Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this normal or bugged?

I had two flying swords and a crossbow on my back and a crossbow stuck in my hand, the other night! Behold the power of Xotli.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

ohhh nooo keyboard turner on horizon ...

yes ofc its like that since always - get use to it with diferent armors sets it can look a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    All classes have floating weapons (I didn't see any straps or scabbards) - HoX is the only class where it floats further away from the body.
    IIRC it can also happen to a necro with the feated lich form. It seems to be caused by polymorphing abilities in general.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

yes ofc its like that since always - get use to it with diferent armors sets it can look a bit better
    lolwat? I dont use the keyboard to turn XD Silly person.

Anyway, crossbow sword? I have better than that!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...99B5F92780B6B/

beware teh SHOVELBOW

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    IIRC it can also happen to a necro with the feated lich form. It seems to be caused by polymorphing abilities in general.
    I know stuff glitch all the time not only for HoXen, but even in the "proper state" our weapons float in the air, because there's nothing to hold them (no straps, scabbards etc.).

It's like that in most games, people got used to it, but it's nonsense. It's extremely rare to see weapons properly attached to character - from latest games I can think only about Skyrim and Max Payne 3.

In Skyrim (if you put the weapon in right hand) a scabbard/ring shows strapped to your belt that holds your weapon. Shields are always carried in hand, they dropped the ball on 2h weapons though...

In Max Payne 3 all weapons are holstered/carried in hands all the time. You can carry 2x1h weapons and a shotgun only if the former are holstered - when you take both out, you drop the shotgun. It doesn't magically stick to your back etc. They made extra animations to show how you change a pistol mag while holding a rifle under your arm etc.

/nerdrage

All classes have floating weapons (I didn't see any straps or scabbards) - HoX is the only class where it floats further away from the body.
    Necro also has this problem. Classes which can make "transform" aka PATAMON SHINKAAAAAAAA

I know stuff glitch all the time not only for HoXen, but even in the "proper state" our weapons float in the air, because there's nothing to hold them (no straps, scabbards etc.).

It's like that in most games, people got used to it, but it's nonsense. It's extremely rare to see weapons properly attached to character - from latest games I can think only about Skyrim and Max Payne 3.

In Skyrim (if you put the weapon in right hand) a scabbard/ring shows strapped to your belt that holds your weapon. Shields are always carried in hand, they dropped the ball on 2h weapons though...

In Max Payne 3 all weapons are holstered/carried in hands all the time. You can carry 2x1h weapons and a shotgun only if the former are holstered - when you take both out, you drop the shotgun. It doesn't magically stick to your back etc. They made extra animations to show how you change a pistol mag while holding a rifle under your arm etc.

/nerdrage
    I think everyone knows its common, especially in MMOs. HAving played (literally) just about every single MMO since 1998, I know as well. However this game is a bit on the deep end of it, come on, thats like a foot of my back.

that said, this game has some hilarious graphical glitches XD

YOU PLAY WITH FIRE, YOU GET BURNED!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...A6F151B9DA64A/
    Last edited by Duskwood0585; 7th June 2013 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    I think everyone knows its common, especially in MMOs. HAving played (literally) just about every single MMO since 1998, I know as well. However this game is a bit on the deep end of it, come on, thats like a foot of my back.
    Nothing has changed since late 90s 3D boom. Funny how gfx quality has changed since then, while such hamfisted simplification still prevails...

I'm wondering if devs even know that you need something to fix your weapon when you don't carry it in your hand. You know, already a new generation grew up since the 3dfx days...

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    YOU PLAY WITH FIRE, YOU GET BURNED!
    Perma ice-jizz texture is also hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post

How can you look at that ui setup and think he was keyboard turner?

Fun fact, early AoC (pre-alpha) had scabbards but they were scrapped
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast