Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition: Keep world bosses ingame!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanzyx View Post
    If you do this in any way/shape/form, please create unique creatures. Do not use copies of current in-game bosses.
    How do you get the most out of tiny resources?

I think re-using the RAID bosses is a very nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakishta View Post
    1. 138000 XP for any characters (3-5 levels instantly for pressing one button for 5 minutes).

2. Simple and plain is not "better": it is actually making a lot of people more lazy and hunger for more simplicity. People of today would gnaw one's hand that feeds them if it does not feed them again. Groups and complexity made this game. Now, if the event bosses remain in the game (as it going to be revealed in the game letter), there will be even less people grouping up for dungeons, thinking, learning their classes, and exploring the game.

3. Events like this should never happen again. We already have Golem in Northern Grasslands and Dagon in Paikang. That is absolutely enough. Craig's idea of world bosses (though it was more of a PVP idea) should remain with these two.

The faith in the gaming industry is going downhill with all the instant gratification coming into Age of Conan: the horrible moves from the company (AAs given, lag introduced, world bosses) will cater to much less dedicated people over time and, obviously, change the face of the game completely.

It just feels like soccer:
    1. it started raining and the ground turned into a mush (the lag coming into the game). Everyone complains.
    2. the game director removes all running, places a gate and a ball, and removes the goal keeper (levelling through world bosses and gaining T1-T2 items, free instant progression to everyone). People start to score goals and forget about the weather.

It is not even hilarious to watch the revulsion of sentiment in the concourse with simplified content at their disposal.

I, of course, understand Joel. The company needs money. And quick money is always brought into the game with a casual crowd that wants all the things at once without a minute of a strain of thought. That hurts the game and the idea, but business is harsh.

P.S. Enjoy newcomer tanks who levelled during the event to 80 through bosses.
    admittedly, typical craig morrison loving guy that believed aoc was to be enjoyed by a specific clique group that enjoyed his playstyle. want to have grindy things?, then grind away, but truth is, joel shouldnt follow this business model anymore as the only product aoc has to offer, cuz it doesnt work.

+ 1 for the non group/raid requirement.

The best part was that any player of any level could join and just smash the boss. Awesome because it's just free for all.

I just think it's sad that not many low levels dared to join, i mean only the last 2 days on crom have seen low levels coming in decent numbers.

I for one had a brand new necro get around 30 levels, T2 chest and staff from this event.

A good aspect was also that the event gave an opportunity to have veterans on developed characters share some activity with fresh new players.
    It's very good, because the community is a bit too scattered activity wise, and it's important that new players can see that there are many players around.

All in all, good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    I just think it's sad that not many low levels dared to join, i mean only the last 2 days on crom have seen low levels coming in decent numbers.
    I would love to see world bosses scalable and showing on low level playfields once or twice a day as an event.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Also, Funcom forgot one thing. Gathering people for Sanctum, Halls of Eternal Frost, or Epic White sands group during these events was impossible. People skipped through 5 levels at once.
    Barbaricwildcat, you are not correct in most of your sentiments: grind was introduced with the bosses, people were only focused on gaining as many levels they could, and the rewards were too high for 100 crossbow shots. Also, Craig was the one who introduced 100% experience potions and offline levels. The company under his leadership was making very bad moves too. You are right in one thing though: effort, intelligence, and eloquence do not work anymore in modern society.
    Last edited by Lakishta; 28th May 2013 at 07:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bastii View Post
    Since it would only take some small adjustments to make them viable permanent content, why let this opportunity go to waste?
    Newbies get some nice starting gear, veterans get vanity stuff, PvPers get outdoor PvP.. everyone's happy.
    /signed

Ofc with less frequency, add some AAs, social fluff, rare T2 drops - don't go higher please.

Btw. Chosain Emperor's Golem should offer some rewards for killing him and show up more than just during the Khitai destiny quest line
    Last edited by Naerri; 28th May 2013 at 07:43.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

One would hope that during this unique event addressing the entire community, it was hard to gather a group to do any kind of instance.

I mean, if people preferred running solo dungeons while this event was on, then i would feel concerned about the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    + 1 for the non group/raid requirement.

The best part was that any player of any level could join and just smash the boss. Awesome because it's just free for all.

I for one had a brand new necro get around 30 levels, T2 chest and staff from this event.

A good aspect was also that the event gave an opportunity to have veterans on developed characters share some activity with fresh new players.
    It's very good, because the community is a bit too scattered activity wise, and it's important that new players can see that there are many players around.

All in all, good move.
    This.
    Having no group/raid requirement made it feel fresh and modern, kinda GW2-ish Ofc you can create group/raids for better performance (heals, buffs etc.) if you wish and I guess creating a raid was a must on PvP servers. But if you insist on the group/raid mechanic, there is the whole rest of AoC content like this, with all the instances, raids, minigames, sieges and whatnot, so having one exception won´t hurt anyone.

Also liked the social aspect that has been already mentioned above. During the first days, when I saw some lvl 20-30ish newbies struggling to make their way to the Conans castle where the dragon was just about to spawn, I just hopped off my mount, made a path throught the Noble district battlefield oneshotting mobs.. no biggie for me and if that made those new ppl (and new alts of veterans, don´t really care) happy, good.

All it needs now, is to find some appropriate frequency, adjust the Xp gains (should depend on level now) and enhance the loot table (don´t have to be uber T4 stuff, just give players some useful stuff among the social fluff, that means 4h crafted food /for appropriate level bracket/, those +mgc dmg & combat & crit & hit rating potions, maybe chance on MoAs, rare relics, 1 expertise point pots etc.) and voila, we´ve got new content for tiny resources spent, both FC & (most of the) playerbase happy

Hell, you can even introduce a trophy hunt system (similar to the 5 expertise point bonus from the storyteller), where you´ll get a certain trophy (quest item, no need for token system) from the monster killed and for a certain amount of various trophies delivered to the trophy collector in OT near tradepost (hint: no new NPC needed and added depth in already existing content), you´ll get some kind of reward, be it 1-x expertise point pot or whatever.
    Last edited by Argantes; 28th May 2013 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakishta View Post
    Also, Funcom forgot one thing. Gathering people for Sanctum, Halls of Eternal Frost, or Epic White sands group during these events was impossible. People skipped through 5 levels at once.
    Barbaricwildcat, you are not correct in most of your sentiments: grind was introduced with the bosses, people were only focused on gaining as many levels they could, and the rewards were too high for 100 crossbow shots. Also, Craig was the one who introduced 100% experience potions and offline levels. The company under his leadership was making very bad moves too. You are right in one thing though: effort, intelligence, and eloquence do not work anymore in modern society.
    Is that you LunaticAsylumLA? Or is there someone else with the same ideas?

Seriously, people are more likely to give up the game if they level 1st or 2nd character and try to get get groups for everything, maybe it's easier now with F2P but even in May 2010 when I started playing it was very hard to find groups and old world felt pretty deserted.

I offline leveled my guard and my conq, but I had a good idea of how aggro works from playing with my DT. I can play well on all 12 toons and 75% were free 50's or had serious offline leveling 50-80. It's not like you get to be a good tank in T4 if you do Main System... Also on their first character people need a tutor at 80 not to grind and get bored without exp pots or offline levels.

That can be your opinion but in most active successful veteran guilds no one levels alts for 3 months.... and they are all good players.

What Joel did was great. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmeth View Post
    Is that you LunaticAsylumLA? Or is there someone else with the same ideas?
    hahahah I can assure you he/she is not LunaticAlylumLA if you miss him he'll be back in around 10 days More judgmental than before
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast