Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gear at level 80

Default Gear at level 80

Hey just wondering what would a fresh 80 do for good gear besides raids/dungeons would you do faction quests?

There is a long answer i am sure but... yes, that and crafting.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

in terms of accesibility to power ratio faction armor, even blue pices, are currently best for fresh lvl 80.

You can also keep checking the trader for cheap blue items.

Solo unchained dungeons also can drop some decent blue accesories and weapons (not to mention rare tokens).
    Retired

The short answer would be faction blues. You can get these by doing quests for a faction and then buying the gear with Marks of acclaims and gold. Another way would to find a 6-man group and grind some easy 6-mans like warmonks.

Literally each boss takes maybe 10 mins and drops 4-5 blues and a epic piece plus rares.

For rings I would either buy 2x dreamer Keepsake's for casters or 2x energentic bands for melee. The turan solo dungeon also drops okay blue rings.

For necklace either the 80 destiny quest necklace or the khitai solo dungeon one.

For cape try to get a house of crom/vile navitity run going, its really easy and it gets you one of the best cloaks

GL op!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    The short answer would be faction blues. You can get these by doing quests for a faction and then buying the gear with Marks of acclaims and gold. Another way would to find a 6-man group and grind some easy 6-mans like warmonks.

Literally each boss takes maybe 10 mins and drops 4-5 blues and a epic piece plus rares.

For rings I would either buy 2x dreamer Keepsake's for casters or 2x energentic bands for melee. The turan solo dungeon also drops okay blue rings.

For necklace either the 80 destiny quest necklace or the khitai solo dungeon one.

For cape try to get a house of crom/vile navitity run going, its really easy and it gets you one of the best cloaks

GL op!
    10 minutes maybe on a group who's being lead by an experienced leader with explanainamatory skills and healer/rogue maybe who can do the essentials; yeah, no worries. With all the fresh meat around, they're going to need patient helper's and it's going to take time in those 6mans without the gear to dipsy it out.

And that's where you learn to do the dungeons; when you lack you have to improvise and learn wtf's actually goin' on.

First do your T1/T2 raiding quests for a starter weapon, you might even get lucky and get actual armor drops. But don't bother repeating raids for more drops. If you see any cheap lv80 blue armors on trader buy them. Then go to Khitai and start on factions and normal runs. Don't do hardmodes until you're at least able to play your class well in groups, groups can explain you what to do against bosses but can't explain how to play.

House of Crom's outer part is also extremely fast and easy and can always be done if you have a good tank but avoid the inner part.

So is the khiti blue gear better than t1,t2,t3? Why are so many guilds running the t1-t3 raids every night?
    J

Quote Originally Posted by Midus View Post
    So is the khiti blue gear better than t1,t2,t3? Why are so many guilds running the t1-t3 raids every night?
    J
    Haha not exactly, Khitai blues can be comparable to T1 I guess. Though the blues have certain stats that are useful for khitai and pvp namely critigation. The reason everyone is suggesting khitai blues is they are probably the gear with the best stat to aaccessibility ratio. You can literally have multiple pieces with maybe your first hour or two in khitai
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Depends on class, maybe. For HoXes, for example, I'd suggest doing dungeons in Brittle Blade blues over full T1-T2 epics any day of the week and twice on Tuesday. The only reason to go to T1-T2 is to play on the parser and maybe soak up a early epic weapon. (EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to derail the conversation into debating raids. Just illustrating that faction blues are fantastic in general, never mind for the OP who is specifically looking for raid/dungeon alternatives.)
    Last edited by Prima; 6th June 2013 at 18:31.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Other reasons to do T1, T2 raids are to learn group mechanics and to forge friendships.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast