Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Purple Lotus, Lachiesh Plains, Poitain, Ideas!

Default leave my house alone

Would love to see player housing to.

1: Player housing in different styles and a upkeep system.
    2: Furniture from quest. loot. and stores.
    3: PVE A fun little house quest could pop up when u log in
    raiders are about to raid your home better get home and defend it
    solo or group
    4: PVP if you don't pay the upkeep your home gets raid able.
    first man or team that breaks down the door wins.

I might never see it but could be fun.

This could happen to you
    (Lets raid this s... hmm holy c... i forgot to pay, its my house noooo)

Player housing
    random spawning of bosses much like in the past events.
    possible to make guild cities have different skins then they already have. Stygian look and feel, aquilonian look and feel etc. so not all guild cities look the same.

possibility to host a festival or a gathering for more then just the guild members. where people could challenge friends to a duel

Use those maps to introduce the lair system there is in TSW.

Make those maps places to get cultural vanity gear, with the loot tables from mobs and bosses modified to drop all the variants of cimmerians/aquilonian/stygian skins in game.
    Later on, those places could also drop recipes for cultural skins for weapons and armors.

[*] Dont do anything, until the systems team is ready to make something cool.

When ready:
    * PvE sieges
    * Player houseing
    * PvE minigames, like hunting challenges, racetracks, jumping puzzles, dps fights, chess, etc
    I am Stian ingame...

- The three resource zones should keep their function as such, and be altered to fit the new system. Crafters should have a safe haven where they can do their profession without having to do a lot of quest or dungeon related combat. Not knowing more about the new crafting system makes it hard for me to make a more detailed suggestion

- The "resource dungeons" (Frost Swamp, Oasis of Zaara, Imirian Ravine) could be converted to single player dungeons, and be altered to have an extended purpose for resource gathering and crafting.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 4th June 2013 at 23:50. Reason: Edited to keep post in line with the thread guidelines

The toughish bosses and mob spawning items in these zones (Harbinger of Kao, Scorn, gong, altar) could be buffed beyond ever being soloable and made to have a chance of dropping some useful resources.

From what I understand, there will be no need for quests to learn the tiers of gathering and crafting. Fine. Remove the quests, leave the quest givers as population of the zones' towns. (Maybe have them all given a say like /say 'I used to be a pretty good miner, once upon a time.' /say 'You think you're so smart! I could teach you a thing or two about weaving.')

Add sculpture and centerpiece decoration sites, including some in the neutral ground of the zone that can be used by anyone. That would allow players to come in and leave their mark on another (rival?) guild's zone.

Convert one building in each resource zone town to be an Inn with an NPC Innkeeper that paths you to a special instance of an Inn's room. Purchasable with Funcom Points. Decorations would be purchasable from the game store and droppable from bosses and mobs all over the game. Sell a scroll that would give a Path to this room in the store. Players in guilds can use the Innkeeper in their city for this, too.

In some future patch surprise us by making some basic items across the game lootable (like the plants in the Villas/Tortage/Main System etc. used as city decorations) and usable in personal housing. We'd all be running around for days looking in every zone for items that can be lootable. You could sell fancier versions in the game store, too.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 4th June 2013 at 23:58. Reason: Edited to keep post inline with thread guidelines

Copy/paste "Lair" mechanic from TSW:
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/b...e_secret_world

- Keep Purple Lotus, Lachiesh Plains, Poitain as resource reach zones, but populate them heavily with camps of mobs (4-6men difficulty).

- playfield (group) bosses and regional (raid) bosses to be spawned in Frost Swamp, Imirian Ravine, and Oasis of Zaara - to avoid roflstomping tactics and "gank" on pvp servers.

Here are my thoughts of a raid on your guild city:

Surprisingly, you get the message „your guild city is being spied“
    This means you can find some mobs there outside your guild city, they were gathering and so they become more by day to day. Killing them from time to time delays the point of gathering and maybe they loose their attention on your city. Some of these mobs are group-bosses so you would need a group to kill them.

If you don’t kill them (or after the delayed time) you get a message “your city is being subject of attack” which means the encounter doesn’t start at a random point (would be bad if all players were sleeping or are on a raid) and now you have 48 hours left to start the fight by attacking a special boss, so you should gather your guild and search friendly players and mercenaries for supporting you.
    On the side of the mobs lets spawn a Vistrix or Leviathus as giant thread when starting the battle.

When the mobs attack you have to defend the city (don’t open the gates!) as the outer wall gets damaged by their attack and they try to invade. If you manage to win the city structures can be repaired through timeheal or architect-crafting (faster) which gives you your bonus back.
    If the mobs win, they damage some buildings (not destroying because of the huge costs) and steal some money from the bank (e.g. 10% from gold had to be frozen with the initial message, see above). In addition in the following days/ weeks you should be aware of enemy mobs in your city who try to attack you (like the vanir from the midwinter-event) as they managed to hide in your guild city.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 5th June 2013 at 00:01. Reason: Edited to keep inline with thread posting guideline
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Default factions/pve/pvp

I had and shared an idea where a new location or existing area was created/recreated. faction based for specific class. I did not go mush into detail. Area zones around the factions city central would have be pvp. like for instance, theres a quest where you have to wear another factions disquise to sneak into the city. if a toon sees another toon do this in his factions city, he can stop. faction wars. guilds might have to fight guild members. all fun (maybe), and the area outside the faction central be pve, or vice versa. faction against faction. the housing idea is a good idea to-ha...just thought ide bring this up. even have so you enter at your own level or at least 5-10 level difference.

Being able to collect artifacts from around the world and displaying them a house I "built" according to my own tastes.

I could see tying this into the General - Archetype - Class hierarchy that already exists in the game.

The cash shop had an item - "Basic House" (General) to get your character started. Maybe it has a few rooms and a mannequin or two to display some gear that you're particularly nostalgic about.

If you decide to upgrade, maybe the next item could be something like "Mage Study" (Archetype), adding a little more mage flair to the basic house.

As a final upgrade, "Necromancer's Lair", "Demonologist's Den", or "Herald's Refuge" (Class) would make the housing more specific to the particular character's class. No need to have Mitra tapestries in a HoX's bedroom. Necros might have body parts laying around in a lab, demos might have thaumaturgic triangles and protective circles etched on the floor, and HoX's would just have a harem because they are undeniably the pimps of AoC.

Being able to pay for additional cosmetic storage in the form of weapon racks, mannequins, and display cases over a simple bank slot.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 5th June 2013 at 00:12. Reason: Edited to keep inline with thread guidelines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast