Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Petition: Keep world bosses ingame!

Smile

This was a really good and fun event apart from the first day when there was a lot of waiting around lol. World boss`s need to stay in this game.

I think this may be also an opportunity for the developers to optimize more the aoc engine for multicore processors. As it stands my processor (Q6600@3GHZ) load on my quad core never exceeded 50% on all cores throughout the event boss fights, giving me an average of 10 - 15 fps on the lowest of settings with about 40 odd on screen and then dropping to around 3fps with 60+ onscreen lol.

Other games that are optimized for multi core will always show a load of 90 - 100% on all 4 cores. I would like to see this for age of conan too.

At the end of the day adding content is good but now i think its time you allocate some resources to bumping up optimization of the games engine.

"She", jenyu.
    I see no problem with some ideas matching, Redmeth. And your own opinion is not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakishta View Post
    "She", jenyu.
    I see no problem with some ideas matching, Redmeth. And your own opinion is not the only one.
    "He" not "She"

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    admittedly, typical craig morrison loving guy that believed aoc was to be enjoyed by a specific clique group that enjoyed his playstyle. want to have grindy things?, then grind away, but truth is, joel shouldnt follow this business model anymore as the only product aoc has to offer, cuz it doesnt work.
    Yep yep. Luckily those are rare people who think like that It hurts in long run and sadly Craig was one of them

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    "He" not "She"
    Nope, she, Lakishta
    Last edited by darknessjw; 28th May 2013 at 11:52.

In respect to grinding I fully agree.

Quit the game for 6 months+ and came back only when they announced the Khitai grind reduction to normal levels.

I still believe that the insane faction grind and unfair difficulty/buggy HMs in the first year or so of the expansion was a key reason why a lot of people gave up on AOC soon after Expansion came out.

Alts are fun in this game, all classes were unique and when looking at the grind ahead of you for a single character you'd get dizzy and also back then it was not easy to find good groups even for KK or Flame (cause Vortex was bugged, Coppice was only exploited, Pagoda HM insanely hard, Pillars had the ranger boss a lot harder than now, Abyss had those adds hit a lot harder and then boss would 1-shot you and no one knew tactic, Jade LOL, Den quite harder as well, KK kept to closed guild/friend groups when you could sell epic.

Newbies were kept on a Flame/Palace HM diet only... frustrating.

Sure they would have been geared faster but with more subscribers in game maybe there would have been more money to add content...
    Last edited by Redmeth; 28th May 2013 at 12:27.

Then we might not have had a new GD tho... :O

I'd vote for this as long as they lowered the spawn rate dramatically. Maybe once or twice a day. The last 5 days was fun but a lot of other stuff got pushed to one side like 6 man dungeons and raiding.

Edit - Give the Kraken in Khemi a miss if this is going to happen, the ping was unacceptably bad anytime I did that beastie. Between 2000 - 4000ms constantly.
    Last edited by Jota180; 28th May 2013 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I'd vote for this as long as they lowered the spawn rate dramatically. Maybe once or twice a day. The last 5 days was fun but a lot of other stuff got pushed to one side like 6 man dungeons and raiding......
    I agree. These events are great fun and should be made permanent but less frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    .....Edit - Give the Kraken in Khemi a miss if this is going to happen, the ping was unacceptably bad anytime I did that beastie. Between 2000 - 4000ms constantly.
    I did a lot of these events and noticed that my fps (and ping) went down dramatically when several mages started SW'ing. Mind you, I have all settings to max. So I've reduced them and....all was fine again.

And one other thing: Necro peta did not contribute (at least not significantly) to the big lag. We had boss fights with 50+ lifestealers etc. and the fps/latency was ok.

Cheers Euklid

Perhaps the same crazy spawnrate as before that increase each day to maintain the same kinda hectic fun running from one to the other. But let it happen on eg. the last weekend in each month. This way people won't get tired of it and the event will be hectic and intpense enough to be more about fun than waiting.

The last two days of the anniversary were epic fun!

Same with Khitai access for f2p and p2p without expansion. Full access the last weekend of each month. It would allow guilds to do something with their f2p members every once in a while as well as keep teasing people into going premium and get the expansion for faster progression towards the nice, epic khitai armors, accessories and weapons.

And simply create an increased population in Khitai a few days each month, world PvP would benefit greatly from this as well.
    Last edited by Foxcat; 28th May 2013 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Euklid View Post

And one other thing: Necro peta did not contribute (at least not significantly) to the big lag. We had boss fights with 50+ lifestealers etc. and the fps/latency was ok.

Cheers Euklid
    Gotta disagree, back in spring 2012, we´ve made a group of necromancers spreading love with their fellow lifestealers and the result? NG instance crashed within 15 minutes, when we moved to Cimmerian End, instance crashed after 15 minutes as well.. coincidence, you say?
    But yes, I was kinda surprised that the servers were doing quite "good" during the event, even when the FPS was sometimes uberlow and latency uberhigh (especially at Kraken) and didn´t witness any instance crash during the first 3 or 4 days.. but then I had an instance crash at Levi in Khosphef and another one at Basilisk in NG, kind of reality check, really

Bonus:
    http://a.yfrog.com/img443/4263/204h.png
    http://a.yfrog.com/img542/4199/x7v.png
    http://a.yfrog.com/img851/6581/6cmz.png
    http://a.yfrog.com/img140/8301/4qf.png
    http://a.yfrog.com/img404/218/ds18.png

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast