Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eu server move benefits for EU players

Default Eu server move benefits for EU players

The thread discussing the new maintenance shutdown for primetime EU was closed. [edited for questioning moderation - Drest]

The point made by the moderator that someone will always be inconvenienced by downtime seems legitimate if the pain is shared. If the pain is to be always born by the EU player base then surely there is a legitimate issue for the EU player base?

From the EU players perspective we have 100ms extra latency and now we seem to have a prime time maintenance window issue.

Could we get some word from Funcom - are all maintenance windows in future at the convenenience of the Funcom US staff and the inconvenience of the EU player base? Or is this a one-off?

Seems we deserve to be told!
    Last edited by Drest; 30th May 2013 at 17:40.

I agree With OP. Majority of the playerbase is EU based, afaik? Not that I mind the US guys having downtime during work/sleep, just a shame it affects me ;p

The other thread was discussing whether or not the announcements for "Server down" had come. It hadn't, and won't since it will be announced when the servers are up again.

That thread was answered with the reason to why and then closed.

If you want to discuss the feasibility of the downtime that is a different matter.

And to remind, moderation is never open for discussion.

Regards

Drest
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I think it was a fairly legitimate question about if EU servers will get the pain of having server maintenance in their primetime or not. Not if the mod did his job or if the moderating was up for debate

yeah right...

next we'll see you guys asking Funcom to artificially increase latency for NA players.

Also comes to mind:
    Once upon a time Game Director asked EU player: I would love to do something for you – ask all you want. But note - NA player will get twice of what you get because he is smaller.
    After some consideration EU player replied: Gouge out one of my eyes.

I'm looking forward to the server merge, Vedmed. More population = more fun. Its still a legitimate question the OP asks, though. Isn't it?

I would like to know if we can expect future maintenance windows to be similar times (primetime EU) from now on. I appreciate you do not know all future times but will a majority be at this time? Or all? Or will you alternate the inconvenience between EU and US? Or will all future ones be US primetime? Or somewhere in between.

Some feedback to the player base would seem reasonable as this is potentially a big impact to the EU player base and an unexpected outcome from the server migration.

Default New Game Director <333

I wanted to say thank you Funcom,For the upcoming content and events.. New Game Director <3

"The US servers are available again."

what about EU ;>? Already merged ? ouch, cannot log in...
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by Radek87 View Post
    "The US servers are available again."

what about EU ;>? Already merged ? ouch, cannot log in...
    They probably decided they don't want the EU player-base anymore.It will accelerate the merge too !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast