Thread: Returning Player with Altitis

Default Returning Player with Altitis

Please help! I've got it down to two classes...DT and Conq...
    I like both playstyles and just want to know a couple of things so I can get to 80 and enjoy that part of the game as well as the beginning.
    1. Which class is more "Dynamic" in its ability to deal with situations? I don't want a one trick pony up at high level. Does either have CC or better self heals?
    2. Does either one have a strict rotation for either tanking or dps? A "yes" answer here is not desired...
    3. Are both equally dependent on armor and gear to do their respective roles?

Thanks in advance for any advice ya'll might give...

1) Both can be either play as DPS, or Tank. DT self heal can be rather impressive with the health tap, but with the Battlefield Commander, the Conq self heal isn't ridiculous either. Also, if you go Brute, Overcome The Odds can fully restore your heal in some situation. On the Other hand, it's pretty much the same with Blood Pact for the DT. I still would give the point to DT but heh, both have enough survivability. Other self heal like Defiance or Martyr are less relevant in this discussion. DT might have less CC, unless you feat them all maybe. Conq have a "native" fear, a "native" KB and very nice CC feat (like the always poweful Burst of Agression) rather low in the feat tree. DT have a native stun and can grab in addition a fear and a very cool AoE Stun, but you have to go very high in the feats tree. (And also can have Dark Burden, which is 60% hinder movement, mostly useful in PvP I guess)

However, both can do fine in all situation, and you can go full dps like a angry monkey in a blink of an eye and then go tank mode 5 minute after without a problem.

2) Well, strict isn't exactly the word, but even if some people will tell you it's just faceroll dps, you can't spam tortage combo and hope for the top of the parser. It's mostly just common sense.

3) I would say that DT rely a bit more on gear (and AA !) since like 99% of the DT play with Void of Madness, which require crit rating. It rely on it both for the DPS, and also for the tanking, since the DT hate/aggro is DPS-based.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 4th June 2013 at 04:53.

It should also be added that Conqs have their in-combat rez. Many K6 would have gone astray without that

Quote Originally Posted by valarouko View Post
    1. Which class is more "Dynamic" in its ability to deal with situations? I don't want a one trick pony up at high level. Does either have CC or better self heals?
    Both conq and dt stand on equal ground there.
    They can have awesome cc, i for one love that dt aoe stun, it's sick.
    They both got means to heal themselves to full health easily.
    They can both be heavy tanks able to deal with any encounter in the game and yet specc for pure dps and top the parse.

Still, i would say the conq is better, because as said it relies much much less on gear and AA than dt.
    And dt is a one poney trick, basically it's all about getting that AA feat void of madness and stack as much crit rating, crit dmgs rating as possible.
    So yea, +1 to the conq, definitely.

2. Does either one have a strict rotation for either tanking or dps? A "yes" answer here is not desired...
    For tanking, none of them have a strict rotation, there are combo you have to do in order to keep some buffs up, but it's all about the target's shields, so it's very situationnal.
    For dps though, both stick to one combo rotation, but for most dps it' s the case.
    Yet, dt will spam mainly 2 ranks of blood for aid, all the time, with maybe a sould for our feast depending on specc (plus hexes, but they're not combo and can just as well be put on a macro), while conq will spam bloodbath, breach, whirlwind and bloody hack.
    I for one find both very boring to play as dps, it's just brainless rince and repeat.

3. Are both equally dependent on armor and gear to do their respective roles?
    As said, dt is heavily dependent on gear and AA, for both dps and tanking. Which does not mean you can't fill any of those roles with a fresh character, but that in order to reach your potential, you'll need a lot of time and dedication to the character.
    Conq on the other hand is like a barb for pure dps, he can do very well in green gear. And for tanking, 2 bubbles make things very easy, plus again, you need less gear to pull decent dps and thus generate good aggro.

At the end of the day, a fresh conq will be much easier to play and to perform with than a dt, on both dps and tanking duties.

In end game, for pure dps, dts will have a bit harder time since he does not have access to any minus hate abilities, so he'll often pull aggro and die, while the conq can have decent aggro minus so he'll be able to dps a bit more safely.
    For tanking, it's very situational, if you have to turtle down and thus cannot use very aggressive gear, then a dt will have a harder time aggro wise than conq. But if the dt can go full aggressive gear, then he'll be much more powerful, in both surviving and aggro generation.
    Last edited by Mellaus; 4th June 2013 at 07:30.