Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: free 80 aa points with membership?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    I think it was for those who recently leveled up to 80. 80 AA points is the equivalent of 60 days timed AA. So if you have a character over 2 months 'old' then you should in theory already have 80 AAs used.
    nop, highest is 59, and i spend ages on him to doing 59 minis, and what now is that soon i will be facing 59 level enemies who with 59 aa points..... its make me feel like when i bought 100g gold, and somebody told me now gold are pieces of junk,

You guys do have to remember that implementing something like this, it's impossible to do for every character fairly. I mean...people are making new characters every day, leveling every day.

It's like with anything new or a sale at a local store, or the interest rate on your car/home loan. It is what it is today. Tomorrow it could change for other people, but you can't go to your car dealership and say "You sold me this car with a 5% rate yesterday, but you're selling the exact same car today to someone else for 3%. I want the 3% too." Things just don't work like that.

Today this offer started for all newly earned levels. If Joel can make it retro active for premium subscribers with level 80 characters already, he'll let us know, but you guys can't just expect it and think that's a fair demand. Today is the offer start date. Not yesterday, not last week, not at launch.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Angry

... Imagine how many times you are going to come back to the car dealer who more or less hooped you on your rate on the car after you had been a loyal customer at their dealership for 5 years. I would hazard a guess at yould be done dealing with this less than supportive car dealer.
    Rock breakin for PVP??
    Rock breakin is fer pansies!!!

Thumbs down The point remains...

I have been a subscriber for 18 months now. My L 80 primary char may have 80 AA points, but they've all been hard to earn. If you're giving them away, Funcom, then those of us who have been long time members deserve them as well. Don't short those of us who have supported this game all of these years, and give away stuff that the rest of us have had to earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    You guys do have to remember that implementing something like this, it's impossible to do for every character fairly.
    You gal have to remember that it's actually quite easy. Just give AA points equal to their current level to all characters that had an active subscription this morning. Done.

Okay, there might the occasional player who acquired one or more levels while not having an active sub. But... so what? It's all just entries in a database. No ressources are wasted, nobody would feel cheated, everybody is happier than before.

Talking

the issue is

New AA implement for f2p

world encounters giving away T1

5 yr vets and T4 hausigns feeling shorted oh at conan's battlements pfft

why not give boxes of expertise urns that's all were saying
    Last edited by sgtMassDozer; 23rd May 2013 at 20:04.

Agree with tommyboy66 here...they better come up with something for vets or old 80s. Done like this, it ridicules the whole argument of "closing the AA gap".

Easy solution:
    Keep the levelling script you developed.
    Award every char that is on a premium account now and every toon that is f2p now, but goes premium later lvl-1 AA points ONCE.

The big unfair part here lies in changing an existing system in a onesided favour towards new chars without giving the old chars a chance (except deleting and rerolling, loosing everthing else). With the above solution, no one can complain to not have known and not having a chance to get the same AA (they can sub before levelling and be on par or choose to go f2p and miss out the rest of AA points to 80).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd May 2013 at 19:41.

as a new player who love this game so much, i would like to see a better environment for sure. i ve seem many old player unhappy about this free aa activity..

i understand the promotion purpose of this event, but IMO, it is also beneft to FC if give those 80 aa to all the toons, all player should have per level aa points, no matter premium or non premium.
    Player who pay monthly could use those AA, while f2p will need to subscript to use those aa.( it is very good promotion for non premium player isnt it? 80 aa point could really give non premium a shot to push them become premium member ).
    i am still a university student, get level 59 spend me long enough as i m very busy on my study aswell, limit gametime are not allow me to level another toon for that 58 points, im sure there are many people who have the same situation.

I'm a veteran. I wouldn't turn down 80 free AA points. But expect them? No.

Here's what being a veteran means to me:
    • I get 2AA an hour just questing.
    • I get 5AA an hour time-training all my 80s.
    • I have friends that will take me places even on an ungeared character, or top dungeons on my mains.
    • I can play a character in greens like a newer player would in blues/purps
    • I know how to get around the world fast, where the best quest circuits and grinding are, how to get AA/gear/tokens in a fraction of the time that a newbie would take
    • I know how to optimize my AA points (know how many newbies max out a feat before moving on to the next one? or drop points in a dozen feats before realizing they can't slot them all? etc.)
    • I have free mounts, giant free bags, free XP potions, free....... from the vet shop.
    • I could roll a new character at the same time as a newbie, hit 30, offline to 80, and be throwing out FH/TW by the end of the weekend, before the new player has earned 20AA in Tortage.

With five 80s, millions of alts, and an increasingly short to-do list, 600-700 free AA would just be one giant step closer to running out of reasons to play.

As for "showing respect to vets": There's a vet shop. The Game Director is awake. Funcom doesn't "owe" me for something. I didn't spend my years in AoC strapped to the Wheel of Pain. I was offered content, I paid for that content (only $7/month because I /amazon), and I did that content (actually, I haven't even finished what I've already paid for yet). That's my reward for being a veteran.
    Last edited by Prima; 23rd May 2013 at 21:10.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

I logged in today and the only things I saw were in the shop: free fireworks (stil have this from previous years), a social chest (reminds of the social gear from the Momoan movie) and a potion that doesn't do much for lvl 80 toons. No AA points (for multiple 80's it would really do much).In short I got nothing.
    It's good to try and attract new players or convert f2ps to paying subscribers but what about the people that have been paying all along?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast