Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition: delete old accounts

Default Petition: delete old accounts

Its becoming increasingly frustrating to come up with a new unique names when creating a new toon because of the old inactive accounts. Many of them are simply taken by people who tried the game in 2008 boom period and left after a month.

This will become even a bigger nightmare after the EU/US server merges.

So Funcom please remove/clear old and inactive accounts from your database. Lets say at least 2008/2009 ones. Same goes for a boom period during the introduction of F2P model. Many names must be blocked by 10ish level Tortage toons...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I agree, its so hard, almost impossible to get cool, sane, normal names. Funcom should do this ASAP.

No need to delete thous chars, just add 7234524523 to their names.

name clean up should be a routine thing for any MMO company.

I don't have alts but it pains me to see people with absurd names knowing they came up with them in frustration.

This is AOC nowdays: http://www.thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=3
    Retired

Exactly.

I was checking some names before creating a new char just yesterday and out of 3 first picks 2 were some lvl 20-ish chars and one even at lvl 5. Same situation when I was transfering chars from server to another after server merges, my char names were blocked by lowbie chars that were last online few months after AoC launch. Too bad you can´t see the length of inactivity in your friend list anymore, no idea why this has been removed.

Also please modify the char creation process so we can go backwards in the process (maybe saving the visuals as well) or at least exit the game, when we get the "name already taken, pick another one" option. As it is now, you´ve got these 3 options:
    - you can either try to pick some original name for a hour or so,
    - type "aôfh.dh,gjsd" and delete the char 5 mins later or
    - open the Windows process manager and kill ageofconan.exe

Not optimal, huh?
    Last edited by Argantes; 29th May 2013 at 11:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    No need to delete thous chars, just add 7234524523 to their names.
    Thats actually a great idea m8. System can add some random numbers after 3 years of inactivity or so...

This game should be about current customers and their needs and not "owned" by people long lost 5 years ago. This applies to character names too.
    Last edited by Naerri; 29th May 2013 at 11:45.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

I like this idea.

/signed
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

They have done this before, was sometime in 2008/2009. They deleted all toons level 20(?) and under to free up names. So it's definitely possible.

+1
    Do it before the US/EU merge.

/signed

This should have been done long time ago.
    Last edited by Elleanorr; 29th May 2013 at 15:14.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

/signed
    Should be done every 6-12 months.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast