Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is the Khitai grind?

Default How is the Khitai grind?

So I just recently got my DT to 80 and decided I'd level up his Armorsmithing so that Khitai wouldn't immediately kick my ass.

That said, I remember from when the expansion first came out that the faction grind was absolutely awful, but I've heard it's gotten better.
    My question is just how much better? Months turned to weeks?

Thanks

Well in one week you are full khitai blue.

Depending on how active you are you can do a faction in few days. If you realy play the game there isn't realy any grind left in khitai.

MoA reward have been greatly increased, but also the cooldown for the quest, I think.

So it do feels "less grindy", because you will have to repeat the same quest less time than before. However, if you were the kind of guy to mindlessly grind for hours, you might feel that it doesn't especially take less time to become rank 4 of faction. (because of the cooldown)

But personally I find it more enjoyable, and quick enough. However, certain faction are really easy to grind (Wolves, Hyrkanian) because quests are easy, all located in the same place (which is also the easy place of the khitai to grind) and the rewards are more important.

I think half of it was the faction rank grind and the other half was getting enough tokens to actually purchase the gear you unlocked.

Is a week for full blues really possible now? That kind of blows my mind. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    I think half of it was the faction rank grind and the other half was getting enough tokens to actually purchase the gear you unlocked.

Is a week for full blues really possible now? That kind of blows my mind. :P
    Yes i have full blue of tiger.

One week to do it ( but you need farm consideration mark of other faction too )

And do dungeon too but this is so fast.

Advancing ranks also gives you blue reward items (belt, wrist etc) so you don't need to buy everything.

you can get full blue BB VERY quickly. Couple days really.

If you'll join all factions, you can get blue faction pants in about 1h. IIRC you'll get MoAs faster than rank and gold, so you'll have to run some insignia quests or HMs to not get stuck. Also - start doing solo dungeons ASAP for rares.

Keep in mind that you'll get a free armor piece if you gain new rank (excluding Wolves, Tigers, Hyrkanians and Scholars).

Training armorsmith is nonsense:

1) blue faction gear is comparable to the best crafted armor

2) it takes a lot of time, effort and luck to be able to craft the best blue armours

3) chances are you'll drop better (epic) armour on the first day you'll start doing HMs

4) crafting will be wiped and you may not be reimbursed properly when new system will go live
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 3rd June 2013 at 10:44.

It has not changed much. Yes, you can do solo dungeons for rares but to purchase faction epics you need lots of them. Combine factions quests and HMs, do solo dungeons and grind for rares (Adashir Fort in Turan gives 10+ rares in 30 min. with a decent group).

I remember lively the KK grind for epic pants doing Yag again and again.... Luckily there is an alternative for epic pants: Ai District.

And, as it has been said already, forget crafting. It's hard to grind for nice recipes and what you can craft is, in general, not better than the Khitai gear. More important, with the upcoming changes of the crafting system all you efforts will be in vain.

Cheers Euklid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast