Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    And now we're told "hey, you should have waited a week, thanks for the money, sucks to be you."

Do you REALLY not understand why some of us feel like we got screwed here??
    I'm strongly fighting the urge to call you Whinemaster, but only because it would probably be against the social guidelines.

I don't understand why do you feel you have been "sucked out your money" in an unfair way. I mean, it's not like they have promised you a things they didn't gave you afterward. You bought the subs thinking you would have nothing more than the good "50% bonus time" deal, and you have willfully paid for it.

The fact that there's bonus for the anniversary is not relevant to the problem.

Sure, you can be disappointed for missing a bunch of AA. That's a fair point I guess. But this has very little to do with the money you spent on the subs. You have been given exactly what it was stated and you knew what you were buying at the time. It's a bonus, for Crom's sake, it's not like they suddenly got rid of half of the game & half of the quest one week after the offer. Now That's a scenario where you could complain you have been ripped of your money

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    I'm strongly fighting the urge to call you Whinemaster, but only because it would probably be against the social guidelines.

I don't understand why do you feel you have been "sucked out your money" in an unfair way. I mean, it's not like they have promised you a things they didn't gave you afterward. You bought the subs thinking you would have nothing more than the good "50% bonus time" deal, and you have willfully paid for it.

The fact that there's bonus for the anniversary is not relevant to the problem.

Sure, you can be disappointed for missing a bunch of AA. That's a fair point I guess. But this has very little to do with the money you spent on the subs. You have been given exactly what it was stated and you knew what you were buying at the time. It's a bonus, for Crom's sake, it's not like they suddenly got rid of half of the game & half of the quest one week after the offer. Now That's a scenario where you could complain you have been ripped of your money
    Yeah, other people's legitimate issues prompt you to immaturity. And now I'm supposed to care about anything you say?

let me guess. you have a full account of level 80s with full AA and T4, so none of this matters to you anyway??

At no point were we informed that we would only be eligible for upcoming subscriber benefits if we subscribed AFTER 5/23/13.

But the whole thing is moot, anyway. The situation has been acknowledged, and is being addressed. YOU might not think it's a problem, but those affected by it, and obviously the Game Director, feel otherwise.
    Last edited by wharmaster; 24th May 2013 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    7 days ago it was announced. http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...5&postcount=16

Tough luck?
    Hey Fass :-) Yes, I saw that post on TL, but the common subscribed member does not read over there whats being added to test servers

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    I would rather go on other way... please allow convert offline levels to AA's... Having almost 200 offline levels and nothing to spend them on as I got 12 chars already :P
    No, he´s quite right about it.

Maybe, if offline levels would not give AAs, people would play their new character from 1 to 80, which would mean more people in the leveling areas, making it more attractive to new players.

As it is now, it´s just helping to narrow the AA gap between fresh 80s and vets. If offline levels would give no AAs it would also help to populate the level areas.

imo the best thing would be to add AA points as quest rewards, widely spread between all level ranges, and don´t give any AA just for leveling up.

80 AA points is a joke. It hardly changes your character against someone who has earned 1000 or more. With 80 points you might be able to max maybe 2 low end slots like DS or Chromatic. What 80 AA points does do though is allow a new character to instantly move down their tree and start time training needed PvE abilites like resolve, UB, FH, ect.. it also allows people who want to PvP to access the higher tier AA abilites which can improve their game. It's a great idea.

For those veterans crying about "what do I get", well, you don't get anything. The boost is for new players or alts, fresh toons that are basicly useless once they hit 80 unless you spend time doing Khitai-normals (lol), get carried by a K6 group (also lol), or do some late night T1/T2 pugs for a few weeks.

While I do have some complaints about the aniversery rewards (like why do I get the crap "I see red people", and somebody else gets a vessel of attainment), most of the changes to subs is made to entice people to resub or sub for the first time. Getting newer players is the only way to sustain the game.

If your qqing about 80 AA points, think about how T4 allows people at PvP 4 or less to dominate certain maps with certain classes. (Blood Ravine and Rangers...lol) I have more complaints about being 2 shotted by a PvP 2 in T4 gear than I would about some guy in old world blues with 80 AA points.
    Doomsayer 2008

80 is not much at all guys.. why cry?

also, its a GOOD THING that new people are getting a helping hand to get started!

also, for the people crying "omg why dont i get 80 aa pts" umm.. if they give everyone 80 then it defeats the whole point of helping new people to get started..

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post

imo the best thing would be to add AA points as quest rewards, widely spread between all level ranges, and don´t give any AA just for leveling up.
    agreed. I rather like the AA potions as quest rewards.

This would help re-populate the world as well, and encourage people to actually grind out new characters instead of rolling 50's and offlining to 80.

Better yet, make the perks needed for HMs innate to archetypes, lvl 80 skill. AA is supposed to start at lvl 80.

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    agreed. I rather like the AA potions as quest rewards.

This would help re-populate the world as well, and encourage people to actually grind out new characters instead of rolling 50's and offlining to 80.
    it is the most shallow game on the market for leveling, why would the funcom want to force you through areas they have not developed in 5 years. tortage is well done and then nothing until 80. funcom does not want new players to quit because content is missing.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    it is the most shallow game on the market for leveling, why would the funcom want to force you through areas they have not developed in 5 years. tortage is well done and then nothing until 80. funcom does not want new players to quit because content is missing.
    it's actually not that bad now. I just leveled another HoX from 1 to 65 (so far) this last week, and have had a good time the whole way. Goes very quickly too.

Khitai and Turan help out a lot. Having more than just villas as scalable dailies is a MAJOR improvement for the 60+ range.

Toss in a couple offline levels for when you need a little extra boost, and it's actually one of the more pleasant PVE leveling experiences I've suffered through now.

MUCH better than launch, to be sure.