Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: an idea: "buying relics with other relics"

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Complete fail. Not having t4 gear does not proevent a single person from doing T4. The first time all these guilds went in there, none of them had t4 gear.

First time I tanked archfiend, it was in T2 gear, and no one had anything above t3/K6. So as an excuse for making t4 gear purchasable, your point is fail. The only reason you want t4 gear is because others have it and you don't. Get over your jealously and play the game the right way.

You have tons of new content you haven't touched. Instead of doing it, you stay here week after week begging for a handout. Seriously, change your toon names so people won't recognize you as the guy begging for free T4 gear, and go join a guild that can help you earn your gear.
    No. Not at all.

Keep ur raid content to urself.

I want T4 gear coz it is the best gear for solo PvE.
    I only want the armor with shiny crit rating.

U think i give a **** about what elitists think.
    Nobody is begging for free gear here.

That some need T4 gear for solo pve speaks volumes about what sort of player is asking for this.

Here's my suggestion: you give a NPC X T4 relics, it gives you X T4 relics back. Fair trade.

Buying T1-T3 raid weapons with raid tokens could be interesting, though. But they should be expensive. Something like 20 tokens for T1, 50 for T2 and 200 for T3.

I love raiding and 6men and always prefer those over soloing. When this topic just started I was all like "WTF??!!! nonsense" and I was all against whole idea. But after reading whole thing today - I think 1 currency for all “non-Khitai” end-game PVE content would be totally fine if drop rates properly adjusted accordingly to difficulty of encounters.

Also, in order to avoid people “skipping” content, either some sort of quest to collect full set of “tier X” gear in order to unlock ability to purchase “tier X+1” gear to be added or copy/paste mechanic from TSW where u can upgrade your gear for tokens.

Key to make this change successful – proper loot/upgrades pricing.

p.s. to make raiders feel special – add social gear rewards for completing raid encounters. So they can show off and don’t feel robbed of their achievements.

/sign
    lower tier tokens for higher tier token.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    Do u realize that as long as T1 , W1, W3 and HoC r the bread and butter of majority of population, FC does not need to introduce T5?
    They nerfed T3 but still T1, W1 and W3 r the main raids of Hyboria
    And the fact the raids you listed are 4-5 years old is testament to the sad state of the vast majority of the AoC playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    And the fact the raids you listed are 4-5 years old is testament to the sad state of the vast majority of the AoC playerbase.
    It doesn't matter. For whatever reason they don't do T3, T3.5, and T4. Laziness, inability to learn/execute mechanics... you name it.

Single currency or ability to buy higher level tokens [with properly adjusted rules, price list, exchange rates, and social gear for completting raid encounters] will give everyone sense of "progression" while not robbing "true" raiders of their achievements. I believe, such change may result in bigger number of people staying subscribed and not quitting after being "done" with T1 and T2. To me it looks like Win-Win for everyone ;]
    Last edited by Vedmed; 30th May 2013 at 17:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    No. Not at all.

Keep ur raid content to urself.

I want T4 gear coz it is the best gear for solo PvE.
    I only want the armor with shiny crit rating.

U think i give a **** about what elitists think.
    Nobody is begging for free gear here.
    Elitists want the top tier content to be so insanely difficult that only the very best - the elite - can complete it. That's different than opposing welfare loot. Most of the people posting here just want the rest of the playerbase to earn their gear by doing the appropriate content - which is NOT too difficult if you would put in the effort. I'd like to see the whole server raiding T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Elitists want the top tier content to be so insanely difficult that only the very best - the elite - can complete it. That's different than opposing welfare loot. Most of the people posting here just want the rest of the playerbase to earn their gear by doing the appropriate content - which is NOT too difficult if you would put in the effort. I'd like to see the whole server raiding T4.
    QFT

T3 and T4 aren't that hard to do if you make an effort to learn the fights. Honestly, only Hathor-Ka, Thoth, General Sheng, Zodiac and Emperor require time to learn. The rest are already easy mode or easy to learn.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast