Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Class diversity - within itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    I like the idea of fighting people face to face with a big sword and being able to set them on fire

But the hox forum is full of hate for the class. Saying it has worst surviability, etc etc.

Conq forums seem to like their class.

But I read in a dev post that mages are getting redone starting with hox?

dunno when tho

I probably shouldnt read the forums so much, so much negativity. But my friend is trying to install the game on a super slow barracks internet connection and I have nothing to do while I wait XD
    Ignore the haters. Those comments are mostly related to PVP.

Hox is one of the most unique classes ever created for an MMO. You get two self-rezzes as way. One (The AA that gives you also the biggest boost to damage as well as survivability "Red Shadows") is on a 10 minutes cd.

Stick with the hox. Hox can dish out amazing amounts of damage. The learning curve is just a bit higher than most other classes. But since you want to feat the instant Hellfire Bretah + the stun from the morph I see you have the most important feats alreay covered.

You will be switching around and experimenting with builds sooner or later anyway. So play what feels most natural to you. Have fun and welcome to the game.

There is class diversity indeed. Obviously there will always be min maxed "best" builds for special purposes.

But really, for all purposes save t3,5 & t4 (and maybe certain t3 fights as well), you can experiment a lot. Especially the hox!

And again, as has been said. Don't listen to whine. HoX is unique and FUN. Just because conqs are OP doesn't mean any others are outright bad.
    With fond memories of Corinthia RP-PvP...

However everyone I've mentioned this to tells me I cant do it, thats not how you play. That I have to spec possesion / general or avatar / posession. And theres certain AA I have to take!
    play has you like most, simple as that no matter what others say, if you play well the way you play, and enjoy yourself why change and spoil the fun because others say so!?? unless, in group fights, you are the reason of failing, in that case you have to change either your feats or your way of playing

anyway, while soloing you can try and check these:
    1- are you dying a lot and not killing anything?? feat some survival stuff until you see its more balanced (against pve mobs any CC tools means survival also)
    2- you are surviving pretty well but take too long to kill others!? so, easy answer, feat more damage somewhere
    for group stuff, you should at least feat stuff to balance yourself to inflict damage, avoiding aggro (hate decrease in general tree) and some abilities that provide you benefits like damage burst but also and very important the ones that give group buffs

you will learn by exploring the class, you can always reset the feat points you used and try different build to understand how everything works and see what you like most

i personally love to have the breath feat to be instant cast, why!? because while you start building up a combo you can use the breath between the combo hits, it doesn't interrupt the combo itself and its fast enough not to miss the next combo trigger
    Last edited by PutchPT; 2nd June 2013 at 00:15.

They're dumb, don't listen to them. Hox is best class so stick with it. Also only thing you really must have is instant firebreath, even horrible visage and red shadows are optional (also optimal but don't mind that).

Also survivability is for wusses. Real hoxes stand back up.

First: The "glas" maybe isn't quite in balance with the "canon" but it isn't as bad as people claim.
    While leveling the HoX you will die probably die more than soldiers, but hey thats "canned meat"
    But if you have a decent rotation on combo's and spells you will kill stuff much faster .... so you should be okay.

Almost all feat-specs are okay as long as they fit your playstyle. Its just that the general tree is more to de benefit of caster mages.
    This means it is most beneficial for HoXes when combined with a Possesion heavy-spec.
    No feats are really "must have" but, like Putch already said, using the first five featpoints to make your Hellfirebreath instant cast is considerd smart feating.

When you reach lvl 80 and have Khitai acces you can improve your survivability by going for gear from the Wolves-faction.
    Downside to joining this faction is the fact that their opponents (Hyrkanians) can sell you one of the best HoX-swords in the game.
    The better dps gear you can get from the Brittle Blade faction.

Also join some T1/T2/T3 pugraids that can give you some decent alround epic armor and weapons. (Even from quests: searing_sword)

Edit: You can take a free lvl when you have 1 toon at lvl 50, but ..... I advice against it.
    Only exception: if you want a second toon in a class that you already have levelled to lvl 80, so you know that class already.
    I have made 1 lvl 50 .... but I learned the hard way that a PoM is not a HoX or Conq. I never felt comfortable playing it.
    Last edited by HaremBunny; 2nd June 2013 at 15:34.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    Edit: You can take a free lvl when you have 1 toon at lvl 50, but ..... I advice against it.
    Only exception: if you want a second toon in a class that you already have levelled to lvl 80, so you know that class already.
    I have made 1 lvl 50 .... but I learned the hard way that a PoM is not a HoX or Conq. I never felt comfortable playing it.
    Depends on how much you play and how many decent players of that class are in your guild or friends list. After levelling and playing a necro, I burned my free 50 on a demo. Similar play styles and it was always just an alt.

I think the first 50 levels are a waste. My first character was a PoM and when I started raiding, some of the feats were ones that had negligible use in levelling.

Don't fear a free 50.

Also - HoX was my first character that I loved PvPing with.

oh I dont gear the free 50 :P Its just in conan lore I love stygians! and they cant be ...any soldier O_o which I dont get, there are definately stygian soldiers.

So I dunno what I make my free 50.

oh I dont gear the free 50 :P Its just in conan lore I love stygians! and they cant be ...any soldier O_o which I dont get, there are definately stygian soldiers.

stygian are mages so the tank for them is the DT (hybrid tank with mana for magical stuff), each race has a number of specific classes

Roll another HoX.
    Thank the community later.

IA IA! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    stygian are mages so the tank for them is the DT (hybrid tank with mana for magical stuff), each race has a number of specific classes
    Oh I fully understand the game mechanics of it. However in the lore, there were plenty of stygian soldiers. And not DTs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast