Thread: Asking advice in general for a F2P player

Default Asking advice in general for a F2P player

Hi guys, I have recently started trying this game and man, I am loving it as I have always loved Conan. I have leveled HoX, barb, PoM and necro to 30 and then tried the next. But before I do, I would like to ask something about higher level.

I am definitely going to try all of them to at least level 30, however, as a F2P player and not having the expansion, I would like the advice or opinion of some of you. What I am talking about are the AA perks.

I was tempted to try the DT, however, after searching a bit about the class, EVERYWHERE, they talk about VoM, which looks like its an AA perk, and then, I will not have it. My question about the DT is, it is worth playing it as a main character without the expansion, or do you really need those AA perks to make him shine? I guess after leveling some char to 80 I will be tempted to get the expansion and sub, I am sure of it, however, this feats unlocks at level 20 and I want a class which keeps being enjoyable to play with or without the perks until I consider the sub and the expansion. So, it is worth the try if I like it or is not worth without the AA perks?

I have enjoyed the 4 classes I have leveled, barb being the most enjoyable one, I really like the melee here, but I have also read about barbs that they got revamped or something and classes like a conqueror when specced carnage deals just the same dps and being SO MUCH MORE durable, thats not fun, I liked the barb

Now for the general from my topic, same as DTs for every class, there are some classes who should have the AA perks highly in consideration, or there are some which would be more enjoyable or enjoyable enough without them? obviously not doing high end content as I have read you then need the perks, but to not lose the main feel of the class like as I have read that could be about the DT?

I should add I will not be playing too much for now, until I decide to sub or not, then I would solo a lot and I highly prefer a DPS class more than tanking or healing. With this, I say priests and tanks are obviously also in consideration if they are capable to be DPS effectively, and thats why I am asking about DTs and also would like to know about Conquerors, are they viable to the point to make a barb not worth being the same but so much less squishy?

I apologize for the bit of wall of text guys, just wanted to give you some points that could help you giving me advice or opinion. I am sorry for my english as well I know I am bad but I hope it was enough to understand my points!

I will be PvE centered at 99% btw, thanks you very much in advance!

AA's don't really change the basic feel/playstyle of a class. At least of the ones I've played. You'll get a couple of new abilities but everything else stays more or less the same.

VoM is quite a dps boost but it relies on having a good bit of crit rating on your gear. I'm more or less guessing but it doesn't seem to me that it would make much difference until you have the gear to go with it. Just to be sure that you know... you can't get VoM until level 80. In fact only the first tier of AA is available at 20. All the rest require level 80.

All that aside VoM is completely passive. You'll be playing exactly the same way with it as you would without it.

Know that the classes can be specced very differently so comparing them isn't quite so cut and dried. A talisman specced DT can be a total glass cannon for instance, then almost impossible to kill when tank specced, but in which case they're going to lose a lot of dps.

DT does have an easier time of it soloing but if you find barbarian to be the most fun there's no real reason to play a DT instead. No idea how a conq stacks up as I haven't played one.

I see, so to have an almost full leveling PvE experience you dont need those perks at all, most of it because I actually NEED to reach 80.

Thats what I wanted to know, then I will keep tryng them to 30 or so and then choose the one I enjoyed the most ^^, and yeah, for now, I liked the barb and kinda enjoyed the weapon switch to CC or DW, even when at that level is not worth at all, just to practice and have more enjoyable battles

Thanks you for the fast, simple, and just what I wanted to know answer thanks you very much!

You need to be premium to gain AA
    You need Khitia to get AA
    You need to be premium to use the Khitia expansion, you cant use it as FTP
    You need to be premium to raid T2 and above

Basically to play and enjoy the game at 80 you must pay and you must buy the Khitia expansion

You can level to 80 without paying but then you must pay to progress you character. Its not really FTP, rather its a free trial. With regards to AA, they are huge force multipliers for you character development. You absolutely need them for both PVE and PVP at 80.

I only read a couple lines of the original post. But i will answer what I think you are asking.

DT = Toon who is 100% dependent on the gear/aa's he has. It is quite possibly the most gear dependent and AA dependent toon in the game.

With that said, the most un-dependent gear toons in the game are probably. The guard, conq, barb, all the casters, and tos.

I'm not saying that the toons above, can't benefit from good rock solid gear. I'm just saying that you can do MAJOR dps or aggro, with a minimum type of gear set up.

As far as what is fun yada yada, I highly suggest getting some Khatia expanion for your gaming. I know it cost money, but it is sooooooooo worth it. The gear is great, the 6 mans are amazing curves for you to play on as far as fun is concerned and also challenging. The old world content is really just a huge tank/spank type method they used to get people used to the combat. Not really challenging.

Anyway, hope to see ya around. Later!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Awesome, you kind sir told me something I wanted to know

So I didnt go wrong with barb, thanks you so much! ^^

As general rule, everything you see on forums is about level 80. AA also only happens at 80. And you're doing it right as long as you're melee (casters are lame, demo is lamest).

If you do reach 80, you'll have to become premium and buy Khitai to continue playing, there's nothing else to do then. But more or less everything is free before, there isn't really any reason to pay money until 80 (unless you want Turan xpac at 50-55).