Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

sorry, but it kinda feels like vets are overlooked - Drest edit- in the process of trying to lure in new subs.

I think other companies in the past have learned valuable lessons from suddenly giving away to new players what vets had already struggled to achieve. It doesn't usually end well.

Deleting characters and re-grinding is NOT a legitimate solution here, sorry.
    Last edited by Drest; 23rd May 2013 at 18:51.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wharmaster View Post
    sorry, but it kinda feels like vets are getting overlooked - Drest edit- in the process of trying to lure in new subs.

I think other companies in the past have learned valuable lessons from suddenly giving away to new players what vets had already struggled to achieve. It doesn't usually end well.

Deleting characters and re-grinding is NOT a legitimate solution here, sorry.
    the highest level toons for me is 59, its fine for me to create a new one, but i already bought potions, social gears, and few other things from in game shop to my level 59 toon, and i really dont want to creat a new one just for those 58 points, but if i dont , i will loss 58 aa..... so struggling with it. why FC want us to make choice like this.... dont tell me 58 aa is nothing, for a new player, it still took long enough to get it, duhhh, i feel like when i am final earned $100, and than somebody just told me its only worse $1 from now on...
    Last edited by Drest; 23rd May 2013 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by scelerato View Post
    I just resubbed yesterday and used all my offline levels to level my toon to 80 today. How does this work for me? Did I miss out on all those aa points by 1 day?

If you offlined them today after the servers went down to kickstart the Anniversary Celebration, you should have those AA points. That's how I understand it anyway.

If you used your offline levels last night or this morning before the servers went down, then I expect you would not get those extra AA points.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

My thoughts for what theyre worth:

1- This is a good attempt to allow new 80s to gain AA skills they would need to participate in 6 mans. 80 Points is a reasonable amount and a huge leap over the daunting grind one would face without the gifted AA points - Kudos Funcom ..sorta kinda

2- How can the collective Funcom Braintrust not see that implementing this "gift" and precluding your paying Veteran base is going to do nothing but annoy your customers. I hadnt finished reading the details of the Bonus and I was already at "ok what will this mean to Veterans". If I can come to that conclusion in seconds how or why is it the what about the Vets thing is a complete afterthought to you guys. Its more ready, shoot, aim, patch this borked idea and its getting so very old.

My thoughts anyway on how you needlessly take something fairly good and bork it.
    Rock breakin for PVP??
    Rock breakin is fer pansies!!!

Exactly. Why not give everyone premium now the points and same to everyone f2p and resubbing?
    Right now it is a bad taste for old players (since they can not unlevel and relevel and will probably not delete and reroll toons) while not closing the gap at 80 for all and not being attractive for veterans who are f2p.
    I hope you reconsider and change how it is handled or find something for vets and old 80s (or 39 or 59s etc.).

Why veterans would need free AA point sin the first place ?
    Most have at least one character full AA.

I see no legitimate reason apart from plain greed and whinny mindset to complain about that new system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

I see no legitimate reason apart from plain greed and whinny mindset to complain about that new system.
    You're to some degree right, a lot don't need those aa points, but would it really have been that hard to chuck a free pot in the shop for subbers/vets to claim that gave 20-30 aa points (or whatever)? No. And it would have circumvented a lot of the complaints. (Personally, I could care less, as all the toons I play regularly have the bulk of their aa's, but a free chunk of points to put towards those long time train aa's would be nice).
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post

On May 10th, Funcom sent an e-mail to former players and vets asking us to come back to the game for the anniversary, and promising us discounts on subs, etc.

A lot of us did it, and made new characters to experience all the changes the game has gone through.

We spent offline levels, we bought things from the item shop, and we leveled like crazy.

And now we're told "hey, you should have waited a week, thanks for the money, sucks to be you."

Do you REALLY not understand why some of us feel like we got screwed here??

Here is my problem with it. And I might have the worst case. I came back a few days ago after being gone for a time and subbed for 6 months. I rolled a toon to 30 and used 50 offline lvls and then bought a pack that gave me a free 50 and used another 24 offline lvls I had in store to lvl him up. If I would have come back 1 day later my 2 toons would have the nice AA and instead a noob that is lvl 10 in Tortage already has more AA points than me. I have been here paying since 2008. I am pretty devastated but I'm sure If I petition I'll get an "so sorry bro, have a nice day"
    I am glad they are taking the initiative to bring players in but don't crap on the ones that have been around since the start. A ton of Vets in my guild are pissed about this but never use forums to voice their opinions.

Funcom did communicate about that new system and explained very clearly how it works.

And about leveling like crazy to rush, well, you're responsible for your own fun, if you can't manage it and spoil your own game time, that's on you dude, don't blame others for your WoW mindset.