Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    They do, when? If they even don't care to post in english announcement that landed in French forum 25h ago.

And all we going to get get is wrote down there:
    - AA for leveling (good)
    - XP boost (like leveling wouldn't be quick enough and we haven't reach xp cap with pots that are already available)
    - 140 or 200fc points more, I don't know French and google translator may not be 100% accurate
    That's all. We should be tankful. But somehow I'm not. I wonder why.
    And yet you are subscribed and so you were clearly happy with the *old* deal.

Do you see why this disconnect between what you are saying here and what you are doing in reality makes it *really* hard for *me* to make significant changes?

Let's go over this. I want to update the subscription to convert more free players to subscribers.
    I make several proposals to a diverse team of managers, marketers and business peeps.

I get all the concessions that fall under "stuff the dev team can do". I get some minor concessions in other areas, including a points increase. My proposed amount was much higher.

Feel free to complain. Just understand that by being happy with the old deal, you made my bargaining points weaker.

Plus, complaining about an improvement seems counter intuitive when you weren't complaining about the old setup.

Did turning subscribers into non-subscribers come into the equation? Or because there are so little current subscribers it made better business sense to focus on new players and converting free players?

Much thanks for your previous honest answers. Refreshing after dealing with previous management.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Did turning subscribers into non-subscribers come into the equation? Or because there are so little current subscribers it made better business sense to focus on new players and converting free players?

Much thanks for your previous honest answers. Refreshing after dealing with previous management.
    The general business logic is that if people are subscribed, then adding improvements to the subscription won't cause them to unsubscribe.

I can't see how improvements to subscription can cause people to be upset...maybe I am getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And yet you are subscribed and so you were clearly happy with the *old* deal.
    I'd counsel you to be careful about that correlation. I'm subscribed because I like the game and I grudgingly accepted the subscription cost. That is a bit different than "clearly happy".

Do you see why this disconnect between what you are saying here and what you are doing in reality makes it *really* hard for *me* to make significant changes?
    Frankly, no, I don't. Being unhappy with a deal but accepting it as the best available at the time, yet hoping for an improvement, is not unheard of.

Let's go over this. I want to update the subscription to convert more free players to subscribers.
    I make several proposals to a diverse team of managers, marketers and business peeps.

I get all the concessions that fall under "stuff the dev team can do". I get some minor concessions in other areas, including a points increase. My proposed amount was much higher.
    And I'm sure we're all appreciative of the efforts you're making in improving the game and the subscription benefits. But don't expect us to sing your praises for doing your job when we are underwhelmed by what you managed to achieve (your explanation here sounds like you are doing us a favour - not sure if that's what you intended to convey). While your presence in the community, your communication and the effort you are making to improve things are certainly appreciated, we still pay a sub and want to see good things come of that. I shudder to think how much I've spent on this game in the past five years, but I have enjoyed myself, so in some way, it's been worth it.

Feel free to complain. Just understand that by being happy with the old deal, you made my bargaining points weaker.
    See my above point. Subscribed does not necessarily mean happy.

Plus, complaining about an improvement seems counter intuitive when you weren't complaining about the old setup.
    Banging your head against a wall until it's a bloody pulp isn't productive, either, so you stop. But when someone makes a door in that wall that's too small for you to fit through, it's not going to suddenly make you happy.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

It's okay, even though i don't understand why the announcement was made in french only on the forums ^^
    200 pts is better than the 60 previous un-noticeable one. We should take this as a first step in the right direction and i'm glad it was quickly taken by Funcom cause the previous f2p vs sub model is clearly one of the worst i've encountered in the markets. I would be happy if it continues to approach the Lotro/DDO one, they're the most successful/populars freemium model.

The idea of xp item would be a little better if it affects also AA xp gained from monsters, even if i don't know about interactions with raid boss (giving already tons of AA xp atm).

AA for leveling is a good decision (and was a recurrent suggestion), kudos for that !

And for the record, the improvements to the premium model do look good and will hopefully help new players/new characters catch up with vets/old characters a little bit.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

I'm afraid you couldn't be wrong more. I did not complain before because no one was offering me to give anything better.

I'm not saying new offer is bad/worse, because it's obvious for anyone that having more is better than less.

I'm complaining that changes are insignificant. That's two different things. And how much time those minor changes needed. You said yourself not so long ago, that you are not making any promises because we would expect to get more and quicker. And that only shows how right that is.

It wasn't me who mention stick and carrot when talking about Premium membership. And it's still stick and carrot is so small is barely to see.

And yes. I'm keeping subscription open. But not for game itself, but people I tend to play with. It's the only way for me to enjoy time together. Once they all gone - and chance for that with increased ping after moving servers to US and prolonged time without any content update - I'll be gone too.

Because subscription or not existing game updates cannot offer me anything I'll may enjoy if my guild would disband.

So yeah, is nice to say how few people are paying for AoC when item shop prices are ripe off, you have don't have resources for content updates and I'm told to be happy because you gave me 1$ in fictional currency after almost 3 months of waiting since your post that mentioned increasing subscription value.

Is so fun, especially when I'm playing and seeing veteran and subscribers bonuses in TSW.

I'm so terrible, ungrateful customer who keepes sub alive almost whole 5 years. Burn me at the stake.
    Last edited by bogus; 22nd May 2013 at 17:09.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

The general business logic is that if people are subscribed, then adding improvements to the subscription won't cause them to unsubscribe.

I can't see how improvements to subscription can cause people to be upset...maybe I am getting old
    Hear that. The level of entitlement of mmo players is pretty hardcore.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by bogus View Post
    I'm so terrible, ungrateful customer who keepes sub alive almost whole 5 years. Burn me at the stake.
    I am a terrible, horrible Game Director who increased the value of your subscription after several years. Burn *me* at the stake.

I am a terrible, horrible Game Director who increased the value of your subscription after several years. Burn *me* at the stake.
    My customers didn't put me on a pedestal for my mostly nominal improvement to their sub...I guess I'd better mock them!

Come on, man...that's not exactly cool.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast