Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Petition: Keep world bosses ingame!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    have them also spawn in border kingdoms
    Bori 2.0? :]

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    So they would stay alive for a while and despawn after some time. I can live with it
    If they stay around frequently, no one will ever fight them after a few weeks. If they're occasionally brought back or infrequently on the servers, they'll have more of an event feel and people will specifically want to do them. Leave them up all the time, and they'll be ignored.

And if they gave a potion as a reward, it would be a lot more incentive for people to fight them as well.

My two tin's worth.... Not much different from most of the others, I agree the 'special event' bosses ought to stay. My preference would be to have a three day weekend event every 3 months or so - start Thursday night/Friday morning (depending on your time zone) and go through Sunday night/Monday morning. That would make it far enough apart that people could build up a sense of anticipation, and it wouldn't get boring quickly.

I would love to see some other bosses - I don't mind the 'recycled' bosses, but could we recycle some other ones, too? I think it would be fun to see a Chatha-esque boss and a bigger, badder bat demon! Change 'em up, so people don't always see the same ones!

I also enjoyed all the running around trying to find them, and the people reporting locations in global, it really felt like a big crazy scavenger hunt! I started playing late (2010), so I never saw the crowds when the game first came out - it was awesome to see so many people in one spot! It also starts to feel like you are passing friends on the street, when I see names I recognize from some of those fights as I run through Shaulun or someplace. Makes the community seem more of a community, not just a bunch of strangers.

Thanks for a fun long weekend, I enjoyed it immensely!

Minigames is not the real pvp in MMORPG's, the real pvp is in the open world.
    keep the world boss like this please.

If the bosses visit again I would like to see the same stats but with the names of the T1/T2 weapons and armor changed to reflect the name of the boss you killed to earn it, eg Rename T1 crossbow to "Crossbow of the Kraken" also for the weapons it would be nice if you swapped the model/textures with other existing ones that don't get used by anyone eg Pearl of Heaven from Yag. Maybe the texture color can be changed from green to red to make it slightly more unique.

Blade of the Fallen King. Keep the stats. Change to 1hb. Use that crooked looking mace texture from Atzels fortress but change the color of the head from gold to black. Rename to "Club of the Basilisk", I'm pretty sure this would take very little effort.

This would allow the old t1 T2 weapons to maintain their level of prestige while creating a new level of prestige for world boss drops.

Just killed Obsidian Basilisk in Chosain a couple of hours before server came down. Was fun.

/signed

This game is really starving for new content that's easily accessible at this point. If the bosses are there and coded, just keep them running.

There's a lot of end game instances, but unless you're part of a regular group it's public quests like this that are easier to get in to.

If those of you following this thread haven't seen it yet, Joel did make mention of this capability in his May GD Letter. Check it out!
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    If those of you following this thread haven't seen it yet, Joel did make mention of this capability in his May GD Letter. Check it out!

I Quote from the letter:
    The new system allows us to create events and activate them whenever we wish. This means that we can run events on the fly, without taking down the servers and escalate them on the fly, as we did each day of the 5th Anniversary event.

It means that a GM can kick start one of these events in the game by running a simple command. Obviously this has many applications, but the upshot of it is this - you can expect to see a wider variety of events in Age of Conan going forward.

And they might be completely spontaneous, so keep your eyes peeled for strange occurrences (and no invisible horses don't count!)
    So basically there is always a chance that some world boss will spawn somewhere? And it needs to be spawned from GM?
    Did I got it right?
    Would just like to know, will the bosses spawn(GM activating them) when they see a lot of people in some instance. This would be ok on Rage server :P

Does the command have a timer? Eg Gm sets time for aussie peak hours and then goes away.

Also could you fix it so a boss doesn't despawn if some idiot attacks it and dies?

...aaand, I don't know what it is about dragons in particular but they seem most susceptible to oneshotitis. This can ruin the fun for everyone.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789