Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

Strange way to win back old customers. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Strange way to win back old customers. ;-)
    Player at his best (sarcasm).

Seriously, the point is to reward active & paying customers, and to gave more appeal to the paying subscription. If you don't pay a sub, you don't have the goodies, that's pretty much the point of it.

They can't just give away things things for free to everyone who was subbed once. It would defeat the entire purpose of the action.

It's as silly as complaining because you didn't receive "Veteran Reward for the last year anniversary" if you weren't nor paying nor playing at the time of the event

Funcom should start paying salaries to people who don't work there so they apply for jobs!

Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Ok I see you dont understand what I want to say.

Maybe an other company on the market will take my good old €.

Ok I see you dont understand what I want to say.

Maybe an other company on the market will take my good old €.
    Didnt you just hint that you are a free to play account now?

If I read your posts correctly, you feel that you are entitled to the AAs as a F2P player, because you have pair your "dues" by paying for 4 years worth. Am I correct?

That's exactly what tried to say. I've supported them long enough in my opinion.
    Last edited by Forseti; 12th June 2013 at 19:03.

That's exactly what tried to say. I've supported them long enough in my opinion.
    But then they would need to pick a time frame. So one would need to sit down and determine how long someone should be or have been subbed for to get the perk.

Tangent - Funcom kind of screwed this up in your perspective. The reason is they claim that the AA was for veterns. However, that word hints that a vet is someone who has been dedicated to the game for an extended period of time. However, it was geared towards anyone who had an account at the actual moment of the AA gift. You view yourself as a veteran while funcom did not. A difference in opinions.

SO lets say the pick anyone who has been subscribed for 4 years, as your claim. All aco****s that have or have had a life of 4 years, regardless of current state, should get the AA.

I can see this beng difficult to implement from a coding perspective, but I imagine it is possible. They would need to run an account creation query, and then filter out those that dont equal 48 months, since its monthly sub based, and then determine which accounts are still active, and distribute points this way.

Interesting.

Funcom said, and I quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    There have been a lot of people asking about the AA pts change and the exclusion of older characters from this deal.
    Which hints that its a veteran player (e.g. OLDER CHARACTERS). But then changes the common known term of vet to any active, which has nothing to do with "Older Characters" but more so with "Active Characters". Regardless if the account was a day old, which would by most, not qualify as an "Older Character" unless used in the context of defining the difference between new and old. Old being anything prior to this moment and new being anything ahead of this moment.

Here is there definition, and I quote:

"By Thursday the 30th of May we will give every Member with a level 80 character 40 AA points for free. 50 days later we will follow up with 40 extra AA points to everyone who is active and has a level 80 character as well!"
    Last edited by bruceleroy; 12th June 2013 at 19:21.

Well, usually, threating to "give your € to somebody else" is only took seriously if you're a paying customer. Since you're a f2p anyway, well, it's less intimidating.

More seriously we all understand that you meant that Funcom could have you as a paying customer again if they gave you free stuff, because you think they "owe you something" for being a loyal customers all these years... But why were you paying before ? For your own enjoyment, because you loved the game ? Or were you only paying to "support the game" or because somebody was blackmailing you to give your money ?

If you had fun, and if you were paying willingly to play, then Funcom doesn't really owe you anything. Yes it would be nice to give stuff to old player that have been subbed for a long time, but they have to define a limit. What's the border ? Do you think people who have been paying customer for one year deserve AA ? Two years ? Three ? They will always people outside the frame who will feel ripped off because "according the them, they deserved it".

On a more unrelated note, it kind of remind me when music band is changing his music style and some fans are angry because they say that "they were paying for CD and Live gigs". Well, the band don't owe you anything. If you don't like it anymore, fine, it's up to you. But when you were paying to see them live, you were making a gift to yourself, not to the band.

Anyone who played 4 years and left is not 40AA away from resubscribing, or they would have resubbed and gotten the 40 AA along with every other subscriber. So why reward people who have no interest in subscribing?

If you give AA to every current and past subscriber, then all you're doing is singling out people who have never played. Yet those are the people Funcom most wants to attract. (Most past players are already burned out on the game, and most current players are already hooked; only brand-new players are going to expand the game population.)
    Last edited by Prima; 12th June 2013 at 19:55.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

The only reason why I quit is that the game isnt,t playable anymore since the decided to move the server to the US.

This was bitchslap # 1 for me and 21 others from my old guild.

And now this with the AA points.

Nevermind, I'm out.

Have a nice game.