Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Cash shop account wide Bags unlock ala TSW for aoc!

Wow. Thank you.

I really expected the cost to be higher, it really is a steal as it is now. Thanks again
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Quote Originally Posted by Icoyce View Post
    Wow. Thank you.

I really expected the cost to be higher, it really is a steal as it is now. Thanks again
    Haven't been able to find it in the store yet here....

How much was it?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Coffer of Nullity (122 slots) costs 2700 to buy, 3375 to unlock.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Look in item shop under accessories under bag. It wasn't in new items or special offers options.

Just a couple of things about the new bags.

Just going to use the example of the Coffer of Nullity. I am sure the other bags have the same issues.....

If you have enough points to buy the bag but not the unlock feature you will only see the buy option. It does not give you an option to buy points first.

So remember you do not need to buy the bag first to get the unlock, you need 3375 points in your account to get the unlock option.

If you do not have enough points to buy the bag (2700 points) you will be prompted to buy points, so make sure you get enough to get the unlock if that is what you are after and be careful. Remember, you do not have to buy a bag to buy the unlock, just get the unlock option.

This is really awesome, a little overdue and as far as I(and a number of friends/guildies) are concerned well received.

My only issue: can we PLEASE get a bag that increases resource storage?

That one complaint aside, well done Joel et al.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I'll be moving resources to the bank then putting social gear in my new bag for the moment.

Also an option to open up more bank space 'unlocked' would be really nice.

Thanks though. I already bought my bags for my chars, hopefully I won't regret getting the 97 vs 122 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I hope there is some workaround or option to broaden the database one day again.
    Doubtful, changing the schema / table format to be more efficient is not an easy task and can affect the entire codebase, depending on how tightly coupled it is.

The best we could hope for is that the database server hardware gets better to allow for larger tablespaces and indexes that perform adequately against millions of rows.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

sorry if this has been stated but if you have multiple coffers on various toons does that enable the rest of your toons to get it or do you got to buy yet another?

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Doubtful, changing the schema / table format to be more efficient is not an easy task and can affect the entire codebase, depending on how tightly coupled it is.

The best we could hope for is that the database server hardware gets better to allow for larger tablespaces and indexes that perform adequately against millions of rows.
    Yes, but that was i was hoping for. It all depends probably on how the original database was concepted and how tight it is build in with the engine. I know some games where it was too hardcoded with performance in mind, so they kept being limited even when hardware got better. Even if it works to change the format, you would have to adjust all the worktools/editors etc., too.

@seabeeveet:
    If you use the unlock option the item goes on unlimited claim for the whole account, completely independand on the bags you used before.

The price is around 25% more of the single one, so even if just 2 toons of yours don't have such a coffer yet, it is better to buy with unlock than with single buy. If that is of worth to you, is a completely different matter. Also as said already, the additionall slots do not add up. If you have the same bag that you buy already, there is no benefit. If you have a 97 bag and buy a 122 bag, the benefit will be 25 additional slots.

@Joel: See? It works...you already got more money from me alone now, than i would have spent for raid/unchained/premium/AA access in the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th November 2013 at 07:05.