Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Funcom why you do this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Though of course, this does nothing to reduce the gap. It keeps the gap exactly the same.
    Indeed. Unless you give 1 point per level to all subscriber-owned characters with less than 80 total AA, to a maximum of 80 total AA, if you catch my meaning.

So a level 40 will get the 39 AA he would normally have...

A level 80 with 20 AA would get 60 AA...

A level 80 with 81 AA would get nothing.

But you have people who get paid to figure stuff like this out...crack the whip!!

and people who would complain no matter what he does

Though of course, this does nothing to reduce the gap. It keeps the gap exactly the same.
    I wouldn't totally agree with that simply due to the fact that players who have worked on their characters a lot are already close to or are already maxed out in aa's. People that have several characters that's gotten tired of the grind and have leveled characters up to 80 and parked them it would help make those characters more viable to play and lesson the grind that's needed to get those required perks. Take me for example I have 24 level 80's and some of them I would actually like to play but I'm not going to delete any just to re-level them and honestly I do not want to spend the time grinding for the required aa's. However getting the 80 bonus points would actually help in making those characters viable instead of being the storage toons they are now.

Wink

or maybe set a period? such as premium within 1 or 2 month character something like that .? just an idea.... i ve got 2 80 in EU, and 6 80 in US, still couldnt get any thing from this but at least i can get some aa for the new toon that i am currently leveling with my friend ^^

Guys.. You just have to accept that in order to close the gap between newbies and vets, sacrifices MUST be made. It's for the greater good of the game. My concern is for returning players, or ftp players who have 80s. When they subscribe they get nothing from this. I propose that returning subscribers be awarded the 80aa (or whatever amount = their character level). That would give even more people incentive to sub from now on.

False.

First, many many people have full AAs so the gap doesn't get bigger.

Second, you gain so much more power over your first 80 AA points compared to the rest. After 80 points you'll have the major class perks you want and pretty sure the archetype specific ones as well. From then on you're gaining 1% bonuses here and there. Trivial stuff.

This change is better than no change but I'm quite bummed I just offline leveled two characters before this.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    False.

First, many many people have full AAs so the gap doesn't get bigger.

Second, you gain so much more power over your first 80 AA points compared to the rest. After 80 points you'll have the major class perks you want and pretty sure the archetype specific ones as well. From then on you're gaining 1% bonuses here and there. Trivial stuff.

This change is better than no change but I'm quite bummed I just offline leveled two characters before this.
    What he said. You're out to lunch on this one, Joel. 80 extra AA points on my toons will be a drop in the bucket. I might gain an extra rank of one or two of my rank 4 AAs, but it is a very nice boost for a fresh 80. On one hand, it would be nice for it to be retroactive for all characters, but in the other hand, when we're talking about what amounts to a couple of rank 5s for the vets, which is a negligible boost
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

1 exp point for each lvl only gives you 80 exp points. This may sound like alot, but really it's not!

In short, good for them, and who cares?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Ask the low level pvpers who will level certain chars never to 80, who cares (and there are still a lot of them. also, if someone spends dozens of dollars to buy purple low level armor or vanity armor, i guess you can expect them to spent dollars for a few months sub as well to gain a significant amount of AA points).
    Or the veteran f2p players, if they had cared about the special offers, if there were AA points thrown in for every alt as well.

If you have Turan and fresh 80s, the points can make quite a difference to surviving the solo grind isles as well and add lots of dps, survival or heal to people doing old world.
    Point is, something like that would be tempting to use the special sub offers (or even normal subbing for one or more months), even if the people intended to go f2p again later. In my naivity i thought some money would be better than no money and happy customers better than annoyed ones...sorry about that.

But the GD said to wait a few days and i will do just that now to see what comes out from this.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th May 2013 at 22:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Ask the low level pvpers who will level certain chars never to 80, who cares (and there are still a lot of them. also, if someone spends dozens of dollars to buy purple low level armor or vanity armor, i guess you can expect them to spent dollars for a few months sub as well to gain a significant amount of AA points).
    Or the veteran f2p players, if they had cared about the special offers, if there were AA points thrown in for every alt as well.

If you have Turan and fresh 80s, the points can make quite a difference to surviving the solo grind isles as well and add lots of dps, survival or heal to people doing old world.
    Point is, something like that would be tempting to use the special sub offers (or even normal subbing for one or more months), even if the people intended to go f2p again later. In my naivity i thought some money would be better than no money and happy customers better than annoyed ones...sorry about that.

But the GD said to wait a few days and i will do just that now to see what comes out from this.

What?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast