Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnstats

Default Burnstats

Burnstats is a new damage/healing parser for Age of Conan Unchained. While it might not do much new things it does wrap up the most important functionality of any dps parser into a neat program that is easy to use. Burnstats is written in C# and it requires .net framework to work.

Supported languages:
    - english only

Features:
    - separates different encounters based on idle duration between them (adjustable)
    - keeps track of damage done, dps, healing done, hps, biggest single hits, deaths, time in combat
    - graphical user interface that lets you see the results quickly
    - results can be shared in game in public channels (guild, group, raid) or in tell messages
    - results can be shared (and easily stored in case you broke all the records!) in html-files
    - live tracking, recent activity visualized in a graph for those who really want to know what is happening in the heat of combat

If you give it a try please post a comment here and let me know what you like about it or what you hate about it. I made Burnstats for my own personal use (and in that it gets it's job done at the moment) but since I decided to publish it I am welcoming both the positive and negative feedback in order to make it even better.

Latest version: 1.04 DOWNLOAD.
    Last edited by Conrath; 20th April 2017 at 04:17.

Was priviliged (or nagging to much maybe?) to give this a try some months ago and have used it ever since. Think its awesome in every way. Can really recommened it to anyone.
    Retired

I really like the html view. That is quite nice!

When in full screen (1920x1080), the damage window does not utilize the full frame on the right side like overview, healing and targets do. I guess it's just a small adjustment to make the damage window scale to the frame.

Game is down at the moment, but I am curious how the ingame script looks like. Got a screenshot of it?

My example log is from T4 containing a few runs at Sheng, a Basilisk and Imp kill. 26.1 megabytes and 429624 lines.

It parses the logs a lot slower (73 seconds) than Guildstats (4.96 seconds), though only slightly slower than ACT (66 seconds).

I normally use Guildstats for the average quick parse in game, and ACT when I need to analyze something.

Looks promising, but you still have some work to do :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark
    Was priviliged (or nagging to much maybe?) to give this a try some months ago and have used it ever since. Think its awesome in every way. Can really recommened it to anyone.
    Unless you have already downloaded the public beta version please make sure that you update to it as I fixed one pretty severe bug in the dps calculation. Thanks for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten
    When in full screen (1920x1080), the damage window does not utilize the full frame on the right side like overview, healing and targets do. I guess it's just a small adjustment to make the damage window scale to the frame.
    Oh nuts! I'll fix that for the official 1.0 version. Thanks for letting me know. I suppose that I forgot to check that everything is set correctly when I did some last minute rearranging of the tables on the last day before compiling the beta.

Game is down at the moment, but I am curious how the ingame script looks like. Got a screenshot of it?
    Unfortunately I don't have any screenshots from the in-game scripts.

As a side note the parser can make in-game reports about the selected encounter or about the selected player. The first one is the main thing most people should be interested at. Player report is pretty quickly done and can be pretty confusing to read (numbers are not in columns or anything, they're just separated by a single space). The player report is there just in case someone wants a quick look at what someone is doing. The html reports give the same data in much more readable form.

My example log is from T4 containing a few runs at Sheng, a Basilisk and Imp kill. 26.1 megabytes and 429624 lines.

It parses the logs a lot slower (73 seconds) than Guildstats (4.96 seconds), though only slightly slower than ACT (66 seconds).

I normally use Guildstats for the average quick parse in game, and ACT when I need to analyze something.
    I've never measured the parsing times between different parsers but your numbers seem to match my experiences. I might try to optimize the parsing speed at some point but it is not a high priority thing for me. (Until I manage to improve the parsing speed take full advantage out of the continue parsing -button during longer raids so you don't have to go through the whole logfile after each bossfight. )
    Nifie @CROM

The big question for me is what does it do that guildstats dont?

Also it would be good to see some screenshots.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Conrath View Post
    Supported languages:
    - english only
    Is this going to change ? Do you plan to add other language support ? If I'm not mistaken, the other parser dropped foreign language support a few times ago because of technical reason. It make things very inconvenient for us, people playing in an other language. I would be really glad to see working parser again

Anyway, keep up the good work.

I found out that the tell message reports are bugged. (I could work for Funcom!) Good thing I called the release a beta. Anyway... I've fixed that among a couple of other things and I'm planning on releasing the 1.00 version during this weekend. I'm not sure how long it takes time for Curse to approve the new version but it should be up in few days. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix
    The big question for me is what does it do that guildstats dont?

Also it would be good to see some screenshots.
    I think Guildstats does not generate reports in html-form. I would advise trying both (and Advanced Combat Tracker as well as it is very good parser) and then decide which one you find the best for you.

I did add some screenshots to curse so you should be able to see them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia
    Is this going to change ? Do you plan to add other language support ? If I'm not mistaken, the other parser dropped foreign language support a few times ago because of technical reason. It make things very inconvenient for us, people playing in an other language. I would be really glad to see working parser again
    Unfortunately adding support for other languages is going to be difficult for me as I only know finnish and english (and neither of them very well :P). If someone could provide me with some foreign language logfiles AND a lot of guidance on what the lines would be in english (not really interested in trying to google translate everything ) I could take a look into it sometime. I don't promise any results though.
    Last edited by Conrath; 1st June 2013 at 07:40.
    Nifie @CROM

Please remember to use lots of (finninsh swear words-Drest edit) if you do finnish version hehe
    Last edited by Drest; 1st June 2013 at 09:26.

Version 1.01 is out.

Download link

List of changes:
    * List of logfiles is now reversed. The newest logfiles are now on top so if the user has a lot of logfiles, he doesn't have to scroll to the end when he is working with a new logfile.
    * Settings page is now the first page and Parsing the second in order to make it more clear that the Settings should be done before starting parsing.
    * The user can now give a list of ignored targets for the parser so it ignores all damage and healing done on these targets. This is useful in encounters like Zodiac where the damage done on symbols highly affects the player dps but the damage done on symbols is not helping the raid at all.
    * Fixed an issue with some critical hits getting parsed as normal hits and being named like "Bone Shatter critically".
    * Removed the Curse.com download link.
    * New tab for removing entries from known players, bosses, trashmobs or ignored lists.
    Nifie @CROM

Hey mate, thanks for the parser.

Just a question, for some reason It generates 1 encounter into many encounters such as Thoth, I've tried changing the Encounter Change Threshold but it doesn't seem to help.

Any chance you know how i can fix it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast