Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Funcom did communicate about that new system and explained very clearly how it works.

And about leveling like crazy to rush, well, you're responsible for your own fun, if you can't manage it and spoil your own game time, that's on you dude, don't blame others for your WoW mindset.
    "With Age of Conan's 5th anniversary right around the corner, we're going to start things off early with a special game time offer! From Friday the 10th of May, going all through the Anniversary Celebration, anyone buying 3, 6 or 12 months of game time gets an additional 50% for free! Click below to head over to our website to buy game time now!

Stay tuned for more information on the big Anniversary Celebration. Look forward to in-game events and much more! The big event starts off on Thursday the 23rd of May! See you in-game!"

As for the rest of your post, yeah. I'm supposed to pay for the game, and then not play it?? Or play at a pace that someone else feels is appropriate?? If I'm having fun, I'm gonna play.

Stop being an apologist. It just looks silly.

They did NOT communicate it clearly and certainly not with enough time upfront (check the timeline and the thread about how it works).
    A few days ago they were still "looking into" how it works themselves and then chose to limit it to just the change in level up coding and go for it.
    Again, a lot of annoyance and anger could have been easily circumvented by a few lines of code to level up the starting field, so no one could complain justly (e.g. give every one premium or going premium lvl-1 AA points once). And with each day the error becomes harder to fix in a just way.
    This is what just makes me sad
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 09:05.

Two days ago, a player had a character made free 50 and offlined to 80 in our guild. He is not exactly happy now.

Funcom

I look at the replies in this thread...
    And I look at what I wrote about us looking into it...
    And I wonder why people have reached the conclusion that we are doing nothing about this?

I am going to get something done. We are defining what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And I wonder why people have reached the conclusion that we are doing nothing about this?

Good to hear. But I think that your posts on the matter got lost in the noise. Maybe an announcement???

Also, maybe you were not clear enough that something WOULD be done.

And just a suggestion....take it for what it's worth....maybe next time, work out these kinds of major, glaring flaws BEFORE implementation??

Sorry if I come across as impolite, but I'm rather angry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post

Good to know and thanks for the reply

At least i was always hoping you are not finished with this issue...just had to make sure that for many people just ignoring it and swallowing (like other posters suggested) will not do or be fair.
    Also as said earlier it will not become easier with time to balance out the error (people are already levelling and it will be harder to distinguish how chars got the AA they have).
    For example: Char A who was premium and lvl40 last week and is now 50 with 10 AA points. He/she could have used potions (saved up from old specials) and got some part of the AA by levelling since yesterday or got the whole bunch from levelling since yesterday.
    Though if you have a "copy" of yesterdays status you could simply award everyone premium (at that time) lvl (at that time)-1 AA points and everyone not premium at that time bluntly lvl-1 AA when they resub (once of course).
    And please consider, whatever you do, that you make it not only valid for people premium now, but also for f2p now who consider subbing to premium. Btw, the f2p goodies for the anniversary are a bit ...not that luring (fireworks and a 7 day pass to khitai for ONE char, but no special offers so far and no discount (i checked the shop). Some discount on bags, expansion keys and such might be more luring (to me at least)).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th May 2013 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Two days ago, a player had a character made free 50 and offlined to 80 in our guild. He is not exactly happy now.
    I burned up my free 50 and 74 offline levels I had saved to make 2 lvl 80's because everyone said the AA's would be retro. I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.

Please change it so that offline levels get no AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Herath13 View Post
    Please change it so that offline levels get no AA.
    I would rather go on other way... please allow convert offline levels to AA's... Having almost 200 offline levels and nothing to spend them on as I got 12 chars already :P
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    7 days ago it was announced. http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...5&postcount=16

Tough luck?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast