Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When selecting gear from drops or quest rewards

Default When selecting gear from drops or quest rewards

I am now a level 32 Aquilonian Guardian and I am doing well in my quest to reach the end game in PvE. When I am selecting gear that either drops for me, or is given to me from quests. I have been doing my best to get gear rich in Strength, Constitution, Stamina, Hit, and Combat rating. Is this the correct path that I should be going down. I am sure that I am, but I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing so I am not get frustrating if I was to start dying (which is not the case at this time).

Anyways, hope everyone is have a good time playing AoC Unchained.

You got it right, get heavy and plate with the stats you mentioned, you can also seek gear with hate increase, critical rating and critical damage rating.

Good to know. Thanks for the tip and thanks for letting me know that I am on the right track to tank .

It's also a matter a playstyle, if you are more DPS oriented or if you play more defensive, turtle-tank-like.

But in overall I think you're good. Maybe should be useful to know that stamina doesn't matter that much anymore since the sprint revamp. Running out of stamina these day is much more difficult than previously

As long as you are leveling, armor beats everything else. Other stats are just not high enough to matter.
    I am Stian ingame...

I went with as much hit rating as I could find, proved to be invaluable as glancing hits or any of that crap is a thing of the past for me.

Well, PVE wise, hit rating is mostly utterly useful when you fight against mob with higher level than yours. So no need to say that in Khitai, it's something that you want to have. But hey, while leveling, it's not that much a problem.

Well, depends, i for one level only fighting mobs 3-4 level higher, finding that the effort/xp rewarded is worthwhile.
    And then hit rating is for sure something you need, even more on casters, it's just a pain to have 20% of your spells/abilities resisted.

Good tips all around. I definitely have been making sure to grab armor upgrades that have a higher armor then what I am currently using, also making sure that it has Strength, as this increases armor as well, but you all know that . I am now doing a lot better with using the pole arm on 3-4 mobs, and doing even better with S+S with 2-3 mobs in defensive stance. I think I only ran out of stamina once, but it was a really long fight involving the Level 30 Destiny quest versus the Arch Mage Boss in the Blessed Caves . Since then I rarely run out of Stamina, but it is nice to have a decent Stamina pool, so you don't run out when you have a lengthy battle.

Always drink potions, always!

Buy a bunch of them and make sure to always be slightly buzzed.
    I am Stian ingame...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast