Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional AA pts...

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    It is the 30th.
    that great, but please anwser the question about new AA abilities. Are those coming or were you joking?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Man, now let us not get picky. The number of characters in that situation not belonging to veteran players will be... small. And veteran players have means to fix that perceived imbalance under most circumstances. Only difference will be for low character level high pvp levels minigame twinks. But seriously... a drop of water shouldn't complain the river goes the wrong way.

Actually, if he isn't spazzing out I would say he has every right to ask that question, I had the same one even if I assume it won't matter. Just because you're in the minority doesn't mean you matter less, and the complexity of their solution leaves a gap between long time vets and full noobs/alts. Personally I have probably maybe 6-8 weeks of gametime in AoC, and 3 toons that all fall into this category (one mid 50s that won't make it and two in the lower to mid 70s that are going to be hell to level to 80 in 2 days after long work days). I felt like crap when I saw this was how they were going to handle the higher level players not getting the leveling AA boost. I just know that if this is their decision/direction I can't fight it.

There was a much simpler alternative that some people suggested which was giving subs free AA equal to their level+having the AA while leveling turned on, which would have been very even across the board (some possible anomalies for old subs who quickly used a ton of offline levels fast, but that exists either way and well WTH just let long time subs get the payoff).

All that said my main wish re this current announcement was just that it gave a few more days notice (especially if it included one weekend) to get to 80, because judging by the speed of the DMC grind someone was nice enough to show me yesterday, the only way I have a prayer of making that cut off is 3 nights of 100% grind, and that's if I can get out of work and if I ignore any hint of social opportunity. I'm still probably dumb enough to try it but it's going to be painful and not sure if possible.

Thumbs up

Good going joel! Can't complain about free stuff and a game director that shows us he gives a @#$/ about our favorite game

Thank you kindly, Joel and FC Much appreciated

Thank you ! Memorable 5th anniversary Joel!

Quote Originally Posted by timewaster View Post
    There was a much simpler alternative that some people suggested which was giving subs free AA equal to their level+having the AA while leveling turned on, which would have been very even across the board (some possible anomalies for old subs who quickly used a ton of offline levels fast, but that exists either way and well WTH just let long time subs get the payoff).
    Yes, I know - was one them myself. I suggested to give each and everyone flat 100 points months ago. That would have avoided the complex issues we now have.
    But the current solution at least reduces the problem to a smaller minority than before. That sucks for those belong to that minority - but hey, at least they did something for a lot of people.

Missing the 40 AA points is not thaaaat big of a deal, though. You'll get the other 40 for sure, and with that, you should get your character ready in time for Kithai dungeons. You should do T1 and T2 raids for maybe 4-6 weeks before, and that time should be enough to get everything you need in combination with the 40 free points.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    that great, but please anwser the question about new AA abilities. Are those coming or were you joking?
    When did they say there will be new AA abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    When did they say there will be new AA abilities?
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...1&postcount=43

But hey, he would have wanted to mess with us a bit and gently laugh at us, wouldn't have find a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...1&postcount=43

But hey, he would have wanted to mess with us a bit and gently laugh at us, wouldn't have find a better way.
    Well, there's lots of us with unspent Mastery Points (and for the PvPers, Prowess points) and maybe Expertise... might as well be able to use them, :-P.
    ~*~ A real life Bear Shaman ~*~
    ~*~ ,,,>^O.O^<,,, Cimmerian women have claws like cats! ,,,>^O.O^<,,, ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Well like I said, I just copied the info from an email from marketing.

The german translation is correct - it is every char at level 80 on the account of any premium subscriber.
    To be straightforward & blunt: You're the game director, not a marketing marionette. Anyone can copy & paste. This thread would not have been so long with so many questions if the original statement was clear to begin with.

No offense Joel, I like everything you're doing & projecting for the game. I'm a Spring '09 veteran who is temporarily a non-player with free account status. I was initially waiting for completion of Dragon's Spine & the crafting update to resume play. I would like to take advantage of the AA points, so I may resubscribe for 3 months.

By Thursday the 30th of May we will give every Member with a level 80 character 40 AA points for free. 50 days later we will follow up with 40 extra AA points to everyone who is active and has a level 80 character as well!
    That sounds really vague. So I can take this to mean as long as I reactivate my premium account by May 30th I'll get the initial 40 AA points? Exactly 50 days later I'll get the additional 40 as long as I'm still premium?

One Alternative Advancement point every time you level a character up (AA points can be used on level 80 towards powerful abilities)!
    Again vague. I have a couple characters under 80, so when will I get an AA point per level? It would be a waste to login and level up before it was in effect.

Thanks for your attention to the game and user forums.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast