Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    Help us, Obi-Nusquam. You're our only hope!

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    Help us, Obi-Nusquam. You're our only hope!

:P
    dont expect too much buddy, i understand why didnt they gave the aa to all old toon, as if doing this way, the gap between new and old are still there. it still didnt help reduce the gap, IMO, at least they are trying, and solving the problems, but if they set a period of time, such as month or week, should be work. perhaps, maybe...well... i still didnt get benefits from that on my 80s, but atleast for those who just recently leveld a new toon, seems fair enough....

wait and give them sometime to solve the problems, no one perfect in this world

Of course it can reduce the gap. Just mathematics:

Assuming you have a non-linear powerprogression (like in aoc) and you add a set number of the variable responsible for "power" it closes the gap differently for everyone, depending on the characters actual powerlevel.

One example are pvp levels. If you add a blunt number of 1000 pvp xp the lower levels (who need a few thousand only) will benefit a lot more percentile than higher levels (who will need a few ten thousands).
    Or you take a square root function. If you look at p(x) = sqrt (x), with p as power and x as AA as only input variable (for simplification here) and you give a fixed increase to x, then the power will increase fast to a certain level moving lesser powered quickly up, while already high powered will not increase much in power.

In addition to that: What about all the 80s and low levels already levelled? They don't deserve a "closed gap" as well? And the low level (pvp) toons?
    At least they could be honest and say, that they don't think this group is large or important enoug to them. But trying so stubbornly to sell something wrong (NOT the levelling script, but offering nothing to vets is the wrong here) as right, is just low.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th May 2013 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Of course it would reduce the gap. Just mathematics:

Assuming you have a non-linear powerprogression (like in aoc) and you add a set number of "power" it can close the gap for sure, depending exactly on that progression.
    One example are pvp levels. If you add a blunt number of 1000 pvp xp the lower levels (who need a few thousand only) will benefit a lot more percentile than higher levels (who will need a few ten thousands).
    Or you take a square root function. If you look at p(x) = sqrt (x), with p as power and x as AA as only input variable (for simplification here) and you give a fixed increase to x, then the power will increase fast to a certain level moving lesser powered quickly up, while already high powered will not increase much in power.

In addition to that: What about all the 80s and low levels already levelled? They don't deserve a "closed gap" as well? And the low level pvp toons?
    At least they could be honest and say, that they don't think this group is large or important enoug to them. But trying so stubbornly to sell something wrong (NOT the levelling script, but offering nothing to vets is the wrong here) as right, is just low.
    my old toon have feed 4 gold perk for 4 point, and all magic wards for 3 point each, plus a class main perk, i dont wanna calculate how much aa is that, and my new have only feed 1 point in DS and PS, thats the distance between two of my toon, if they give them both 80 aa, the gap is still there aa, my new toon still need grinding , grinding and grinding to catch up the step of my old toon, the gap is still there, simple like that....

I know that the distance between "just started" and "full" AA is quite huge . You just had to be there to "feel" that, when right after khitai people had filled up their trees with exploits very fast.

I must excuse, if i was not very clear about which gap i meant. I choose some easy examples to show that a fixed increase can help a lot at the start (if for example like this case, the aim is to lower the gap between "just started" and "ready for hardmodes") while it will not add much inbalance for more advanced powerlevels. The progression curve in aoc is certainly not as simple as a squareroot and more likely a superposition of several functions (also not dependant on AA alone) though.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th May 2013 at 21:02.

All I can see as a result of all the complaining is that our GD has learned he shouldn't add benefits to our AoC accounts. 80 AA points is almost nothing. Sure it's a great boost for starting toons, but for anyone who's had a level 80 for more than a couple of months it's not all that great at all.

For a little while (last year I think) if you created a new F2P account you got a white tiger mount. It wasn't a sub offer, it was just part of creating a new account. Of course, you couldn't use that tiger unless you subbed because you had no access to "advanced riding training". Where are all the complaints that it's not fair that someone creating a new account last year got free tiger mounts?

Why should he learn that?
    Surely he is professional enough to not take funded criticism personal. And that the level up script to gain AA in itself is a step in the right direction is not argued about, isn't it? I still hope he will realize the problems that come with it in its current form as well (maybe after a good nights rest or some different counsel) and take countermeasures (the easiest one imo was mentioned a lot already, but he and his collegues might come up with something more fair and even better still). I doubt revenues will drop, if they admit an error and fix it by give something to veterans as well.

As for the tiger: There were complaints (quite a few actually), as far as i remember.

That offer did not affect low level pvp.
    Also, if a white tiger can be considered a "power increase" or more of a "convenience" part is argueable.
    You say it was a limited offer, so veterans could not count with every new player riding a white tiger.
    Vets could also either buy a tiger at the shop, get a better one ingame or get one through special offers and packages without "unlevelling" or "deleting" their toons.

Even back then: Had they not only offered it to new f2p accounts, but to existing f2p accounts as well as an option to resub, do you think the revenue/cost would have been worse? (i have a vague memory at that time were alternative and special offers for premiums and subs as well. I am sure, if we look at the old forums while they are still there, this can be solved, if necessary).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th May 2013 at 21:39.

Just do the f****** normal modes like we have done for years. Maybe you also know a bit about playing your toon than before coming to a HM group and wiping us for having zero idea how your class is supposed to be played at endgame level...

If you mean me, i would really like to do just that, since for me normal modes are the most fun and fastest way to get rares (and i need quite a few, while still subbed). So, when and where do you these normal modes (if you still do them)?

Nusquam, how about giving veteran subscribers (the people who have been playing -and most importantly -paying for the game since it was launched) something useful and requested like player housing? The veteran points don't do much anymore as there is a limited variety of items (the paths are useful and most people have them all). A veteran with multiple 80 toons has most AAs maxed but could use the extra storage space as well as trophy room. It would be a nice gift to veteran players.

Joel is taking good time to explain everything and its 100 % clear and not unfair at all
    Some of you sound like kids who whine if you don't get that "red bike" lol

But in AoC you can get that "red bike", just roll new alt and let him be nine year old

Giving AAs for old characters would be whole different thing, no where is info that you get it. Just new characters get it, not new players, BUT characters with sub

There is no difference between new player and old player, both of you get them if you make new character, again, not player
    Last edited by darknessjw; 27th May 2013 at 01:13.