Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning player, a little stuck

Default Returning player, a little stuck

Hi there!

I've got an 80 Conqueror that I got to 80 a few years ago but never played, but I seem to have been hacked at some point between then and now (I've changed my password and all), so I've got a question - With a level 80 who has no gear and money, how can I remedy this? :s

I'd like to avoid rerolling as I'm not the biggest fan of levelling, heh.

I've also got 124 Veteran tokens, so if they can be used to help..

Thanks for reading!

Well its several things you need to do.
    First of all get ur perks running, set the timer to get some ncie perks. (press K to open)
    Get some faction gear, get friendly with a faction..for Conq I know at least the Wolfes of the steppes got some nice gear.
    Then try get into some groups to get some rares to buy faction gear...do some raids maybe, if u got shitty gear try start with T1 raids.
    In short, get busy mate ;-)

PS: u can buy imperial insignias with vet tokens..those u can use to buy urself higher rank with factions to save time.

Quote Originally Posted by AoCSh1ntu View Post
    Hi there!

I've got an 80 Conqueror that I got to 80 a few years ago but never played, but I seem to have been hacked at some point between then and now (I've changed my password and all), so I've got a question - With a level 80 who has no gear and money, how can I remedy this? :s

I'd like to avoid rerolling as I'm not the biggest fan of levelling, heh.

I've also got 124 Veteran tokens, so if they can be used to help..

Thanks for reading!

Let the grind begin.. I really doubt FC can help u since its prob a while ago u got hacked...

To OP,

I would reroll your class because Funcom is doing a special right now where you get 1 Expertise point for your AA's for each level.

This would give you 80 AA points to start off with. It takes a lot of time to get that many points.
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    To OP,

I would reroll your class because Funcom is doing a special right now where you get 1 Expertise point for your AA's for each level.

This would give you 80 AA points to start off with. It takes a lot of time to get that many points.
    Rolling a fresh Conq is a good way to relearn things. But don't do it for the eighty AA points. You can earn those points far faster at level 80 than by leveling.

I don't think it's a "special," either. So you're not missing out if you don't level a character immediately.

To answer the OP's specific question: Khitai gear is awesome. Limp through the first few quests -- focus on deliveries and non-kill quests if you're dying -- until you know your combos and abilities again. Next, look for T1 sweeps (the Tier 1 raids): raids are forming all the time, and I've seen people get 2-3 pieces in a night (or at the very least, "relics" for purchasing pieces). Check the Conqueror class forum for tips on which Khitai faction armor to focus on. edit: Oh, and use the vet points for a few permanent paths (The capitals are cheap and handy, and if especially if you do the Tier 1/2 raids a lot, get The Lair, Kheshatta, the Field of the Dead one, maybe Hunting Lodge); also, the veteran bag is pricey but very nice. Or you could get an epic mount -- makes getting around Khitai so much less of a pain -- but you can grind one of those up too, so I say go for the bag. Or buy one/both in the item shop.
    Last edited by Prima; 23rd May 2013 at 21:42.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Thanks for the replies!

I ran around last night after getting to Khitai trying to do quests and such but.. I think I may just reroll. It was fairly frustrating >.<

Quote Originally Posted by AoCSh1ntu View Post
    Thanks for the replies!

I ran around last night after getting to Khitai trying to do quests and such but.. I think I may just reroll. It was fairly frustrating >.<
    Maybe try gear up some somewhere else before goin there ;-)

Restarting is a good idea if you don't even remember how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Restarting is a good idea if you don't even remember how to play.
    Yes. Or play a new one until you've figured it out again, then go back.

If Khitai is too hard, go back to Kheshatta for a bit. Time-train your AA. Mine ores and sell them on the trader, then buy blue culture armor. And hit those Tier1/2 raids for purples. Enjoy the journey! The only thing at the end is standing in line and waiting for the random number generator to deliver a minor upgrade.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I have "retro levelled" a couple of characters i forgot how to play. Took them up to about lvl 50 to get all the basics right. Then i could hop back to the other toon.

But now with the aa freebies, it might just be worth levelling all the way depending on how your aas look on your older toon
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast