Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    i still dont see it as op gear its simply the best available gear possible to rogues&mages, and without it they are surely less competitive.

go ahead flame on .

and i still think this is main reason to have new re-evaluation of pvp gear stats or speeding up of crafting revamp at least the pvp part of it, given its very unfair to players who simply dont raid or have interest raiding.
    Let me just say what I feel, and its strictly my opinion. The problem with pvp, is ever increasing gear for dps. This favors classes that sit in the back and blast away (e.g. ranger, demo, necro) or classes that already have insane HP like a guard or Conq. It severly hurts classes like a hox or tos, even sins if they don't take feat protections. We need PVP gear to balance out the dps of pve gear by offering additional protection. I just don't have 3 hours every other night to get gear, or learn the strats, or get in a guild that would let me one off raid. I do like the pvp advancement, its more on my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    teams are unballanced because its impossible for funcom to know who is good an who is bad.

I love this !

Quote Originally Posted by jenyu View Post
    i am not sure what of what you mean with this.
    not everyone enjoys minis as they are as a form of pvp. minis are more or less the only ay to enjoy pvp, if u dont like the way minis are, FC doesnr have a product for you

Red team = 3 rangers and 3 something else... Blue team = 6 any combo but no rangers. Red team wins! Flawless victory! Fatality!

Mini games currently need a complete overhaul. There actually is a matchmaking system in place believe it or not, it's just extremely outdated and doesn't do a good job at all.

Funcom is currently being asked by the community to bring a broad range of stats from PVP to be visible to the public. What they should consider doing is giving players a percent based score. Like lets say a player has a high probability of winning a mini game. Meaning if he has won lets say 100 Capture the Flag mini games, and lost 30 Capture the Flag mini games in the past, then that player is put into a group with players who aren't as lucky. Sort of to balance out the mini game matchmaking. Because the way it currently is, it seems at times it's archtype based. So you get a PVP 10 PoM with a PVP 10 DT on 1 side, and a PVP 2 ToS with a PVP 1 Conq on the other. Or something to that effect. Makes it very frustrating, since you see this ALL the time. Its as if the matchmaking system says "Well each team has a healer and tank, so it's fair." When in actuality it's not fair at all. What would be preferred is if they split the PVP 10's to different groups. I've been in countless minis where 1 team is stacked with PVP 6-10 players, and the other team is PVP 0-6. And that's the sort of balance that needs to be addressed.

Most of the PvP 10's on Set I do not want on my team, most of them are bought. They can't know bad players from good ones, but they do need to do something with the code when one side gets 2-3 healers and another gets none, or one side gets all melee and another is all ranged.

Other times you look at the make up and wonder if the stuff they are smoking is really that legit.

They also need to fix the sign up bug, not everyone knows to keep the screen open once you get kicked, resign, and wait 10 seconds to accept to get in. Often times, this is what mismatches the teams the most.
    Doomsayer 2008

To OP: terrible thread from apparently terrible PvPer but anyway....

I think that in some way matchmaking is provided. Although such situation can happen when 1 team has two healers and 2nd team none but usually it is therefore healer who was in 2nd team left game before it ever starts (you can check it usually in chat) and you log into mini yourself.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Noone talk about weird players. Ofc there are issues with minis, but i've been i thousands minis in wich i've been in team stacked with ppl pvp 7+ vs team up to pvp 5 and we usually lose , coz noone cares about objectives. All go for kills only . The situation when in one team there is 2 healers and in other none is mainly coz ppl reject or bug in signup window. The biggest problem is AA system and gear dependance. Other problem is offline lvls. Players hurry to hit lvl 80 and start grind gear and not much ppl actually play low lvl minis.

Quote Originally Posted by gazoder View Post
    Noone talk about weird players. Ofc there are issues with minis, but i've been i thousands minis in wich i've been in team stacked with ppl pvp 7+ vs team up to pvp 5 and we usually lose , coz noone cares about objectives. All go for kills only . The situation when in one team there is 2 healers and in other none is mainly coz ppl reject or bug in signup window. The biggest problem is AA system and gear dependance. Other problem is offline lvls. Players hurry to hit lvl 80 and start grind gear and not much ppl actually play low lvl minis.
    YOu realize that people asked for Offline levels and AAs. People also asked for pvp and pve gear with different specs. Perhaps you are in the minority here, but that doesn't de-value your opinion. Just be mindful that you are asking for yourself, and not asking for the entire community.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    YOu realize that people asked for Offline levels and AAs. People also asked for pvp and pve gear with different specs. Perhaps you are in the minority here, but that doesn't de-value your opinion. Just be mindful that you are asking for yourself, and not asking for the entire community.
    No, the biggest problem(s) are:

1. Bugged signups where people do not know the correct procedure to get in (such as leaving the window open, joining, getting booted, resigning, getting the accept message, and then waiting 10 seconds to accept while leaving the pvp tab open)

2. People not doing the above procedure correctly within the right time and ruining team make ups

3. People that sign up, know the procedure to get in, but do not join the mini anyways. There was a player today who was signed for 8 minis and never joined any of them, causing one team to be down 1 almost at the start of every game. Either they are constantly AFK, or trolling.

4. The dreaded mini game bug, which really does not prevent you from signing but it's annoying none the less

5. And finally, people getting in, purposely dropping, and then telling their guildies to join on much higher geared/pvp level toons on a team which was probably already stacked and then sorted by the game already... just so they can farm. This does not happen all that often, but I have seen it, often late night.

6. Game balancing determined by...whatever it is they determine teams. It's often times terrible but usually because of the above 5 reasons...

There you go.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast