Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 year event. Your opinion so far?!

Thumbs down 5 year event. Your opinion so far?!

The /claim items. A potion no vet will ever use, a leather social chest and wrist and fireworks with a 9 hour cooldown. Pretty piss poor imo.

Now to the events!

Day 1: Dragon dying at 70%, Dragon not spawning. No decent loot. No on screen message when its spawning, you have to wait around for hours.
    1 out of 10.

Day 2: Whale swimming around khemi harbour not target-able, no on screen message when (if) its happening. Extremely boring.
    0 out of 10.
    Last edited by monk4y; 24th May 2013 at 12:26.

The whole event is supposed to last 5 days.

Each days there's a new boss we can fight.

Day 1 = 1 dragon, with a kraken lurking around but not yet figthable.

Day 2 = 1 dragon + that kraken which is now figthable, plus one more boss visible but not yet figthable.

Day 3 = 1 dragon + 1 kraken + that third boss which is now figthable.

Etc etc.
    Makes sense ?

I would say, let's wait to see what happens along those 5 days before posting nasty critics, just to avoid being mistaken for some grumpy spoiled kid.

Kraken for 20 minutes to get some more fermented brain juice ****? Waste of time.

I got "Coloring the Sky" from the Kraken. Oh yeah.

Got a pot for 75K mastery myself. Have seen people flash T1-T3 drops.

For me this isn't about loot but the experience which was fun (Vissy didn't die at 70% for me).
    As for brain juices... Well, I wouldn't mind getting some of those, so I'll be checking the trader. A silver a piece sounds good?

If you don't like the event or the loot, you should really go back to the gear-grind, where the outcome/loot of that is predictable. The event will be a waste of your time

So far I think these events are very well done. Bugs are to be expected and as long as they are fixed ASAP only QQers can really complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Kraken for 20 minutes to get some more fermented brain juice ****? Waste of time.
    my thoughts exactly lol

Quote Originally Posted by monk4y View Post
    The /claim items. A potion no vet will ever use, a leather social chest and wrist and fireworks with a 9 hour cooldown. Pretty piss poor imo.

Now to the events!

Day 1: Dragon dying at 70%, Dragon not spawning. No decent loot. No on screen message when its spawning, you have to wait around for hours.
    1 out of 10.

Day 2: Whale swimming around khemi harbour not target-able, no on screen message when (if) its happening. Extremely boring.
    0 out of 10.
    i just waited like 2 hours for nothing. i did participated through whole match but no rewards. maybe i didn't deal enough damage because i was only level 64? if so i'm doing this event ever again wasting my time.

The basic idea is nice and follows what they said: "strange creatures appear"

But the engine (or many clients) are not up to the challenge and moving part of the celebrations to a pvp zone was a bad idea
    (This whole event reminds me, how good it was they scrapped the world boss "pvp" idea).

There are also some changes that are rather good (the 200 instead of 60 points thing, the khitai lookin option, the armor (can't hurt you, if you manage to get it on claim and not clog up your inventory)).

What certainly lacks is some information (be it a claimable quest, some clues at where and when bosses appear etc.). The technical execution (when in a city the boss fight lags ALOT a lot and when in an instance you sometimes can NOT zone in or find the one your group is in) and the rewards are really a bit low so far (random loot boxes? come on...nothing against a random element, but at least give some "sure" reward for doing the quest and waiting for hours...some people have work to do during the week and not time to play (celebration or not) 2-4 hours in a row every day). Also some item for f2p like the conan armor would have been nice (if premium get a leather armor, maybe f2p could have gotten a worn peasant rag?). The seasonal events (especially the solstice one) all felt more like a celebration because they included everyone, offered nice side content (even dancing and drinking!) and gave rewards you could choose from (not raid needed for random loots).

But as someone says, that can improve ... though i hope the big bang at the end is not a server crash! (client crashes thanks to the event are "fun" enough. before someone smarts: i play already on low to medium settings with raid and pvp particles!)

All in all though the expectations were quite high for a 5 year celebration (though if you have been around it all could be seen a bit calmer and more objective e.g. lowered expectations)...but still a few days to go (personally i will not bother anymore, neither with dragon or kraken, because it was just bad experience (crashes trying to get to the right instance, 3 hour wait for 10 minutes frozen client during the fight. Perhaps there is some nice gimmick at the end available to everyone) and real life things over the weekend). Maybe the ten year celebration will be with less latency and a better engine optimization for "full" instances.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Svadilfare View Post
    Got a pot for 75K mastery myself. Have seen people flash T1-T3 drops.

For me this isn't about loot but the experience which was fun (Vissy didn't die at 70% for me).
    As for brain juices... Well, I wouldn't mind getting some of those, so I'll be checking the trader. A silver a piece sounds good?

If you don't like the event or the loot, you should really go back to the gear-grind, where the outcome/loot of that is predictable. The event will be a waste of your time

So far I think these events are very well done. Bugs are to be expected and as long as they are fixed ASAP only QQers can really complain about it
    I could agree. However, if it is for the experience, why cough up Yak in a different form? Why not give something as little as an AA for doing it and something as grand as Tier gear. Why not make it class specific or vanity armor? I found the fight boring, since its yak, and the loot less than spectacular, perhaps because its the same loot I get every holiday event from funcom. Just my opinion.

Because the devs are recycling models for a temporary boss in order not to waste ressources? Besides there is something Nice about seeing old foes again. Hadn't seen Vistrix in a long time, but he was always a favorite of mine.
    Unique vanity set, raid armour and weapons.
    I'm frankly surprised at the generousity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast