Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic ultra slow !!!

Default Graphic ultra slow !!!

After waiting weeks for "reading content" when going from one location to another dont see nearly 30 seconds npc/mobs textures after changing location or going deep in new location

minimize ALL graphic settings doesnt help

anybody had this problem and SOLVED it?

in Khitai all time die from invisible enemy, this only looks funny, but isnt.

Sounds like hardware is lacking. I used to get those invisible mobs before upgrading my PC.

Short of re-installing Windows or new components, don't know.

Minimum settings do not work, best just click on Medium button and see.

Sounds like your game is downloading resources on the background.
    Invisible enemies is the typical case where your game lacks the textures and needs time to download it. It happens on fresh installs when you see a model for the first time.

Try this :

On your launcher, on the left of the panel, there areas for which you can download high resolution textures. Tick all the maps so the loader download it all while you're not playing.

Once it's done, launch the game again and check with high video settings how it goes.

List your computer stats. This game isn't designed to run on a P4 with 256 mb of memory.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Get SSD + 8GB RAM min
    Zoning in less than 10s to any location.

Quote Originally Posted by QbusPuchatek View Post
    After waiting weeks for "reading content" when going from one location to another dont see nearly 30 seconds npc/mobs textures after changing location or going deep in new location

minimize ALL graphic settings doesnt help

anybody had this problem and SOLVED it?

in Khitai all time die from invisible enemy, this only looks funny, but isnt.
    Try setting in video: windowed(fullscreen). It fixed a lot of my gfx issues, it might help you too.
    Retired

this is riduculous in Khitai I must wait 30 s to even see quest giver !!!

have Aoc as only 1 program working (when raids mumble but with aoc all-all lowest options)

all time have memory problems too: (CRASH)
    e:\devenv\build\branch_v4.00.nots\code\enginecode\ corelibraries\corememorymanager\MemoryManager.Win3 2.cpp (78)

XP Service Pack 3
    AMD Phenom II X2 500
    3,11 Ghz 3.00 Gb Ram
    Nvidia Geforce GT 220

I know this is not strongest game machine, but my problems are too big.

"Try setting in video: windowed(fullscreen). It fixed a lot of my gfx issues" - doesnt help
    "you can download high resolution textures. Tick all the maps so the loader download it all while you're not playing.Once it's done, launch the game again and check with high video settings how it goes" - on high settings game is freezed -- EDIT have high all changed od high - doesnt work.
    "Sounds like your HDD is acting up. Maybe you should defragment it" defragment doesnt help too, wirtual memory have very much on all partitions"

---My little cousin is playing with a lesser machine that I had huge doubts to it's ability to play AoC, and he doesn't suffer from that.--- yes this means game can be playable but i dont know still HOW.
    Last edited by QbusPuchatek; 23rd May 2013 at 14:20.

My little cousin is playing with a lesser machine that I had huge doubts to it's ability to play AoC, and he doesn't suffer from that.
    Sounds like your HDD is acting up. Maybe you should defragment it and/or make more space available on it.

wow I find this problem isnt solved from 2008

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=2011

no chance for me to play game without stress

This is the slow & painful way to fix such issues but here goes. As was mentioned before you need to download all texture content from the launcher options page but this must be done twice (I know ball-ache time). Check all areas & select low res textures first and let them download; once this has finished exit the launcher and restart and repeat the process selecting the high res textures. Now that all possible texture content is updated on the client there should be no background updates and, hopefully, NPCs and mobs should spawn normally in-game.
    I had to go through this process recently when my RAID failed and I had to do a clean install of AoC to an new disk configuration.
    Hope it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast