Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A chance of more players?

Default A chance of more players?

I know the server merge is happening soon (or did it already?) but beyond that do you think there is a chance of players returning or new players joining the game?

There's a few minis going off which are absolutely no fun for me seeing as I die INSTANTLY (few AA's and noob gear).

I remember when I played 2 maybe 3 years ago it was a CONSTANT battle, sure there were gank squads roaming the zones but I could avoid them and find 1 on 1 combat at most times if I desired... It was a blast. Every zone had at LEAST 10-20 players.. I'm lucky if I even see 5 in the most popular zones now.. Is this just my opinion or what? Am I missing something? I spend most time in NG.

What eventually made me leave the game was just after the expansion (I paid for it and never even played it. Was that 2 years ago? I feel like it was). I didn't have a chance to catch up and before I knew it everyone had better gear than me and this as well as PvP levels made it unbearable for me to play. It's like that now pretty much but for some reason I have a desire to see past that and continue grinding for better gear and AA's.. Which I like. I like having a goal to work towards BUT if there was ANY way to balance this out in pvp that would be tremendously helpful.. I want to PvP badly but it just isn't any fun when I get absolutely WRECKED.

A similar instance occurred even earlier in the game which made me quit the FIRST time - horrible game balance and GEMS with absurd stats... other players quickly got the advantage on me and I was completely hopeless in pvp from then on.

Now however the game is better balanced and contains a wealth of content to keep players entertained for a long time but no one is playing it, so all that becomes pointless.

My question is do you think there will be a return of players or am I better off wasting my time somewhere else?
    I really hope funcom does whatever they can to improve the game because in my opinion it's the best mmo out there...

There's going to be more MMO's coming out soon which will take away even more of the potential player base (Elderscrolls online for example)... Which I myself would move to BUT there's a great chance they will fail just as miserably if not even worse than AOC so my time is better spent here... assuming people return/join and it's actually worth it.

Best you can do is to play and find your own answere.everyone views things dif then the next guy.if the way the game is now suits you then you will stay.dont rly matter what the next guy says.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

This is true. I'd just like to find out if there are more like-minded players who are willing to see Conan through. If there are not then it diminishes my hope of continuing to play.

Right now the game is "fun" but only in the sense that I am working towards an ultimate goal. Grinding to get gear and AA's so I can participate in end-game content. Raids, PvP, etc..That's when the game becomes really FUN.

The goal becomes pointless however if there is no hope for a future within this game. I'm just looking to get more opinions on the subject and an idea of whether or not Funcom plans on continuing this game and HOPEFULLY continuing to improve it!

Thanks for the input.

merge didnt happen yet, unchained pvp is around the corner. everyone will have the same gear

I like the idea of balancing gear in PvP, I just hope there will be rewards for people who are GOOD at PvP..

Quote Originally Posted by Partywizard View Post
    I like the idea of balancing gear in PvP, I just hope there will be rewards for people who are GOOD at PvP..
    I'm sure there will be, let's hope it's only vanity

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    true, but in saying that, they need to nerf t4 gear in pvp as its way too strong vs pvp gear.

pvp gear should be the best for pvp full stop. not t4 raid stuff lol

If u want gear to be on par, u need buff non-soldiers pvp gear, thats it. Tanks gear is quite nice, besides weapons ofc, but most pvp weapons need solid re-tweak in stats.

Nowdays its quite okai pvp balance between gear if we take as example soldiers/priests t3 pvp and mages/rogues t4 pve.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    ^
    ^

listen to the genius

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    merge didnt happen yet, unchained pvp is around the corner. everyone will have the same gear
    So far only in one seperate queue and only for minis. This will not solve the problem and be just a test ground for evaluation like the b&g servers.

Only a true seperation of stats (like making only pvp stats work in pvp, to fix the "pvp progress through pve" problem you even have on b&g), more variety of gear choice (not the linear advancement and as alternative to the pve grind), some pvp feat tree (to allow for more variety and flexibilty and to counter the linear advancement in AA) and a situation bound, self-regulating renown system (to counter abusive gameplay and focus of weak targets only) will fix what is wrong with pvp nowadays in aoc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast