Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director’s Letter – May 2013

In response to "What to do with tradeskill zones" I say keep them for guild cities and border kingdom sieges, but add something like large scale Kushite, Hyperborean, and Zingarian attacks or something.

Ahh, nothing about coming class revamps

Actually my invisible horse does count. By stamping his hoof. It's the truth! If only you could see it.

Good luck with the changes. Looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    well-played

Quick ideas about the resource zones after the crafting revamp:
    • Dust off the idea about PVE sieges: When a guild city hits a certain level, NPC armies will be drawn to its riches; they will start build up camps and cities over time, eventually launching attacks on the player city (which can be delayed by spoiling attacks by players). The (new?) top tiers of guild city building becomes about upgrading defenses and counter-attacking for spoils.
    I mentioned this in guild chat recently and that it was rejected by many with arguments of guild attendance for these events. Personally I like the idea and also hope it can be resurrected as a 'world event'. As long as the attacks can be reasonably defended by the attending guild members it should make for a fun encounter.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Exclamation

I was hoping to see some kind of new expansion/adventure pack. Joel and FunCom should know that most players have maxed out khitai and probably did all quests there as well as in dragon's spine which takes one day to complete.

Age of Conan needs new regions, new quests, new stories, new cultures to explore, we want to see more of Hyboria, and getting just one region per year is not enough in my opinion.

I would be really happy to see Joel saying that some kind of expansion pack for Age of Conan is in the works, i don't even care anymore where will that expansion be located i just wish something new. People get tired of Khitai you know...

I hope Joel will say something about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    I was hoping to see some kind of new expansion/adventure pack. Joel and FunCom should know that most players have maxed out khitai and probably did all quests there as well as in dragon's spine which takes one day to complete.

Age of Conan needs new regions, new quests, new stories, new cultures to explore, we want to see more of Hyboria, and getting just one region per year is not enough in my opinion.

I would be really happy to see Joel saying that some kind of expansion pack for Age of Conan is in the works, i don't even care anymore where will that expansion be located i just wish something new. People get tired of Khitai you know...

I hope Joel will say something about this.
    It's been said several times that Dragons Spine would be coming out in stages. So this expansion area is not yet complete. I don't expect they'd start a second area before finishing this one.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvoleus View Post
    I mentioned this in guild chat recently and that it was rejected by many with arguments of guild attendance for these events. Personally I like the idea and also hope it can be resurrected as a 'world event'. As long as the attacks can be reasonably defended by the attending guild members it should make for a fun encounter.
    If the attacks didn't happen until a city was upgraded to a tier that didn't exist yet, then you'd control whether they took place. It'd be a similar decision to owning a battlekeep: extra benefits, but you need to defend them.

And not letting NPCs be able to wipe out ALL of a city -- or being able to hire NPC defenses to fill in for players, the more expensive the more content they protect -- would be a possible option ... but frankly, my feeling is, you want to take your city to the ultimate level, you need to be prepared to take risks.

I think the relative polish of PVE with the fun of sieging would be the closest that this game has come to realizing the vision of sieging that was painted pre-launch ... and it was sexy.
    Last edited by Prima; 30th May 2013 at 15:40.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

So..invisible horses doesnt count...well do invisible player? lich form from nec lets me get invisible (only for myself) regulary ^^

on a more serious note...
    Quote Originally Posted by April Letter
    Coils of Ubah Kan and The Slithering Chaos - These two six man dungeons are in production now and should appear on Testlive during May. The Slithering Chaos has some fairly large animation dependencies and may be delayed based on whether we have the animation resources to complete the boss in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Letter
    Finally, the Coils of Ubah Khan, a group dungeon in Dragon's Spine, should be available on Testlive and ready for testing.
    what happend to "The slithering chaos" ? i expected delay to be honest, but it just disappered from the letter..

Also PLZ DO post the "200" changes. we need to able to read to believe and also to test if it really works..

The new system allows us to create events and activate them whenever we wish. This means that we can run events on the fly, without taking down the servers and escalate them on the fly
    I like this.

I also like openly asking for suggestions about what to do about the gathering zones, even though I have no ideas at this time. I do like the idea of NPC sieges with the added tweaks Prima mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Ahh, nothing about coming class revamps
    they put class revamps behind crafting revamp in their prio so..thats long way off

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast