Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: low level gear for new player?

There are also those set you can get from normal mobs and that are "cultural", like the darfari set, which looks pretty cool.
    There are different sets from the vanirs and the nemedians as well.

You can get those between lvl 20 and 40 i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tianma View Post
    This is exactly what I need. Thanks very much Tianma. Gives me an easy roadmap to at least pick up a few items rather than stumble around and miss stuff.

Yeah, I honestly don't expect to ever reach 80. I never reach max level in ANY mmorpg - ever. And I've played most of them from Everquest on. I don't have that much play time, as I work full time and am working on a PhD.

I four-box, so I can do some content beyond pure solo, but coordinated dungeon work requiring a diverse group and tank is probably not going to happen. I enjoy getting in and playing a bit - but am not overly concerned about leveling or gear.

And the cultural armor sets sound cool. Thanks Mellaus.

Thanks guys,
    Mal

It's really not that gear dependent, It helps but the game isn't totally dependent on it. What will help you more is speccing in a way that makes sense, and knowing the game.
    At 80 where there's nothing left to do but chase gear, AA's, raid, dungeons and minigame with other people is when you'd want to focus on getting gear.
    For low levels there's so much out there in the form of open world drops, crafting, quest loot et cetera that anything you work hard to get becomes outdated and useless in a couple levels anyway. Work more toward learning your class, the game, and how to spend feat points instead.

as for what gcustoms said > this game is heavily gear dependant which fortunatly this will change in near future with special mini games desing - at least in some way for ppl who doesnt enjoy open world pvp crowded by full t4 ppl already or worse ppl swinging with t3 crafts ... for which i have funny example how this game is atm > i was couple of Times hit by non crit white hit from shillelagh of sogoth - (once ultimate 2h blunt weapon) for 2,5k and im not lying while i in nearly full t3 pvp - (lack only some weapons) can hit for 500 max white hit - so something is certainly wierd in here,

so imo prepare for serious gear grind if you want to mean something at 80, ofc culture craft set can be enough in some circumstances but ohestly not the best way to go while we have to deal with what there is ...

Talking about pvp gear grind to a new player still working on leveling strikes me as an irrelevant as well as biased vision.

I agree with Gcustoms, the only moment when you have to worry about your gear is when joining high level situations, like higher raid tiers, hard modes and such.

But until that, you can just run around half naked and do just fine.

Actually, the only aspect of gear one should pay attention to until lvl80 higher content, is the vanity one, because having a character which looks good is important.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Talking about pvp gear grind to a new player still working on leveling strikes me as an irrelevant as well as biased vision.

I agree with Gcustoms, the only moment when you have to worry about your gear is when joining high level situations, like higher raid tiers, hard modes and such.

But until that, you can just run around half naked and do just fine.

Actually, the only aspect of gear one should pay attention to until lvl80 higher content, is the vanity one, because having a character which looks good is important.

That's it.
    cool! no pvp for me anyways. just pve.

Chances are you will be missing that crocodile loincloth

It's basically what everyone said plus if you're in tortage, it's worthwhile to to venture to the acheronian ruins and grind some mobs there.They very often drop nice pictish armor and weapons.The armor could make for a nice vanity piece along the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12