Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    His logic is not flawed and it illustrated his point well (see above in his post or below in mine which that is).

Ok, here is my real life story:

My mother did exactly what you bring up as analogy. The pocket money was not linked to age and she raised it for both of us equally everytime. My older brother did not get anything extra, just the same rule applied to all. I just asked him, if he was happy back then. Guess what he answered?
    Hold on let me counter-argue this, internet style.

[Insert my family anecdote and how my parents did the same thing and both my older brother and sister didn't care]

So I am right because my highly specific anecdote says otherwise.

If you can not see the unfairness and the point of Khaletotep and others, that equal rules do NOT mean equal treatment...
    No I see his point, it's just an emotional "I want something other people got" argument. It's not logical and you are the ones who keep trying to provide some kind of "proof" that you are right.

You are not right. Everybody gets the same deal. I don't think I have ever said you have no right to be annoyed about it, or even to express it. Just please stop trying to present it as anything more than "I want something more than other people are getting because I was here earlier".

Once again, you assume
    You can not argue away the facts (of course every analogy (yours, too) are not reflecting exactly what you did, but they illustrate a point. Even in yours the fact remains, that all three children are treated effectively different. Just look at the money everyone of them has at 18 (ruling out inflation)).
    Yeah, so calling something a "fact" when it is emotion based really doesn't make it so.
    And as I pointed out, his analogy is flawed because you can start a char at 1 whenever you like in AoC. Children can't however, reduce their ages.

If you really don't get this sum
    NEW PLAYER LEVELING TO 80 = OLD PLAYER LEVELING TO 80
    then there is nothing more to say.

Even if you were right, YOU are the one wanting to sell a product (i hope and guess at that). In which case it does not matter if you feel you are treating customers right...it is the customers choice to decide how he/she feels about it. Though i am sure you have many supporters benefitting from this i have made it clear earlier, why you could have had a LOT more supporters with small changes not costing you anything (to keep with your analogy: Giving retroactive all the money to the first child as well might be a bit much, but giving something it wanted to have, would have worked wonders).
    Again, we are looking into this because some of you are annoyed. But read through this thread...4-6 people maybe? Most of the posts are yours, and to be honest the forums contain a very small percentage of population.

HOWEVER, it is ludicrous to think anybody would cancel their subscription because the new deal is better for new players than the old deal was. We're talking about a scale of positivity here. Something is "slightly better" for vets and "much better" for new players. Oh no, I have to cancel my account.

I can confirm that we have not seen an increase in cancellations since we improved the subscription deal. And an upswing in subscriptions

But sure, you said, you were discussing and looking into it, what that "something" could be earlier. But forgive me, if i don't hold my hopes up high (and my wallet loose) after this.
    Kurt, at this point I feel like *I* am trolling you, so I won't post in this thread again because frankly we don't agree and nothing I say seems to help plus it isn't really worth spending my free time on.

and VETERANS with TEN 80's characters GET NOTHIN "screwed" again so far..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/oue70q2w0n...nanveteran.jpg
    Last edited by kratosfury; 26th May 2013 at 13:45.

Default 2013 End of the game...

I dont understand guys, why are we still arguing about some of the issues here rly..cuz everyone leaving from AoC.And my friends sells the accounts of and a lot of player too.. Just want to say it Thx Funcom for ruining such a game...And Have fun PVE players get enjoy from npc/daily killing the same bosses ..

Nusquam plz keep up the good work! since u are in the job sepulchor of the wyrm got fixed, reallistic announcments were made, Improvements for prems and the first ever real ingame event was created.

job well done with your limited ressources! plz do net get frustrated with the allways crying people.

obviously the server move wasnt really the best move but i can see the reasoning behind it and for me its still playable so..im fine with it^^
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 26th May 2013 at 14:22.

"HOWEVER, it is ludicrous to think anybody would cancel their subscription because the new deal is better for new players than the old deal was. We're talking about a scale of positivity here. Something is "slightly better" for vets and "much better" for new players. Oh no, I have to cancel my account."

No, we're cancelling because we are being told that our characters, due to being created before 5/23/13, are inferior, and don't matter as much as characters created after that date. That those characters that we have spent paid time on, and bought items for, don't matter to you and that we should delete them and start over.

That we are "wrong" to be angry about being left in the dust.

And some of us feel flat out betrayed due to being lured back on the 10th, without being told at the time that this change was coming at that time. Because if we had known, we would not have spent 13 days leveling brand new characters, we would have waited.

Yes, you are right; these forums represent a very small amount of the population. Many people don't care enough to even come here and try to get this resolved. Some people just uninstall the game and move on, and some stick around to see if it is resolved before the next billing cycle, before deciding. Still others just keep having their posts "moderated".

But your treatment of customers in this thread alone gives shows us quite clearly how you feel about the people who's only crime is to give you money, and to expect equal treatment.

Edit: Other than this, by the way, I personally feel that YOU are what this game has needed for quite a while, and that you will change the game for the better. I also admire the fact that you have the stones to get in here and mix it up with the worst of us
    Last edited by wharmaster; 26th May 2013 at 14:28.

Look at the screenie below. Does it look like the end of the game? :-)

Most crowded area I have ever seen in any MMO.

http://i.imgur.com/tPYXZEo.jpg

Maybe it is just the good nature of trying to talk some sense into people who obviously have made an error, while they still can correct it without much harm done.

The game director himself gives the impression of blaming his paying customers to be emotional and selfish and trying to ridicule them, while they try to reason with him and explained why they are NOT. Is 1+1=2 an emotional "feeling"? Is one premium char with 39 AA points at lvl39 and one char with 0-5 AA points at lvl39 a "feeling"?

Why do you make it so hard to enjoy such a nice game? What have your customers done to you, except telling you how you could get money from them?

*shakes head sadly*

On a personal basis i DO appreciate you answering me, but i still think you do not understand the point (maybe because you don't prefer low level pvp or play much on a pvp server or most certainly did not level as many chars as i have).

Most of the points you bring up again have already been answered:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=142 and the following
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=154
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=157
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=173

You are right though, that keeping to argue publicically will not help (neither of us). Feel free to "troll" me via pm though, while i have an active forum account. If i would not think of you as a responsible person able to understand and get the point, i would not have argued that much anyway.

I have not met many people who would cancel the sub because of a single thing or not getting what they want (and those are back eventually sometime). But i know a lot of people (from many sides and directions) who have cancelled because they "felt" (and some were) treated injustly and without respect. Also don't trust statistics too much...people you annoy now might show up as subbed still, but have already "mentally" cancelled the sub (like many pvpers who bought a year sub when Bori was introduced).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th May 2013 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    nothing I say seems to help plus it isn't really worth spending my free time on.
    They don't want to understand. All they'll hear is what they WANT to hear. Nothing else.

The update IS a good one but its implementation is seriously flawed. Yes I can level a toon to receive the benefit but not many vets are going to want to. It simply is what Funcom does on most things... you do what you want and then tell us a version of working as intended. I could cite loads of examples but it won't help you any more than a counter argument will change my opinion. I would say however that we would not be in this discussion period had Funcon paid more attention to its paying customers than to telling us a working as intended post. Then again what do I know you guys are highly successful and subs have never been higher.
    Last edited by tommyboy66; 26th May 2013 at 14:41.
    Rock breakin for PVP??
    Rock breakin is fer pansies!!!

Btw @Nusquam or other mods/devs u should check the translations again, atleast the german translation is just wrong about this topic