Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    5. And finally, people getting in, purposely dropping, and then telling their guildies to join on much higher geared/pvp level toons on a team which was probably already stacked and then sorted by the game already... just so they can farm. This does not happen all that often, but I have seen it, often late night.
    Who are the evil minds behind this?!?

This is really something funny.
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I do ofc.
    I'm saying that people who imagined this must be really crazy... lol
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Default have they

Have they even tried to fix any problems yet or added any content?

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Who are the evil minds behind this?!?

This is really something funny.
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I do ofc.
    I'm saying that people who imagined this must be really crazy... lol

No, it's mainly a sect of Oceanic players who spend some nights throwing minis in interesting ways and doing other strange things. When the merge comes you'll get to enjoy them as we do.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    No, the biggest problem(s) are:

1. Bugged signups where people do not know the correct procedure to get in (such as leaving the window open, joining, getting booted, resigning, getting the accept message, and then waiting 10 seconds to accept while leaving the pvp tab open)

2. People not doing the above procedure correctly within the right time and ruining team make ups

3. People that sign up, know the procedure to get in, but do not join the mini anyways. There was a player today who was signed for 8 minis and never joined any of them, causing one team to be down 1 almost at the start of every game. Either they are constantly AFK, or trolling.

4. The dreaded mini game bug, which really does not prevent you from signing but it's annoying none the less

5. And finally, people getting in, purposely dropping, and then telling their guildies to join on much higher geared/pvp level toons on a team which was probably already stacked and then sorted by the game already... just so they can farm. This does not happen all that often, but I have seen it, often late night.

6. Game balancing determined by...whatever it is they determine teams. It's often times terrible but usually because of the above 5 reasons...

There you go.
    There will always be asshats. As for the joining mini games, I think most know about this by now, or they would just give up thinking it was broken early on and not sign up anymore.

As for #5, never seen this, but I play primetime.

The problem as I see it is:

1. Balance done at the start of the timer, instead of 5 seconds to start game.

2. PVP levels not taken in to consideration

I think if you just start with these two, which are code writing fixable, you are off to a good start.

Bah...I Forgot just how unfair aoc instanced pvp is. I haven't tried a single mini for 7 months till today and i tried it with my pvp 1 barbie with no AA but still.... Such a grind fest i had like 1 kill and 10 deaths while on DT i always had around 15+ kills and below 5 deaths and i play tali specc, but alas DT is pvp 8 with bunch of epics and full AA tree so i mostly end up 1 shooting fresh lvl 80, especially with dooming presence combo while in frenzy but this today with barbie was unplayable -.- .

Balancing is so broken, i ended up for example in Lost Temple with 3 bear shamans and one pvp 1 tankie-spankie conq. while opposing side was OP.. O.o, point is i lost that match too.

Point of this post actually is that today i was reminded after 2 years just how unfriendly pvp is for new characters.

I am not a barbie pro but i had 154 kills and 47 deaths on that char from open world pvp but in instanced pvp (ala minis) i can't do much, i die like in 3 sec which can be annoying sometimes but most of the time i don't care.

But i bet new players do care if their first chars get owned like that so basically in order to play PvP now you need to do bori until you get to pvp 5 or do endless KK HM + raids or join minis as a free for all target until minis get you to pvp 4 if nothing else so you can get first pvp epic set.

With this being said, FunCom should do something about it (Unchained minis hello?) because honestly even from my ''veteran'' point of view i simply can't be bothered to farm for ages in order to get some of my alts to ''pvp ready'' and not being just a team lecher -.- .

To answer the question ''what is the point of minis'' it should be fun, pure and simple, but you can't have it on fresh alts which is a mood killer since my main is already maxed in every wat and i am bored of playing it so i focus on alts and want to pvp with them but farming pvp ranks so i can get competitive gear for the 1000 the time is......Yuussshh!

All this typing made me tired, i am not a fan of long posts but it happens sometimes.

Oh well, i'm off to a mini or 2 or just chating with friends so...see you in game. ^^

P.S Joel give us unchained minis already for fix fax and that historical crafting revamp which is being developed since i started playing age of conan in 2010 -.-

And don;t quote me on this.

I think the main problem With minis to day are that many EU and RUS players are camping minis to leetch Badges. This has been a bigger problem after the move of servers. i guess it is the increase of latency that make ppl think they are not able to do pvp more.

I can only speak for my self and i have 200-300 ms With lots of 500 spike. This make minis hard to play and i now only play my ranger in pvp staying in hide killing easy targets and not supporting my team.

minis are fine, lot of retarded ppl but you have to make best of the situation/parts u get much like in real life where you can't really avoid interacting with lesser ppl..

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    minis are fine, lot of retarded ppl but you have to make best of the situation/parts u get much like in real life where you can't really avoid interacting with lesser ppl..
    pft lesser ppl compare aoc to real life bro

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    pft lesser ppl compare aoc to real life bro
    why not? or I am getting levelled? some ppl like to always compete and have will to really improve their status/skills no matter if is it wealth/education/work/social status/sports etc. why would that be any different for aoc?

relaxing without competing is for lesser ppl..

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    why not? or I am getting levelled? some ppl like to always compete and have will to really improve their status/skills no matter if is it wealth/education/work/social status/sports etc. why would that be any different for aoc?

relaxing without competing is for lesser ppl..
    O.k. you like competing and RL comparison, but is competing if you put some amateur basketball team in NBA league?
    Competing is when everyone has chance, if only one side have chance than its more destroying.
    And honestly, fresh player in blue gear dont stand much chance unless he is supreme player and run a lot

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast