Thread: Need some serious advice

Default Need some serious advice

Hi fellas, I have some questions about my barb, who has gone a bit rusty, and my knowledge about the game along with him. I used to play in 2009, got my 80, then stopped. Now, I can't remember almost anything about barb builds, so a little help would be nice. First of all, I haven't even finished my destiny quest, and when I got in the chamber, they made a mess out of me. Tried with various reaver/zerker thingies - without much luck. My gear is crap, but I've read here on the forums, that the barb doesn't really need that much gear to pull decent dps. What spec should I use ? And should I use 2-handed, or main + off-hand ? Should I swap them in battle, so that I would get the most of both ? Should I change stances ?
    I'd like to join some dungeons for phat lewt, but I'm afraid I'll just fail big time and get kicked for 0 dps

halp

First of all...to do most dps u need to go dual wield.
    And yes u can do good dps without great gear, but watch ur ass lol
    And your not supposed to swap during battle, the your combos will get all messed up. Go dual with reaver and stick to it.

Second..the destiny quest, its actually become alot easier than it used to. When you get down there make sure you get the buffs from the coffins at all times, you get one from each one by clicking them. Good thing now is if you die you dont have to start over, but make sure the buffs r running.
    For killing mops in there, try pull em into the alcoves a few at a time.

Try get into some groups and stuff to get exp...join a guild usually helps also to get some advice.

GL ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    And yes u can do good dps without great gear, but watch ur ass lol
    And your not supposed to swap during battle, the your combos will get all messed up. Go dual with reaver and stick to it.
    GL ;-)
    Well I don't feel it's always entirely true, especially if we speak about Destiny quest, which is solo. You can be mostly reaver specc'd and still be hybrid enough to have nice CC. If so, you probably want to switch from time to time to 2H to CC the target (and if you want, to gain some buff, apply some debuff and well, hit with butcher the unshielded side of the mob if you think it's for the best. Why not, even if you might want to do something else in the mean time.)

You definitely want CC in solo.

a very simple tip to kill everything in your path no matter the gear (swapping weapons is required at least once and you better have some stuff keybinded, or else this tip wont help you):

1- feat your reaver tree in a way you get the bottom ability DANCE OF DEATH
    2- feat your berserker tree in a way to get the EARTH SHATTER combo
    3- with your 2-handed weapon equipped attack a group and hit them with the combo EARTH SHATTER to stun everyone (make sure they are all close to you), then swap weapons, activate the DANCE OF DEATH ability, and hit them with the WRECK ARMOR combos in the order of I,II,III
    4- after that they are either all dead or with healths below 10%, and your personal health is around 75% (or more - gear will determine this part), kill them the way you prefer

also you still have the CLOBBER and STUNNING PUNCH combos to CC them just in case you need (useful against bosses) and PREDATORY INSTINCTS to evade if you feated it in the reaver tree, and play with BLOOD RAGE stance to be easier (reaver stance kills faster but its harder and requires practice - gets better with AA stuf)

simply saying: EARTH SHATTER, DANCE OF DEATH, WRECK ARMOR COMBOS

this BUILD requires practice and swapping weapons a lot but MORE IMPORTANT keybinds for abilities/combos, so if you dont have keybinds i dont recommend it

swapping weapons is what lets me kill +5 melee adds (except KK crater) at the same time without dying
    Last edited by PutchPT; 7th June 2013 at 01:39.

Can you explain exactly what gets messed up please?

Quote Originally Posted by monk4y View Post
    Can you explain exactly what gets messed up please?

probally someone who switches weapon b4 he finishes his other weapon combo. =D Someone giving a Barb the advice not to weaponswitch its kinda hilarious imo and it neglets a fun part of the barb.

Quote Originally Posted by Skant View Post
    probally someone who switches weapon b4 he finishes his other weapon combo. =D Someone giving a Barb the advice not to weaponswitch its kinda hilarious imo and it neglets a fun part of the barb.
    another reason might be because he is not a keybinded player, which makes switching weapons and doing combos much harder