Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Players have been advocating doing something like this to help the new players and new toons be able to bridge the gap with AAs. Making a toon and then having to have it sit around as you can only do solo instances or non god slayer ones which rarely occur as it's more beneficial to be doing the GS mode isn't fun for someone who has alts they can use, if it's you're only toon then that would be very off putting for a lot of people to keep playing this game.

80 Expertise points are irrelevant to my toons as I've been playing since launch myself, but 80 points to a fresh toon or someone new to the game is good for me as well. It does benefit me as it is opening up the number of players than can do 6 mans as they have the major AAs that they need (providing they get advice on which ones to get). I'm not sure how this change can be seen as bad.

I support the idea to give exp points to new players. In fact give them more. Why wait for a year to be more competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman-au View Post
    Players have been advocating doing something like this to help the new players and new toons be able to bridge the gap with AAs. Making a toon and then having to have it sit around as you can only do solo instances or non god slayer ones which rarely occur as it's more beneficial to be doing the GS mode isn't fun for someone who has alts they can use, if it's you're only toon then that would be very off putting for a lot of people to keep playing this game.

80 Expertise points are irrelevant to my toons as I've been playing since launch myself, but 80 points to a fresh toon or someone new to the game is good for me as well. It does benefit me as it is opening up the number of players than can do 6 mans as they have the major AAs that they need (providing they get advice on which ones to get). I'm not sure how this change can be seen as bad.
    This guy's got it right. 80 AA points is hardly a huge boost, but it's enough of a push to get noobs started down the long and grindy road that you've already walked.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

I'm currently F2P and i feel myslef like in reservation.
    And i was really dissapointed that maximum funcom came up with is 80 free AA points per leveling. At least because i leveled myself 1.5 years ago. To get my TW and FH i was interacting with guild, asking people to teach me, listening every word, and was doing PvP in tortage gear forever spoiling my K/D ratio. This 80 points is good, but not for AoC veteran.

Comparing to TSW, AoC business model sad. Really sad.
    Last edited by hoskuldr; 23rd May 2013 at 00:47.

These are very good changes for new players
    Tks for the improvements Nusquam

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock1863 View Post
    Don't be lazy ...... just level the normal way and learn your class. It's no biggy
    good try :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I can't see how improvements to subscription can cause people to be upset...maybe I am getting old.
    The change with the insane boost on the alternative advancement system gain is too radical. 80 points is just too much (60 points in the Catacombs, anyone?! Upscale the fight!) - the system was solely enjoyed at 80 for the horizontal progression, and unless you add more AA in the system and upscale the difficulty of the quests at the proper levels, there is nothing good in the change. That is sad for me, even if you might like it Nusquam, and it means that I shall not resubscribe until the problems are addressed (adding to that the new ping at 300)... That was a great year in the game though...
    Last edited by Lakishta; 23rd May 2013 at 07:52.

I do hope that they can retroactively apply this some for the sake of my newer toons and free 50, but if not that ranger will just have to tough it out with old guard and demo...

I'd like to say two things though:

1) Seems a bit too much flack in this thread given over an _improvement_. Maybe some things could be better but at least for this is a relative win. Also the more positive feedback for things of this type the more it reinforces similar improvements in the future, and opposed to disenfranchising similar future efforts. There are plenty of other issues that can be griped about in due time. So thank you to Joel et al for the effort here at least.

2) Having some rewards more relevant for long term vets probably would be cool, and maybe they will figure something out for that, but in the meantime I hope that people realize that one of the main reasons an average gamer doesn't get into MMO's like this one is the insane amount of time you have to sink into them just as a pre-req to get to the the "better" parts. It's a barrier to entry on a lot of MMOs and yet a small percent of die-hards in any game will insist things be harder/slower/grindier/whatever as if that really makes something more of an accomplishment. And if that vocal and persistent minority gets its way it's not good for much other than a slow death of the game they allegedly like.

Lessening barrier of entry to/near endgame content is a big plus to anyone coming in with a job, a spouse, kids, social life, or even just other games they rotate through or the same game if playing through alts. There will always be areas for really hardcore players to stand out some like the best gear or running things on heroic, but significant amounts of required grind is a real barrier to new blood and to $$ to keep the game alive. If AoC is going to survive it needs some ways to find new players, and keep them around/convert some to paying customers before they get bored with grind, and attitude from established players as if this somehow devalues their own play does not really help at all.

I do understand the way of giving 80 AA-points to new subs (or new leveled toons) so these players can reach Level 80 and go in Khitai-instances (you know the chats in Global "HM-run, only with equip+AA"). This is a solid base and a good start for them.

But please force your DBA to give 80 points to every "old" Level 80char, as this is only a "drop on the hot stone" (is ist an english phrase, too?) for those who need 50 points for a Level4 to Level5-gold-perk (as my friend told me) - but it shows a signal: "We care for you!"
    Last edited by Nexothep; 23rd May 2013 at 09:31. Reason: Points edited (50 Points from Lvl 4 to 5)
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Lakishta View Post
    The change with the insane boost on the alternative advancement system gain is too radical. 80 points is just too much (60 points in the Catacombs, anyone?! Upscale the fight!) - the system was solely enjoyed at 80 for the horizontal progression, and unless you add more AA in the system and upscale the difficulty of the quests at the proper levels, there is nothing good in the change. That is sad for me, even if you might like it Nusquam, and it means that I shall not resubscribe until the problems are addressed (adding to that the new ping at 300)... That was a great year in the game though...
    insane boost? r u kidding me? 80 points get u the aas u need to go to HMs but thats it

u need atleast 5 points to get to mid area, and there are 1-2 30point feats to get u HM ready, after that u can either improve a pressing/decisive or get 1 feat from lower area, thats hardly an insane boost..

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast