Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Folks - lets partaaay!

I don't think there is a high enough sub 80 population to actually do things properly. Like right now, I'm a very casual player and my conqueror is still 17. By the time I get high enough for Black Castle, you probably will be way beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    well after spending over 5 hours looking for a black castle group and having the rest of the group just have an 80 run them through
    That'll sadly happen a lot. Brand new players rarely group as a rule and old players don't do low level grouping. And some people believe it's a good thing to burn through low dungeons for actual new players and are mad.

yea, ive just been rocketing ahead on my hox who is 40, but its honestly starting to get very boring playing alone I can see why so many people dont stick with the game.

That said I am still going to try to stick it out. I really hope those server merges happen soon.

Welp I cant do it

Thanks for the fun in global chat, but I cant log onto an MMO and never have anyone to play with.

It was fun ! I'll check back after the merges, for now back to TERA.

* Black Castle - Too hard, too long, rewards is not good enough and you outlevel them extremely fast = no groups

* Sanctum Of The Burning Souls - Good loot, pretty easy and doesn't take too long = some groups

* Toirdealbach's Tomb - Too hard, doesn't take all that much time if you actually manage to get through, rarely any groups

* Cradle Of Decay - easy enough, but not much loot, rarely any groups
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

Thumbs up the proof is all around us, new player retention issue number one

Welp I cant do it

Thanks for the fun in global chat, but I cant log onto an MMO and never have anyone to play with.

It was fun ! I'll check back after the merges, for now back to TERA.

As I have said 1000 times before REASON NUMBER ONE new players quit this game is no LFG sytem.

I dont know why Funcom is so fear-ful of adding a full featured LFG system to Conan to allow this game to keep subs instead of bleed them... The game will GROW huge because THE GAME IS FUN!
    Conan is SUPER FUN TO PLAY but without a LFG system in game to form up groups with, like the masterwork LFG system shown in this linked pic & post below. The Conan game is never growing, only exhausts players without an LFG system. Dosnt matter how many new players come via steam or ads they all seem to quit do to new player retention issues stemming from lack of LFG in game.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...LFG_system.jpg

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=232902

FUNCOM stop being fearful of players completeing the game to quick with an ingame LFG system because your game is FUN and players will enjoy the game more and stay MUCH longer if they could form groups easier instead of with a nightmarish chat channel.

How many times do you need players telling you the same thing.
    How many years of server merges do you need to see LFG is what will save the game NOT SERVER MERGES.

please listen to a 15 year veteran of MMO's who knows his stuff when it comes to guilds, leadership, and how good a game Conan really is if only we could form groups in a quick fun way instead of the life draining nightmare that grouping currently is while dealing with global tiny-chat-insanity that would make any sane person quit sooner then later.

yea, ive just been rocketing ahead on my hox who is 40, but its honestly starting to get very boring playing alone I can see why so many people dont stick with the game.

That said I am still going to try to stick it out. I really hope those server merges happen soon.
    Im not sure how much longer you need to see my posts telling you that this games limping history is proof that - its better to have LFG and let players join up quicker and make it to 80 then to allow them to quit before EVER reaching 80 in new player despair. The game IS A FUN PARTY TIME when groups flow and would have gained subs instead of slowly wither away because of lack of LFG. THE GAME IS FUN! Have confidence in your game this game has tremendous re-play value - just not without an easy way to LFG, because no one is going to bother unless its easier to form up. You already see that in my linked post and in the 1000's of other lost new players who quit because of grouping issues posts scattered around & lost to time.

LFG is key to fun party life, global chat is key to a slow lingering vomit inducing death akin to ancient smoke signals used by indians in an age when everyone is used to instant access smart phones to get things done. NO ONE IS GOING TO make a successful MMO EVER AGAIN without a full featured LFG system IN-GAME ever again.
    One new title is even going as far as adding a start up servey for players to take so they can be sorted together by personality & taste to even further aid in grouping up longer term & better guild formation all in game to try to prevent what is currently happening to this once upon a time million+ box seller & still great game - Age of Conan.

signed,
    NinjaClaw 15 year veteran of MMO's & 5 year conan vet.

p.s.
    Old LFG MEGA POST with pics thatll be deleted on july 2 do to forum merges. Read it if you are a new player who wonders why in this day and age Funcom makes Global chat the only way to form groups in Conan & let such a great game limp along because of this glaring oversight & drop a reply here if you agree or something to add. Ill check in from time to time to discuss further if youd like aswell. =)
    Funcom just needs help to see how fun their Conan game really is to make LFG happen instead of fearing it.
    http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=232902
    Last edited by NinjaClaw; 19th July 2013 at 13:55. Reason: done editing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12