Thread: Will code fixes fix slow loading screens/freezes

Default Will code fixes fix slow loading screens/freezes

Yeah

Will code fixes fix slow loading screens/freezes

I think loading screens in AoC are unacceptable compared to graphical quality.
    I understand if Skyrim takes long time to load when using 4k texture mods and stuff
    But AoC with low textures (high in settings) is slow like mad. Invisible players and stuff loading slow.

Only fix for this is SSD, but its not option for everyone because they cost much. I got one, but still many people whine this daily on global

No matter if i play with comp which has 4gb ram or 8gb ram. i7 cpu or amd bulldozer
    In Tera there is superior texture quality and zones load almost instantly and no lag during player/object load

Rant because Dragon had 2% left and screen freeze and i did not get quest update xD
    Last edited by darknessjw; 25th May 2013 at 19:48.

Meh, there's also much work that could be done regarding CPU and GPU usage. Have you monitored what happens in those boss fights on a good PC? My GPU is at like 10-15% during those fights and the game makes really poor use of the multiple cores of my CPU (it behaves like an old single threaded game, kind of).
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    (it behaves like an old single threaded game, kind of).
    Because it IS.