oftenly given soldiers with t2 pvp set are so strong there are some minigames where 8-10 players are soldiers and most of them conqs .
    the tip of the minigame drama is unworking sign up system where if you forget you signed up or just get distracted you wont even notice that according to game your in a minigame despite no teleport or warning/pop up confirmation window, wich leads to teams never starting full.
    added to that invariably all high lvl pvp'ers get on same team while other team has all the lowbie pvp'ers.

oh lets not forget that prowess gain doing pvp doesnt even compare to doing pve so players who focus pvp cant even gain aa's at same lvl as a pver.

yep craig morrison's pvp content force players to do minigames, dont allow players to play together, hit resource nodes for pvp xp, add massive grind to obtain aa's to be competitive, unbalance pvp gear to force most classes to do pve for pvp gear , never under no circumstance ban players using teleports, autocomber, speedhacks, radar.

<3
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Indeed the "fresh" character periode is the weak spot of PvP. But, if you play the game it's relatively fast to get enough gear to be competitive enough. Tanks might be the ones that take the longest to gear up but even undergeared they don't really suffer from it in minis.

Having a decent weapon is pretty fast thanks to quest rewards from T2. Having decent gear is pretty fast aswell through khitai and solo instances. It's even faster now that you don't have a long time to wait before you have TW/FH, SF or Resolve. Much easier to get in groupes.

In my opinion you have three levels in terms of gear importance.
    - First one: you just reached level 80. You've got cheap greens and blues from trader and low AA.
    - Second one: you've played the game so you have Khitai gear, maybe some T3 at least a quest reward weapon and PvP gear if you're into that (mostly needed for tanks).
    - Third one: You're fully geared with all there's best for you in the game, full AA.

The first level, you can compete much with anyone unless you outskill your oponnents a lot, it's true. However it's also a short periode of time if you play the game. Second level, you can compete with the third level even though at a slight disadvantage depending on where you're at in that level.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    Sure it is.

But hey, i understand a bad player can kill a good with this gear, and a good player can even more explode you.

But don't worry, i hope t5 come, i hope the merge come, and all pvper from fury and other, will meet all those t4 guys everywhere in Mini.

They will understand.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast