Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames whats the point?

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    3 mths actually
    3 month playing 12 hours per day right ?

Sorry i have a life lol \o/

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I am half considering writing the code that would balance for them. I just don't know if I have the time to think through the logic.
    I am LMFAO.

These threads crack me up to say the least. First of all you have to have different f*cking classes signing up in the first place to balance. Second of all, with whatever the hell classes sign up, you can't just balance based on levels either because you will NEVER have a perfect balance of class/lvl ratio. If you have 2 healers, a 10 and 3. How do you balance that? You just get what you f*cking get. And don't even start with "yeah but they can counter balance with another 7 or some **** of a different class" because you always have a screwed up differential. No matter what.

Yes there are times when a mini will topple because of load times, people dropping, not accepting, late arrivals blah blah. Just go with it. Just play best you can and stop making up excuses to hate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanzyx View Post
    I am LMFAO.

These threads crack me up to say the least. First of all you have to have different f*cking classes signing up in the first place to balance. Second of all, with whatever the hell classes sign up, you can't just balance based on levels either because you will NEVER have a perfect balance of class/lvl ratio. If you have 2 healers, a 10 and 3. How do you balance that? You just get what you f*cking get. And don't even start with "yeah but they can counter balance with another 7 or some **** of a different class" because you always have a screwed up differential. No matter what.

Yes there are times when a mini will topple because of load times, people dropping, not accepting, late arrivals blah blah. Just go with it. Just play best you can and stop making up excuses to hate everything.
    Easy with the insults there cowboy. I get you are just a player, but in the end aoc is just another coded application. It can be built to address all issues. Will it ensure there is perfect balance? No because it cannot take in to consideration a players skill level, but it can help and improve a terrible system already in place.

I can give you countless examples of how a team with 2 healers, one pvp 2 and one pvp 10 can still be balanced. It is all situational, and depends on the other 10 classes signed up. Also, since I can tell you don't play a healer, heals don't change on pvp level, so the level of heals doesn't change and teams are balanced. However, you can code it so the following does not happen:

1. All pvp 5-10 on one team and all pvp 0-5 are on the other.
    2. All healers are on the same team

These are the issues we see that makes one team sit at the start, or drop before it starts.

you shouldn't mock what you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post

Like the WoF argument lets get real and make the test.
    Winning HV, 3-0, with quest :
    220 XP from quest.
    201 XP from victory.
    83 + 55 + 28 Xp from flags.

In a mini where my team did a total of 25 kills i could sum up 419 XP comming from kills. Pretty normal mini

Total: 1.006 XP for one victorious 10 minut minigame.

With a +20% pvp XP pots (45 funcom points) we can assume this number would have rised to 1.207 XP.

Now some stats and estimation:
    To reach PvP 5 from PvP 4 (120.726 XP to get) in a month you'ld need to :
    Win an average of 4.024 XP per day.
    Assuming you have a 50/50 chance of winning and that minis rarely last the whole 20 or 40 minuts: it's a rather reachable number in a relatively short time. For instance a won JS with quests will give you no less than 2K XP.
    Win a JS, win a HV, lost a LT and you should be near 4K XP.
    Winning a JS 30 mins, winning a HV 15mins , losing a LT 15 minuts = An hour plus 10/20 minuts waiting time between two minis.

That sounds about right ? Nowhere close to 12h a day.

I know in these times of gloom and doom it's old-fashioned to "Always look on the bright side of live". So i'll just advice players to look at ingame numbers. It's not as dark as you would want it to be.

EDIT: Don't tell me lowbies have much less than 50/50 chances of winning a mini. It's not true. They only get roughed up much more.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

bk also give xx% for pvp xp if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    bk also give xx% for pvp xp if I remember right
    battlekeep trader 3 gives 10%, pvp potion 20%, bori book 25% all stacks up.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Reaching pvp 5 is pretty fast if you focus 1 char, but than it becomes bit slow.
    Forgot how much xp is from pvp 9 to 10, is it 500k or million?
    Btw not everyone is in big guilds with bk's and renown to use bori books.
    The fact is that i have seen some people getting t4 gear, maybe not full but weapons and 1-2 big pieces and couple small pieces relatively fast, and that is significant impact on that person game play.
    Its pointless to cry to much about it but hopefully they will fix this problem in future making pvp gear if not better than at least on par.
    Ye soldiers can do good in pvp armor but pvp weapons suck for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Reaching pvp 5 is pretty fast if you focus 1 char, but than it becomes bit slow.
    Forgot how much xp is from pvp 9 to 10, is it 500k or million?
    554713 exp It is not that much once you got all the previous levels by doing minis

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    When Bori first came out, some Euros got pvp 10 within a week, but that was most likely from level 4 or 5 which only takes 1-2 days of Bori grind anyways. People dont have the dedication or guild support like when it first came out so yeah it probibly takes about a month or two of hard work these days.
    Back then though most of us where already pvp 7-8 from the pvp xp equalization, and bori xp wasn't nerf'd yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post

not at all lol i play an hour max a day xd

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast