Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

A good number of veterans have many level 80 toons so the "80 AA points" is not as huge as it sounds (for vets). If you have advanced through the AAs, 80 points will give you the opportunity to fill in the last point in 2-4 of the 5 point feats (which usually amounts to 1% increase in whatever stat).
    This will benefit new subscribers (new to game or new to premium) rather than veterans. It still is a welcome addition since it is an incentive to buy subscription rather than imposing limits.

I do not have a problem with the idea of giving aa points for each level, but I think they need to make it fair for people like me who leveled up on a premium account as well.

I have a level 80 pom who at this point has a total of 17 AA points, and it has taken a while to get those to tell the truth. So a person leveling up a new character would be way ahead of me in the AA department without having to do the work for them that I did.

If they are going to do this they need to give people like me some AA points as well or I will be behind all the new 80's in AA points.

Maybe the best thing for them to do is top off AA pts to match char level.
    Last edited by Xanzyx; 21st May 2013 at 22:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    There's just no making people happy.

There have been complaints with the AA system that new toons are unable to compete with/participate in the level 80 dungeons/minis/raids. Now there is a legitimate solution created to assist all those new people with a small boost and the vets are worried about getting some free AA points?

I would think the proper solution would be delete a toon and start leveling again. You'll get your "free" AA points too!
    It's a legitimate request.

If two people fit the requirements of "a premium member at lvl 80", then shouldn't both people be entitled to the same benefits no matter when they reached lvl 80?

It would be like AARP adding new senior discounts but only for people who turned 65 this year... the rest of you old guys -edited by Grizzly- miss out.

Dat Logic!
    Last edited by Grizzly; 22nd May 2013 at 04:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanzyx View Post
    you (everyone/vets) will just have to bite the bullet and welcome change. Giving 80 AA pts to pre changes would just make it tilt back.
    I'm not sure i understood correctly.
    If you fear giving those free AA points even to veterans will keep the AA imbalance, then be reassured, most veterans i know have at least their main character full AA.

So those 80 points will just ad to the hundreds of points already stacked since there's nowhere to spend them.

Those free AA points would only be useful for under developed alts.

Well I'm concerned that when my girlfriend starts playing again, that she won't see a benefit. Not only do we want new players, we want people to return. I propose they give returning players an added incentive to dust off their old toons. Say if your account has been FTP for a while, perhaps when re-subbing they give you 1 AA point per level, per character on your account?

The imbalance is between new 80s and old 80s with khitai.
    Does it matter when and how the "new" 80 got to 80? If i knew, i would get the AA points when subbing on my f2p 80s and having the expansion, i would at least consider it. If it meant i would have to level them all again just to get the "bonus"...no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroth View Post
    Characters leveling up on Membership accounts will now earn one Alternate Advancement Point per level. This means that at level 80 these characters will get a flying start with 80 points they can spend in the AA system right away!
    The biggest bull**** i have heard in years. 80 mastery points is just insane! Just tune it down lets say 1 AA point per 10 levels...
    Last edited by Naerri; 22nd May 2013 at 12:54.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The imbalance is between new 80s and old 80s with khitai.
    Thatswhy you have NM/HM versions of all the dungeons. Thats it.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    The biggest bull**** i have heard in years. 80 mastery points is just insane! Just tune it down lets say 1 AA point per 10 levels...
    That would be 8 mastery points for a full lvl 80 ? That´s ridiculous. 80 points is great for new 80s. With that they can get their AAs needed for the hms and just start over.

Funcom has something to do against the AA gap between fresh 80s and vets, and these 80 points is a beginning.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast