Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to find the right class for me

If you make good groups, the Necro has highest single target dps when pets get group buffs. When soloing, not so sure. Demo spells are faster (read: instant).

Okay well to keep everyone up to date, in case you actually are interested. I have the four suggested classes now.

Tempest I did not like at all.
    Priest of Mitra is a lot of fun and I am really liking it.
    Necromancer did not like, but again I think it is my dislike of pet classes.
    Demonologist was okay, and will likely be a second character for me at some point.

By far I enjoy the POM. Not really sure why it appeals to me so much but I love the damage, I love the heals. Just all around a good fit for me.

Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions and the info, it was all very much appreciated.

Between TOS and POM, which is going to have the better dps? I dislike playing a healing class in general but they are magic classes and I would like to give them a better try. I got my POM to like level 15 but then went to play my Demo and have been playing it pretty seriously. With only one other character slot I am not sure which to go with, TOS or POM.

Or should I even bother? I really don't want to be a healer, or be responsible for others in that way. In groups will I be expected to heal or can I get in groups as a damage dealer as either of those two classes? Should I just stick with my demo?

As healer in AoC, you will be casting your main heal (what we call the blue heal) for self buffing and dps purpose.

Being ToS, BS or PoM, your team mates will be healed by your regular dps rotation no matter what, so the only thing they'll really expect from you is decent dps.

But if you hesitate between tos and pom, i would say, go ToS.
    Both are heavy nukers, but i feel it easier to deal massive damages as a tos, the class being a bit less gear dependent, and with many sources of damages output, which helps a lot in most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    As healer in AoC, you will be casting your main heal (what we call the blue heal) for self buffing and dps purpose.

Being ToS, BS or PoM, your team mates will be healed by your regular dps rotation no matter what, so the only thing they'll really expect from you is decent dps.

But if you hesitate between tos and pom, i would say, go ToS.
    Both are heavy nukers, but i feel it easier to deal massive damages as a tos, the class being a bit less gear dependent, and with many sources of damages output, which helps a lot in most fights.
    My main heal is used for dps? My team mates will be healed by my regular dps rotation? I don't think I understand those statements, but I will give ToS a go anyway....thanks for the suggestion, info and overall opinion. I appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by khazadhum View Post
    My main heal is used for dps?
    It can either give DPS buff (e.g. BS heal that trigger +% weapon damage) or even deal damage by itself (E.g. Triumphant Life of Set for ToS). So yeah, basically your heal also can be used for DPS.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 13th June 2013 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by khazadhum View Post
    Between TOS and POM, which is going to have the better dps? I dislike playing a healing class in general but they are magic classes and I would like to give them a better try. I got my POM to like level 15 but then went to play my Demo and have been playing it pretty seriously. With only one other character slot I am not sure which to go with, TOS or POM.

Or should I even bother? I really don't want to be a healer, or be responsible for others in that way. In groups will I be expected to heal or can I get in groups as a damage dealer as either of those two classes? Should I just stick with my demo?
    As a low level toon, your POM will outshine your TOS. Once you hit level 60+ it's far easier to do higher dps with your TOS and healing in this game is not hard.
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

As Jaed pointed out, every healer get something from his blue heal on top of the regular heal over time.
    As pom, you can get a buff with 5 stacks that decreases over time, this buffs gives you a bonus on your holy damages.
    As ToS, you can get your blue heal to be a frontal cone aoe dealing electrical damages.

So basically, you don't spam your blue heal for the sake of it, you use it according to the buffs you get from it to maximize your damage output.

For instance, if you're a bs and you see your weapon damage bonus has 1 second left, you'll cast your blue heal again to refresh that buff.
    When you do so, you just make sure you're well positioned so your team mates also benefit your blue heal.

There are moments when you have to cast your blue heal several times in a row, but it's only when you have your team mates running around and scattered, needing to be healed but unable to stand still, whatever the reason, which happens mainly in pvp.

All in all, healing in AoC provides much more to you and your team mates than just HP regeneration.

Also to clarify

ToS is best for aoe? PoM is single target?

Necro is single target and Demo is aoe?

ToS is much more aoe oriented than PoM indeed, which does not mean PoM is inadequate when facing 3-4 targets bunched up.

About demo and necro, they can both be single target or large AoE oriented, depending on specc and also for the necro pets used.

Basically, all the casters in the game can focus on either single target or multiple targets dps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12