Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

You can only place points into the bottom Tier of the AA feats/abilities until you reach level 80, you can't even spend points until you reach level 20.

Then if you look at the fights that you encounter on your way to level 80 and the armor that you can equip as you level, the gain from the AAs aren't going to be game breaking. All you end up with is toons that have the AAs to participate in GS modes (I feel bad for tanks tbh as they still need to get the armor to do their job effectively, but Khitai blues work pretty well in a lot of cases)

lvling players cant use the aa to gain archetype or class aa before they hit 80. so i dont see the problem.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Please do not forget that the game starts at level 1, not 80!
    Not really, you don't gain anything from that "work" for 80 lvl, ohh now you do finally, 79 AA points. Before you could gain maybe 1-3 AA points if you did grind a lot

Game starts from lvl 80 and thats where Sillirion did huge mistake, you have amazing looking 1-79 lvl areas which are completely "useless" for your character because all what you need is only obtainable when you are lvl 80. You don't really gain any pve "experience" since mobs/dungeons are either deserted or over easy or any AA because mobs only give useless amount of AA (thank god new AA rule)

Also pvp xp is almost non existant at low lvls, whos idea it was to reduce pvp xp gain to almost zero? Killed low lvl pvp, thats for sure.

So i dont see reason why would i be spending my time on 1-79 lvl when i don't get anything from it like i did before
    Last edited by darknessjw; 7th June 2013 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    You can only place points into the bottom Tier of the AA feats/abilities until you reach level 80, you can't even spend points until you reach level 20.

Then if you look at the fights that you encounter on your way to level 80 and the armor that you can equip as you level, the gain from the AAs aren't going to be game breaking. All you end up with is toons that have the AAs to participate in GS modes (I feel bad for tanks tbh as they still need to get the armor to do their job effectively, but Khitai blues work pretty well in a lot of cases)
    True in the case of PvE (although there's a bit less challenge since you do a bit more damage with DS and PS which in any case is noticable), but for PvP (where many ppl have lvl 39, 59 - 79 toons to keep playing PvP without being bothered by AA gap or large differences due to higher tier armours and weapons) that's where a few points in DS and PS can make quite a difference against someone without those perks. Which in this case causes a bit of imballance.

True, the difference is arguable, but as you read through the forums these are noted as being viable to some.
    Being a barbarian is a tough profession. You cut heads, drink loads of beer and eat piles of meat ........... and then when you come home you got to keep the wife happy as well (*sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    You guys are all forgetting that there are people that does only pvp and AA gain from doing just that is so slow. This is nice move from funcom, its gonna help a bit to new chars and wont make to big difference on 80 with already decent AA.
    But this problem will still remain, if you do pve than AA income is fast, if you strictly do minis is slow as hell.
    I doubt the players forget that, because everyone who has at least one toon on a pvp server should understand. But do the devs know and if they know, do they care?

Just compare what you get by spending 1 rl hour with pure pvp (be it dueling or playing hide and seek with or against ambushers) to objective pvp (minis) and pve. But even in pve the balance is not there. Compare again 1 rl hour of solo questing, group questing, group instances, raids and "popular" content (exploitable or not).

Your suggestion was shared by a lot of others and would have worked too, if the only intend would have had been to close the AA gap. But i guess they wanted to make constant subbing more attractive, too. Apart from once they chose to implement the levelling up script, that solution was not the best anymore (though before it might have been).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Just compare what you get by spending 1 rl hour with pure pvp (be it dueling or playing hide and seek with or against ambushers) to objective pvp (minis) and pve. But even in pve the balance is not there. Compare again 1 rl hour of solo questing, group questing, group instances, raids and "popular" content (exploitable or not).
    Well on the PvE side, I guess the argument is that some vertical progression is needed. So different rewards for different activities make sense here. That said, I do agree that the vertical gap is too large in AoC even on the PvE side. It's not that noticable to vets when rolling a new toon, since they have in-game friends to gear / AA them up quickly. But from what I have seen over the last few months, it really can be a problem for new players.

On the PvP side of course, vertical (power) progression is a bad idea altogether. Unchained minis are a good move, but giving new toons additional AA points will never be bad for PvP in any case.

So on balance, I'm pretty sure that the AA points helped some people a little bit, but really didn't hurt anyone (except Alan, who can just decide not to place them ). The only downside is that they didn't give anything to free players - I don't like this obvious "power for money" tradeoff and I think it's a bad business decision as well (negative motivation par excellence...).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Some part of me is still crossing fingers, that they intend to do just that...remodel the f2p system, especially the shop and the (in most cases) stupid and counterproductive limitations. Limitations and differences between pure f2p (trial) and premium are fine, as long as a f2p account can change it, when spending a reasonable amount of money (which is not the case in aoc atm).
    For example in terms of AA, they could add weekly offers of expertise pots with a limited number per account.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post

Don't forget that the general AA's scale with level too, so indeed they are not game breaking at all when you have them at lower levels.
    Doomsayer 2008

Does it mean that only paying customers get the points?

People like me, who always paid their monthly fee for over 4 years, get nothing?

Funcom at it's best. (Sarcasm)

just like law its not retro active so man up and pay the sub if you want the goodies

its a business not a charity