Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

LOL AA is NOT needed for T3 period.

Obviously it makes it alot easier

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I see a lot of arguments being made about new players benefiting more than vets.

These arguments fail to convince. The vast majority of new players starts out as ftp and thus doesn't benefit from the move. People who benefit the most are vets with a subscription who powerlevel yet another alt to level 80.

And the only people who "suffer" from the change are subscribers who powerlevelled yet another alt to 80 less than two months ago (80 AAs = 60 das of time training). Note that these players are not at a disadvantage vs new players who by and large are FTP, but only against other vets who powerlevel an alt within the next two months max.

So clearly the argument that new players are receiving better treatment than vets fails.

If anything, I think that the way FC hands out AAs doesn't really provide new players with the right incentives to subscribe at the point when they are most likely to do so (I believe that this is when they reach level 80 - ofc Funcom data might prove me wrong). In order to achieve this, it would probably be better to give any toon 80 AA points as soon as both of the following conditions are met (i) the toon reaches level 80, and (ii) the account has a subscription, irrespective of whether the user had a subscription while levelling the toon.
    That's why i tried to replace "new player" with "new char" whenever i thought about it. Might have slipped through a few times though.

What you suggest will solve the problem of existing low level chars (no one will have much AA, except from playing and a limited set of potions). Also there will be an incentive to resub if you have lots of existing chars and want to do the endgame content.
    But i fear the kid fell into the well already...i did not mention that a fair solution has to come fast without reason (one reason i am pressing the issue).

Let me illustrate some things they should consider when choosing a fair measure:
    Just during the time of festivities a lot of chars will have levelled up as premium...some may even had gone from premium to f2p in that period (not many likely, but the longer they wait the more of probability).
    If they link the "fix" to the time the char was created, they still leave out older twinks without AA.
    Some of the older chars might not have levelled as premium, so maybe they should choose a number of AA high enough to be valid to the purpose and still lower than the full amount a new levelling char gets now, if fully premium all the time (still i think i will not be harmful and definitely easier to avoid anymore trouble to just give the same amount, but if you choose 0.9 AA instead of 1 AA per level as blunt number, i doubt many will complain. Or they come up with another fair and uncomplicated solution).

Bottom line is, unless you are Free to Play, there is absolutely nothing different about your account from May 23 that is any different from any one else'.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    If Joel were to look back and say 'how can I give something to the vets since these bonus AAs do more for new players?' I'd rather he look at the vet rewards or player housing/trophy rooms, or some cool cloak that indicates how many years I've been subbed or something like that.
    Yes, Yes, Yes. This is what Vets should be talking about, not complaining about missing out on a few AA's. Some more things targeted at Veteran Players who only play toons at the end game would be wonderful.

Expanding the Veteran system would be nice too, as we haven't had much to buy there in years and I have tons of Veteran points leftover with nothing special to spend them on.

Don't make it sound, like they did not already do that (for years)...

Most of it was already discussed and suggested over at the old forums till people called that "qq" and "unrealistic whine" as well.

Since the OP is about the extra AAs on level 80 toons, and since we have an official announcement here, I'll be closing this one down.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223