Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition: Keep world bosses ingame!

Signed for something like this , reworked with better rewards scale etc , its great base idea , also some more dynamic factor during "raiding" would be fun .
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

+ great new fresh event
    + lot of fun
    + long time ago since I've seen so many players on one spot
    + fresh player is getting a good start

- not good on pvp server, died many times before boss was dead and fine if you need some murderpoints
    - not enough space for all people, full in seconds
    - instance crashed alot during bossfights
    - quests scale not with characterlevel, leveled my ranger from 20 to 80 with these
    - still the same vanity-potions nothing new for a veteran player
    - performance was very bad sometimes frozen screen

This anniversary event was absolutely fantastic! Totally fun, it energized the community.

However, I don't agree with making this part of the persistent game, a weekly or monthly event. Doing so would lose the community effect it has. If this was every week, in 3 to 4 you'd have trouble finding enough people to do it. As for being part of the persistent world, that's pretty much the idea of the PVP world bosses, a development idea already scraped and a good thing too. (side note: this is 100% PVE as such there should never be any PVP rewards. PVP is battling players, rewards should come from that period!!)

It would be nice to have community events perhaps monthly or every other month. One aspect I really liked about this event was that it was too big to be a guild thing, very cool. Yes I know it could be a guild thing which is why execution of the event is part of it. That also speaks to the problem of making world bosses, they'd just be farmed by big enough guilds, as such, you'd end up needing a guild capable of raiding; so now we have raids without raids. -Yeah no to world bosses!

What would be a good idea and maybe it's already out there is make a thread for event brainstorming. And don't just suggest this event, we done it, give it a year or so. When it becomes something people talk about like, "oh man, I remember that, that was an awesome weekend." then it's time for another!

Obviously there's people who want to keep the loot train going not to mention the crazy xp and gold. It is a lot easier and quicker to do this then it is to finish eight raids and not get one new piece of equipment. But epic gear should always take dedication and time, that's part of what makes it coveted and powerful. It's UBER and therefore UBER-RARE! This was a very special occasion and we should accept it as such.

Coming from a design environment very similar to this (mech), I suspect several alteriour motives going on behind the scenes to this event, all of which are good news to us players. As such, I'd respectfully ask anyone ready and willing to jump on this wagon, take a step back and look at the big picture. What this did for our game and what it will do in the coming months. And if you still want to sign off on this, think of what the possible long-term consequence could be.

Well that's my POV hope it doesn't enrage anyone, knowing some of our community (haha). I'd say support our new developer team and its lead, given the opportunity I believe they will do great thing for AOC!

Quote Originally Posted by perkyzombie View Post
    If this was every week, in 3 to 4 you'd have trouble finding enough people to do it. As for being part of the persistent world, that's pretty much the idea of the PVP world bosses, a development idea already scraped and a good thing too.
    This is also true. Now I'm uncertain. Unless these monthly-weekly-daily bosses had a loot table that contains literally every item in game, virtually turning it into a lottery with a million to one chance to win something good. Then everyone would always do them every day/week/month because who can resist gambling with no monetary loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    More about this in my upcoming letter!
    omg

praise the lord

sure is mostly pve, but that guy with a life sure is being attentive to its customers

Joel, one big gap at these bosses, how to brak the fun? Oh, you spotted any boss ? just call it on global, when 10-30 people come and wait till rest join the boss, pull it and go away, preaty sure boss gonna died instantly = reset timer. QQ
    Last edited by Radek87; 28th May 2013 at 01:30.
    We will be Serious after death.

I actually think this is a good idea, keeping these ingame bosses is a cool event for people to keep busy with. Signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Rewards like under the events here are too high. Quite sure Funcom are adjusting if they want to add this to the live servers permanently.
    This and almost no groups were formed (have you seen any apart from some 80 group(!) runs?). People were grinding and exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakishta View Post
    This and almost no groups were formed (have you seen any apart from some 80 group(!) runs?). People were grinding and exploiting.
    i think it was a lot better because it was a "no group required" event plain and simple. also i have no clue what you mean by people "exploiting", do you think the grinding part was them exploiting it? if funcom didn't want people grinding this event they would of only had the "bosses" spawn once every day for 5 days but then people would come to the forums and say thanks a lot funcom for the "crappy" 5 year anniversary event you suck! i'm unsubbing emoragequit QQ.

PS: Thank you funcom for the awesome 5 year anniversary event i might of got alot of the recycled stuff from the halloween event but the epic fights with 50 random players was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by mucklavee View Post
    i think it was a lot better because it was a "no group required" event plain and simple. also i have no clue what you mean by people "exploiting",
    1. 138000 XP for any characters (3-5 levels instantly for pressing one button for 5 minutes).

2. Simple and plain is not "better": it is actually making a lot of people more lazy and hunger for more simplicity. People of today would gnaw one's hand that feeds them if it does not feed them again. Groups and complexity made this game. Now, if the event bosses remain in the game (as it going to be revealed in the game letter), there will be even less people grouping up for dungeons, thinking, learning their classes, and exploring the game.

3. Events like this should never happen again. We already have Golem in Northern Grasslands and Dagon in Paikang. That is absolutely enough. Craig's idea of world bosses (though it was more of a PVP idea) should remain with these two.

The faith in the gaming industry is going downhill with all the instant gratification coming into Age of Conan: the horrible moves from the company (AAs given, lag introduced, world bosses) will cater to much less dedicated people over time and, obviously, change the face of the game completely.

It just feels like soccer:
    1. it started raining and the ground turned into a mush (the lag coming into the game). Everyone complains.
    2. the game director removes all running, places a gate and a ball, and removes the goal keeper (levelling through world bosses and gaining T1-T2 items, free instant progression to everyone). People start to score goals and forget about the weather.

It is not even hilarious to watch the revulsion of sentiment in the concourse with simplified content at their disposal.

I, of course, understand Joel. The company needs money. And quick money is always brought into the game with a casual crowd that wants all the things at once without a minute of a strain of thought. That hurts the game and the idea, but business is harsh.

P.S. Enjoy newcomer tanks who levelled during the event to 80 through bosses.
    Last edited by Lakishta; 28th May 2013 at 07:03.