Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: free 80 aa points with membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    You guys do have to remember that implementing something like this, it's impossible to do for every character fairly. I mean...people are making new characters every day, leveling every day.

It's like with anything new or a sale at a local store, or the interest rate on your car/home loan. It is what it is today. Tomorrow it could change for other people, but you can't go to your car dealership and say "You sold me this car with a 5% rate yesterday, but you're selling the exact same car today to someone else for 3%. I want the 3% too." Things just don't work like that.

Today this offer started for all newly earned levels. If Joel can make it retro active for premium subscribers with level 80 characters already, he'll let us know, but you guys can't just expect it and think that's a fair demand. Today is the offer start date. Not yesterday, not last week, not at launch.
    Actually you are incorrect as pretty much all car dealers have a match and or beat it price even after you buy it up to 1 year for some dealers. Most stores now have the same thing where you buy something and if it comes on sale within a certain time period they will give you the difference plus a extra 5-10% back. It should very well be back offered and it would only be fair to do so.

Sorry, but this isn't like a discounted sub price, or a sale on a box version. It's a change to a gameplay mechanic that has serious implications to people who's only mistake was paying for the game before today.

IMO, Funcom should have made sure that these paying customers weren't going to get screwed by this before even putting the system into place.

It's a shame, I was really liking the new game, but if this is how Funcom is treating it's customers these days, then I'm out.

Sucks for lvl 39 59 mini 39 aa points is a lot at that level

Quote Originally Posted by TBird69 View Post
    Actually you are incorrect as pretty much all car dealers have a match and or beat it price even after you buy it up to 1 year for some dealers. Most stores now have the same thing where you buy something and if it comes on sale within a certain time period they will give you the difference plus a extra 5-10% back. It should very well be back offered and it would only be fair to do so.
    The certain time is 30 days max. Would you be happy if they back offered it for toons made 30 days from implementation? The whole thing is moot and probably would be pointless to do if you offered it to everyone. Then again it would be pointless for my toons I guess, maybe I could finally finish off that double tap buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkush View Post
    The certain time is 30 days max. Would you be happy if they back offered it for toons made 30 days from implementation? The whole thing is moot and probably would be pointless to do if you offered it to everyone. Then again it would be pointless for my toons I guess, maybe I could finally finish off that double tap buff.
    Depends on what store one goes to I've been to some that offer it for 6 months and as I said some car dealers do it for up to 1 year. Regardless since a continued or new sub needs to be purchased then it would only be proper to include all characters independent of their date of their creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    I'm a veteran. I wouldn't turn down 80 free AA points. But expect them? No.

Here's what being a veteran means to me:
    [LIST][*]I get 2AA an hour just questing. [*]I get 5AA an hour time-training all my 80s. [*]I have friends that will take me places even on an ungeared character, or top dungeons on my mains. [*]I can play a character in greens like a newer player would in blues/purps
    Now, think of new players who just reached level 80. They get the short end of the stick. Players starting right now might overtake them in AA-levels. Is that reasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Now, think of new players who just reached level 80. They get the short end of the stick. Players starting right now might overtake them in AA-levels. Is that reasonable?
    No, just as the whole idea of getting 1 AA per level.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Okay. Yes. Brand-new players to the game, who somehow know what hard-modes are, who don't want to do the solo/normal content before hard-modes, and who are able to find a hard-mode PUG that would have taken a complete newbie in leveling greens "if only s/he had AA" ... those people are going to have to slum it. As in, do what everyone else in the game before them did (or reroll). Is there a single person who falls in that category, though?

(That's the real irony about the veterans complaining that there is nothing in this for them. The vast majority of people leveling up and thus who will benefit from this change are veterans, whose alts now won't have to jump through all the same early, pre-AA hoops again.)

No, the one set of people that is actually at a disadvantage if retroactive AA doesn't happen are the pure PVPers. If you just leveled to 80 and wanted to start PVPing without AA ... yow. Now even people who level up after you are going to have more AA than you. Either reroll or invest in a lot of lube. At least Unchained minis will help level the playing field.
    Last edited by Prima; 24th May 2013 at 06:03.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

You can't simply say it is a complaint. It makes me feel i am dealing with a lottery supplier and not with a serious company sometimes
    As someone said earlier...it is not a "special offer", it is an unbalancing change of game mechanics without fixing things (which would be possible and i hope they still do it). They did it good with the new pvp levels (applying a multiplier to xp and adding more levels to get), now imagine the "fun", if they had chosen to just give a certain type of chars or class a blunt set of xp?

I have several new 80s and am premium and now i am not even getting company in the normal modes i need for rares (because my guess is these "new" alts (especially if they are vet alts who know the content already and have enough friends to allow them moving right up to KK hm grind once they have the AA) will just skip normal modes).
    Funcom just told me, that my premium sub is less worth than the premium sub of lower levels, only because i made the mistake of paying and playing before. It is not just the pvpers at disadvantage, but basically people with old alts on hold as well (those who got to 80, but are not ready for hardmodes AA and GEARWISE).
    ALso people have used offline levels to be able to use timed AA levelling and wasted precious RL time managing and logging through chars, just to realize they would have gotten a LOT more AAs by just waiting and offline levelling now. Nice, eh?
    And nicer even, if you think about that only rerolling toons will change that (including the quests for armors, levelling to 30, new friend list, probably new appearance etc.).

As usual they mix a good idea (getting AAs while levelling IS a good idea) with a really bad one (giving these points not to everyone in a fair manner). Coding is not an excuse really, because you can award points oncce and still apply that level up script.
    Problem is, the longer they wait with a global fix (e.g. giving everyone the points according to level once), the harder it will get, because there will be chars with AAs from levelling when that fix will be applied
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Okay. Yes. Brand-new players to the game, who somehow know what hard-modes are, who don't want to do the solo/normal content before hard-modes, and who are able to find a hard-mode PUG that would have taken a complete newbie in leveling greens "if only s/he had AA" ... those people are going to have to slum it. As in, do what everyone else in the game before them did (or reroll). Is there a single person who falls in that category, though?

(That's the real irony about the veterans complaining that there is nothing in this for them. The vast majority of people leveling up and thus who will benefit from this change are veterans, whose alts now won't have to jump through all the same early, pre-AA hoops again.)

No, the one set of people that is actually at a disadvantage if retroactive AA doesn't happen are the pure PVPers. If you just leveled to 80 and wanted to start PVPing without AA ... yow. Now even people who level up after you are going to have more AA than you. Either reroll or invest in a lot of lube. At least Unchained minis will help level the playing field.
    "reroll"...that is NEVER a solution in an MMORPG. That is telling your paying customers that their time investment, offline leveling points spent,and item shop points spent, don't matter at all.

As you've already mentioned...this issue doesn't matter to you. You have umpteen level 80 alts, all already quite advanced. But there are a lot of other paying people who don't, and to whom this issue is a blatant slap in the face.

Catching up to people who subbed AFTER us is such an absurd concept that I can't even begin to imagine how this was thought to be a good idea.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast