Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New PvP gear

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyy View Post
    Playing minis and doing world pvp is no grind. Its fun to win and dominate.
    But gear is gear, and progression feels good. Everyone wants it. A win that means nothing is not as good as when u progress through it.
    But the gear doesn't need to give a power gap. It's a grind when new players/characters are faced with months of getting stomped just to get on even footing in terms of power level (skill level is another matter). I'd love to see progression through vanity gear, titles, recognition, financial (in-game) rewards, stats tracking and more, but I don't want to see another tier of uber PVP gear that allows those who already have an advantage take that advantage to another level.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Quote Originally Posted by Thutkemi View Post
    But the gear doesn't need to give a power gap. It's a grind when new players/characters are faced with months of getting stomped just to get on even footing in terms of power level (skill level is another matter). I'd love to see progression through vanity gear, titles, recognition, financial (in-game) rewards, stats tracking and more, but I don't want to see another tier of uber PVP gear that allows those who already have an advantage take that advantage to another level.
    Yes you are right.

I imagine a new player come here for pvp.

Then he take a class, maybe not a OP one, like demo etc.

He ding lvl 80, he is pvp 1 or 2.

Then he think he is good, because all the pvp before he was good, then he meet a guys with pvp 10 armor bori, or a guys with t4.

And he die miserably, without do anything to him, he is a paper now.

And he think what he can do.

Lvl pvp lvl = Be farm by the other guys who got the gear, and be food for them.

Get token = Win BG And he will not win many BG with his gear.

or Quit the game, because he don't like the idea to be food for people.

Well now the problem is the people :

The guys with t4 i am sure he like so much explode guys with no gear at all, this is fun to win easy, and he want that still.

Or the guys who want equal everywhere, and only skill count, and this is fun, all equal.

I prefer the option 2, and give vanity gear who look so cool to other, then they will be happy to look "unique".

But the fight will be good.

Look at league of legend, no gear, no real progression except the fun.

And i still play it, and at the moment i don't realy want do bg, because i know i will meet those terminator.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    we need pvp 15 or 20 unlocked.

we need pvp gear tier 4 that can compete with tier 4 pve gear.

even if its just pvp tier 4 weapons that are about the same as tier 4 pve weapons.

OR

pve gear should have 20% or 30% less effect vs people and pvp gear should have 20-30% less effect vs monsters.
    100% Agree with you. Make PvP weapons more powerful than PvE weapons in PvP. Unfortunately, its the other way around

The point that the new tier PvP gear should be available for PvP 0 as well. Yes the newcomber will not be as powerful as someone who got the whole set, but he won't have to grind through 10 PvP levels to reach the start.

Really its normal in mmo that you are not as powerful when fresh 80

Edit by Aghora - quoted post removed.
    I lol'd. This is such a PvE mentality.

You do realize that this game use to have almost ZERO gear progression, right?
    Last edited by Aghora; 30th May 2013 at 20:06.

No need to flame, my friend. Let's not get another thread closed down. Why is an MMO all about gear? That is an absurd statement. An MMO is about playing online with other players in a massive world, sharing experiences, both PVE and PVP. Beyond that, it can be about whatever you make it. If you need to "get stuff" in order to keep interested and have a challenge, that's your playstyle, but I'd rather have more people and more variety in PVP, which Unchained minis and a lowered gear/AA gap overall can certainly deliver. Of course, I enjoy getting gear, but if that's the only reason to play, then I'll do something else.

If you want more gear, ask FC for more PVE.
    Last edited by Aghora; 30th May 2013 at 20:07.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by harmonium View Post
    yes man so my gear suck.

So i need buy 5 pieces.

25 x 5 = 125 token if i am right.

I have 11 now, but this is very long to me, because i don't feel strong like i was before, my gear is noob

and when i meet t4 guys, and i look their stuff, i understand why they kill me so easy and do nothing to them.

So i have little regret to have come back and see that, i only like pvp, i don't pve.

so stop complain in forum and go play -edited by Grizzly-! What u want , get all the gear rigth now without kill and play for ? Is really that you want ?

No difficult ? Serously ?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 3rd June 2013 at 08:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This ^ 100x

I argee that there needs to be something more to work for but it shouldn't be any better stats wise. The gear gap is already huge, we don't need a bigger one.

Before funcom does anything with gear they need to make pvp gear better in pvp than pve gear. Once that's done I wouldn't mind seeing different class sets maybe one for offense and a set for defense. That way people can play around a bit more with builds and playstyles without increasing the gear gap.
    With cross server minigames and already all top guilds in pvp servers getting pve T4 why the hell shouldn't pvpers get T4 pvp gear to accomodate?

Each tier comes out the previous get easier to obtain in pve and pvp so the gap will actually shorten and why should it be vanity? all the players wearing T4 have a CRAZY increase in weapon and armour dps stats with comparable survival to pvp T3.

PvP gear just isn't keeping up with T4 and quite frankly it's not fair across the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    we need pvp 15 or 20 unlocked.

we need pvp gear tier 4 that can compete with tier 4 pve gear.

even if its just pvp tier 4 weapons that are about the same as tier 4 pve weapons.

OR

pve gear should have 20% or 30% less effect vs people and pvp gear should have 20-30% less effect vs monsters.
    1000000x+ THIS.

Couldn't word it better tbh man.

Been screaming this for so long but all these people with T4 on the forums would cry they argue that the gear gap gets larger...

PvP level required for T1 and T2 pieces dropped and the gear gap actually got SMALLER so if that occured with pvp 15-20 it would be fine.

PvE gear should have "combat rating (PvE)"

Why are true pvpers always getting shafted?
    Takes approximately 50 times more play time in minis to get PvPT3 than it does in a guild farming PvPT4. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I lol'd. This is such a PvE mentality.

You do realize that this game use to have almost ZERO gear progression, right?
    And it usd to be the most imbalanced game out ^^

Let us see how you feel when "noobs" of crom etc are stomping sh*t out of you with two attack abilities using insanely over powered T4 weapons and armours with cross server minis. THEN you will be thinking pvp gear needs to keep up with pve. Some like me don't pve. We play to pvp but players are swarming in minis even on fury with T4 weapons... compare T4 weapons to PvP T3.

It's a joke.

Edit: Combined Posts
    Last edited by Surgery; 30th May 2013 at 20:29.

If you want more gear, ask FC for more PVE.
    PvP only players complain their gear doesn't keep up and you have this answer? Really? Are you sure you don't wanna change that before you realize what you wrote?

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    PvP only players complain their gear doesn't keep up and you have this answer? Really? Are you sure you don't wanna change that before you realize what you wrote?

Regards.
    Make it so PVE stats are only 50% vs. players, just like current PVP stats are useless against mobs. I don't want a gear race in PVP.

In Unchained minis, PVP gear only, so that PVE gear won't matter. I just don't get the mentality that you need to gain an advantage in PVP based (mostly) on the amount of time you spend playing the game. Isn't the advantage of your experience and knowledge, combined with training and honing your skills, already enough? The rewards for that time should be recognition, glory and notoriety, not the ability to one-shot lowbies and noobs...
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast